• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Electric Problem In Honda Es1

Ari

Question

Hi

I faced this issue several times since I noticed the front lights and the radio of my Civic ES1 starting to blink with the steering wheel cannot turn while the car is running (must be because it is EPS).

I did full system diagnosis at Stafford Motors and there were no errors with the electrical system.

Can somebody pls advise what would be the issue. Can it be the Alternator belt?

Also where can I find a good place to show it around Kelaniya area?

thnx

16 answers to this question

well it can be a alternator or either an issue in ur EPS system but prior to that it will be very easy to every one if you explained your isssue bit more.

Well, when it happens I cannot turn the steering wheel and also the radio and the lights gets on and off.

Also there is no bulb indication, that's why I thought it might be a problem with the belt

Well, when it happens I cannot turn the steering wheel and also the radio and the lights gets on and off.

Also there is no bulb indication, that's why I thought it might be a problem with the belt

Ari,

Get a Auto knowledgeable Electrician to check your battery terminals main connecting battery wire connections.

As well as all connections to + & - battery leads. 2 battery terminals(sulfate) have white stuff or green stuff.

Later follow the main + wires connecting the Ignition switch and all other main connections to important accessories.

It is most probably on main lead wire. Because entire system gets cut off. According to your post.

I do not think you have a Alternator problem.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Ari,

Get a Auto knowledgeable Electrician to check your battery terminals main connecting battery wire connections.

As well as all connections to + & - battery leads. 2 battery terminals(sulfate) have white stuff or green stuff.

Later follow the main + wires connecting the Ignition switch and all other main connections to important accessories.

It is most probably on main lead wire. Because entire system gets cut off. According to your post.

I do not think you have a Alternator problem.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Thank you! THis is very helpful. I check the terminals and no sulfate.

A similar problem has been discussed in the thread http://forum.autolanka.com/topic/15558-alternator-porblem-ek3/?hl=flicker#entry249464. You will find it helpful.

May be mine has a similar problem.

I was told by the electricians to come when that happens, otherwise they cannot clearly say what it is :|

Anyway I added an additional battery earth wire as said by my friend, just to check if that the case

Ari,

Is it a total electrical failure? Do engine work at that time. Or any other electrical units operate?

I still think the problem is an intermediate disconnection of electrical system.

This is for your reference if any one checks the Voltage.15 Dc volts Volts charging on the system is little high Maximum has to be 14.5 DC volts.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Edited by Sylvi
  • Like 1

After adding an additional battery earth cable, didn't have that problem upto now.

Not sure whether it's because I couldn't drive that much, or the problem is that there's a shortcircuit in the electical systems.

But still the lights goes slightly dim some times. Will need to examine further after a couple of long distance driving.

Ari,

Is it a total electrical failure? Do engine work at that time. Or any other electrical units operate?

I still think the problem is an intermediate disconnection of electrical system.

This is for your reference if any one checks the Voltage.15 Dc volts Volts charging on the system is little high Maximum has to be 14.5 DC volts.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Hi

Checked the voltage and it was normal, but need to recheck once I get that problem