• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

What Should A New Crz Owner Look Out For?

dakrazyman20

Hi Everyone,

Its been awhile since i was on the forums.

I've decided to go for a Honda CRZ which i'll be picking up this Thursday.

It'll be my first hybrid and first coupe.

I know its not the fastest thing on the planet but it will be enough fun for me :-).

Wanted to pick the brains of all you Honda and CRZ boffins on what i should look out for in terms of maintenance and if you had any tips with regards to daily use and where to go for its regular servicing.

Thanks in advance.

Congrats on your purchase dude. I hope it's a manual tranny

You don't need to do anything different to maintain a hybrid. Just stick to regular servicing with the usual fluids. If it's a CVT, always use Honda CVT fluid. That should suffice for the next 2-3 years or so. Also keep an eye on the forums. You never know what new things are gonna pop up here.

Haha good one Komi, sadly its not a manual.... i found only a white manual during my search and the owner was being unreasonable with the price. The car i found is a CVT but a beaut tho. It has been well looked after by its previous owner and is in black.

Btw taking the car to Staffords is fine right? If there is another garage with good servicing would love to hear about it. Live in Kotte FYI

Thank you guys.

CRZ owners, look forward to joining the frat soon. Will post pics when i collect it.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, sorry it took so long to post photos.

Here are a few that the person i bought it from took of it after clearing it.

So from what i can tell the previous owner in Japan decided to splurge on the car abit in the aesthetic dept.

From what i can spot thus far here somethings he added:

• Alloys, they are Rays Gram Lights (17 inches)
  • Tires: Dunlop low profile
  • Original Mugen Spoiler
  • Recaro Japan Bucket seats, these seats are currently givin me back ache and neck ache. Have to use a booster cushion from time to time. Who knew seats came with a lifetime warranty card :-)
  • A Pioneer Carozzeria AVIC-MRZ series stereo/ navigation unit that is near indecipherable to me even though i watch tonnes of jap shows this unit is indecipherable. The unit comes with a reverse cam, bluetooth phone connectivity and ipod and usb connectivity. I'm thinkin abt replacing it but the camera and other wired i peripherals are makin me hesitant. It isnt wired into the cars functioning though... phew. plus the gps receivers are glued to the windscreen.
  • The car has a custom twin exhaust from sum company in a tokyo suburb.

Documentation for the car and the extras is mad detailed i have the warranties, bills and printouts shud i need anything replaced. Hell this car was well loved before it was sold.

Driving it is fun as hell, it puts a smile on my face and its nice for a recluse car guy like me to get a little attention no matter how shallow it is.

Enjoy the pics. If any meetups are happening would love to come and show it off.

post-23715-0-51131000-1386066501_thumb.j

post-23715-0-97948100-1386066510_thumb.j

post-23715-0-52667300-1386066520_thumb.j

• Like 1

Congrats dacrazyman :)...did u try the sports mode and how does it feel when comparing to the normal mode(just curious)

if komi feels abit jelous ..who owns a type R and a 510,i am not suprised about mysellf feeling jelous..who is still drivig parents cars :P

• Like 2

Thank you all for the lovely comments.

@Kopi the first thing i did was go to the Recaro Japan site and try to find the seats, from a visual stand point the seats match a model called SR-7 ASM Limited IS-11. Now the reason i think this is the model is bcoz of the characteristic red stitching these seats have which match the stitching on my seats. The Recaro warranty card that came does not list the model or its in Jap so cant read. Ne ways the site has them priced at 97,650 yen. that made my jaw drop first time i saw it.

@Jaguar mate if ur sig is rite and u have a Cooper S u'll smoke me but would love to meet up n see how long i can keep up with your sweet ride. This is my first fastish car so still gettin into the groove of driving briskly. Thanks for the compliments.

@dreamracer first off huge Kapeta fan love ur avatar, thumbs up, yes the difference in the three modes can be felt, eco is very restrained n depowered, normal and sport are not huge ways off but u feel the diff. In sport the rev limiter goes deeper and u need to use the paddles. Throttle response is sharper too. The assistance from the electric motor is awsum the torque it provides is certainly invaluable to the cars performance. And dont worry u will get ur own car soon i hope, just keep working towards that goal mate.

Those seats are absolutely to die for!! My god don't ever chuck them away! Just log into recaro and see how much theyre worth!! Nice car men.

Well he is literally in pain every time he uses them! No point having the seats regardless of how much they are worth if they make driving around uncomfortable for the driver. I mean its not like this is going to be a track car. Might as well sell them off to a keen buyer, make a buck, and then source some nice comfortable seats instead (I'd go back to the stock setup).

Edited by Kavvz

Nice care mate! Congratulations!

Drove one that belongs to one of my frinds once... On sport mode with a nudge on the pedal and I was doing 120 down Marine Drive before I even knew it. :) Was a damn good feeling. Nice little machine for a hybrid this one. I'm sure you'll enjoy every bit of it.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all the great comments guys.

@Hoonigan i'm thinkin a K&N dropin filter in Jan/Feb 2014 and eventually save up for a carbon hood mid 2014.

I'm not going to do anything drastic withit as i like it the way it is. It is prefect for our roads and the power is manageable, not intimidating.

I had the car serviced last week n the undercarriage was super clean not even a scratch, whoever owned it before me was very careful with it.

One thing to workout ASAP is raising the height of the seat. The way its fitted kinda makes that impossible as the nuts are not on flat surfaces. Might need to raise the seat from the rail mount. Anyone know a good place to get this checked and done?

@Crazy Life would love to get together for a meetup. DM me info whenever.

Carbon hood... K&n filter... I hear my song being sung! Looks like the went from good hands into equally capable ones. I'd be a little wary of the filter tho. Even k&n may not filter out sri Lankan dust as well. The stock unit might be healthier for your engine in the long run.

Now, Mugen, on the other hand, has the entire set of doohickeys for your car... ;)

If you're in the area, go meet mr. Sajaad Saahli at auto force in saranankara road. 0777304450. They instal racing buckets regularly and I'm sure his mechanics will sort something out for you. Also, he is the local agent for GAB suspension. Too soon, I know I know, but having a look at what he has won't cost you anything no? If you want to see how good gab coilovers are, I'll take you for a drive. As russel peters said, mind blasting!!

Also, there's my mechanic Prasanna from project performance in mount. 0776248220. He's also a performance tuner, and quite the talker. But a good hand. He might be able to sort this out as well, and will surely be cheaper than Sajaad.

If you're coming to wither place, gimme a shout. Would love to see your car. I work/live respectively in those areas!