• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

OshanR

Hi,

this is my 1st post over here but i do hangout here alot.

so as you may know theres a new helmet saying that the helmet you wear should not cover the area from eye browse to chin. and further more should not be tinted

source - http://www.adaderana.lk/news.php?nid=24659

so there are the points i have against it

* why is it required to see the face of the driver when you can see the lisence plate (well in the times of war it "might" have been reasonable, still it sounds silly)

* its very usefull to wear a full helmet when your riding long distances ( dust in your face, in case of rain )

* in my personal experience i know that it helps alot in an accident ( mostly that the first thing you will hit is your face and it will be the chin and norse )

... and the list continues if you ask few more riders

so is there any legal thing, something like a petition we can take to the court which will cancel this rule?

PS let me know if theres something i missed regarding the positiveness of this law

thanks,

Oshan Rube

There is no doubt the full face helmets are safer than what our police wants us to wear. And their reasoning is so stupid IMO. Other coutries have better roads, powerful bikes, yet they allow the citizens to wear the full face helmets simply because government's and laws are their to ensure public safety. And those laws established by proper technical and social analysis, not buy uneducated morons like in sri lanka.

so there are the points i have against it

* why is it required to see the face of the driver when you can see the lisence plate (well in the times of war it "might" have been reasonable, still it sounds silly)

* its very usefull to wear a full helmet when your riding long distances ( dust in your face, in case of rain )

* in my personal experience i know that it helps alot in an accident ( mostly that the first thing you will hit is your face and it will be the chin and norse )

... and the list continues if you ask few more riders

so is there any legal thing, something like a petition we can take to the court which will cancel this rule?

PS let me know if theres something i missed regarding the positiveness of this law

thanks,

Oshan Rube

Police wants to impose blanket measures like this regardless of adverse consequences to the public because they do not want to confront criminals individually. Because when they do the political hierarchy gets involved, transfer them and criminals are freed. So can you blame them for taking deterrent measures which to you and me sound bl**dy stupid?

This fu***** government needs more money to maintain their huge cabinet with full of fu***** idiots. Still the government doesn't have any financial plan to earn income from outside. Their only incomes are Taxes and fines from us. And they need more money to run CHOGM also. This is just a begining. More to come soon.

Edited by pontiac_gto

This fu***** government needs more money to maintain their huge cabinet with full of fu***** idiots. Still the government doesn't have any financial plan to earn income from outside. Their only incomes are Taxes and fines from us. And they need more money to run CHOGM also. This is just a begining. More to come soon.

But machang they finished the war no.... what more do we need

Yes machan Thats why I voted 2 times for them... That is a huge thing for a country. But they should think about lower class and middle class peoples. They are showing a nice drama to people. If they will run country like this for next few years we will have to face big economic crisis.

Edited by pontiac_gto
  • Like 1

I think this is a case of changing the pillow to remedy the headache.

Apart from the obvious lack of protection in a crash, if you can't cover your mouth and nose, I'm sure there are a lot of people who will have trouble riding through the exhaust fumes and dust on our roads during rush hour traffic.

Endangering thousands of people who commute on two wheels hardly seems like an answer to the quoted problem. If police can't catch a chain snatcher with his jacket over his number plate today, I don't see how they will manage to do that tomorrow just because he wasn't wearing a full-face.

Yes machan Thats why I voted 2 times for them... That is a huge thing for a country. But they should think about lower class and middle class peoples. They are showing a nice drama to people. If they will run country like this for next few years we will have to face big economic crisis.

pontiac_ gtm,

Your post is perfectly correct, I think they will go on till another ( BALAWEGAYA) comes to this paradise island to out them by force.

No one can be in power to last for generations. History had proved same. Roman empire had to seize their empire.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

full face helmets :D

anyway im not sure if its anything to do with the govenment thought, its more of a action taken by the police smething smething bugger

ok back to the point,

is there anything legal we can do about this to force them to scratch this law? because i think almost any driver agrees that this is a stupid rule

Signed. Fck these stupid monkeys.

First the Doctor pass, now this. Seems to me some monkey has taken over the command of making traffic laws at his whim

Kudu mudalalis and their sons roam with MSD protection, while public is harassed with arbitrary laws conjured by some baboon in a uniform

• Like 1

is there anything legal we can do about this to force them to scratch this law? because i think almost any driver agrees that this is a stupid rule

Someone can file a HR case against the ruling. But then, does the notion of HR exist here?

• Like 1

Well if the rumour is correct back in the '80s crash helmets became mandatory for riders and pillians of motocycles not because anyone gave a rats a$$ about health and safety of public, but because someone connected to a top politico brought down a few container loads of helmets but was finding that there was no local demand for them. Nevertheless the benefits of helmets are endless so whatever the undelying intention was, the law is a good one for the public.

Then during the late '80 civil insurgency full face helmets and tinted visors were banned. There were cops literarly standing at road blocks with hack saws to cut the chin guards off the helmets. If I'm correct helmets altogether were banned for a short period - remember riding the Chaly with wind in hair

So now the full face is a no-no again eh? :rolleyes:

Edited by HardHat

In that case machang i'd say vote for the same 3rd time. Trick is to keep voting them for things to happen.....

In that case machang i'd say vote for the same 3rd time. Trick is to keep voting them for things to happen.....

Now things are happening. More to happen. we can have fun when everyone trying to get CHOGM mercedes. and more and more things in next budget. I'm never vote for them again if they keep doing this kind of jokes.