• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

License Plate Frame And Sticker; Help Please

yasas_bandara

• 4 years later...

I was at the W**th show room in Nawala and they had a display of these number plate frames with various company details stenciled to the footer of the frame (T*y*t* L*n*a, U*it*d M*t*rs etc). When inquired if they also do number plate frames with company details, the lady said they take bulk orders from such vendors.

So I guess if you can get friendly with the person at the showroom, you just might get lucky (in getting a frame :-) ).

• Confused 1

16 hours ago, Insedious said:

I was at the W**th show room in Nawala and they had a display of these number plate frames with various company details stenciled to the footer of the frame (T*y*t* L*n*a, U*it*d M*t*rs etc). When inquired if they also do number plate frames with company details, the lady said they take bulk orders from such vendors.

So I guess if you can get friendly with the person at the showroom, you just might get lucky (in getting a frame :-) ).

You drunk bro?  look at the posting date :P you are replying to a post from 2013.  :P 

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Anuz91 said:

You drunk bro?  look at the posting date :P you are replying to a post from 2013.  :P 

To be honest I didn't look at the time he posted, Just thought I'd respond since I had exact answer he was looking for. Considering these pages get indexed, I guess it would be useful for someone who'd have the same issue one day (and hopefully the place would be still open on that day).. :-)

• 2 months later...
On 3/13/2018 at 5:29 PM, Insedious said:

Hi I need to buy couple of frames myself. Who / What is this showroom in Nawala "W**TH* ? Link or PM name please. 

5 minutes ago, crsh said:

Hi I need to buy couple of frames myself. Who / What is this showroom in Nawala "W**TH* ? Link or PM name please. 

Wurth

• 4 months later...
3 hours ago, Goro said:

I saw various Wurth number plate holders available in their website, which one I should go for a car? 

Some of them allow you to clip the number plate into the holder while others let you firmly attach it to the holder using screws. I personally prefer the latter as there is low risk of the number plate falling off (holders are plastic after all), and because the number plate is not something you'd want to regularly put on and take off (unless you do some illegal activity lol). 

I guess the other variants are due to differences in build quality. Not sure how each of them are compared to one another. The only experience I have are with cheap number plate holders from Darley Road and they were fine. 

• Like 2

On 5/21/2018 at 1:36 PM, crsh said:

For Toyota Lanka & A*W,  you can actually buy them from the respective agents - (others i actually haven't tried) . These are Wurth plates which are custom branded. Prices should be in the range of 1000/- per frame. For Toyota pls note that you would not get the Toyota lettering and logo in red. Thats only for vehicles being sold by them exclusively.

My purchases from Darley road havent been good as Wurth , as within a year i saw the plastic becoming brittle with colour fading. This could be a reason of using low quality resin, masterbatch and even increasing co-polymer to reduce weight and thus cost. Wurth actually have served well and both the holders which i got from TL & A*W were Wurth, which gives a good look. 

Related to this, can anyone tell me currently is it illegal to use number plates that are not issued by the government ? Because before this English numbering system came for the number plates, the era where - and sri plates were not issued by the government. 

On 10/19/2018 at 12:01 PM, GK_007 said:

Related to this, can anyone tell me currently is it illegal to use number plates that are not issued by the government ? Because before this English numbering system came for the number plates, the era where - and sri plates were not issued by the government. 

I was wondering the same. I just don't like yellow color rear number plate, it really destroy the look of my car lol.

On 10/19/2018 at 12:01 PM, GK_007 said:

What is the number series you are concerning about ? Is it a English number ?

4 hours ago, GK_007 said:

Yes, an English number. Is it illegal if we put up the number on our own custom plate ?  

This image from Motor Traffic Act (1951) and I guess it answer your question.  543277048_Screenshotfrom2018-10-2306-16-53.thumb.png.a39aba0c878376127cd5cae25333c8ad.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 10/22/2018 at 12:52 AM, Goro said:

I was wondering the same. I just don't like yellow color rear number plate, it really destroy the look of my car lol.

As per my knowledge there is a rule as  front number plate should be in White and back plate needs to be in Yellow, and the letters needs to be in black.

Correct me if I'm wrong here.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, walkernet said:

As per my knowledge there is a rule as  front number plate should be in White and back plate needs to be in Yellow, and the letters needs to be in black.

Correct me if I'm wrong here.

yes and is a global standard  including in the UK as far as i know...