• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Benz C180,c200 And C250 Diesel 1994 1995

Janakasr

Hi All,

I am new to the Merc B world. I am currently using euro after several vehicle and hoping to go for merc B for my next car.

I would like t know following key points,

1 Buy Diesel or petrol after considering fuel, Spare parts, Built quality and after sales mkt.

2 Auto or Manual

3 What is the highest great and what is meant by W202,W201. Is there any relation with above model.

4 what is the current mkt value for each and ever car.

5 What is the fuel consumption on each.

6 What are specific areas of buying 2nd hand above car (Such as known issues on each model)

Please note that I am not interested on W124 model.

Appreciate your valuable suggestion for my next merce B world.

Cheers.....

Hey Janakasr and my pal Devinda_Z,

Im back here after 6+ months :D

Merc W202 is a lovely vehicle. My 97 C200 Manual has completed well over 200K (yes 200K) and still running strong.

Fuel consumption is 12+Km/l city limits and outstation I have recorded an average 15km/l most of the time. C180 auto does around 10km/l. Nearly all W202s I have seen are in good shape. A wonderful car I should say and thats my daily drive.

Need more info?

MINIACE

• Like 2

Janaka,

what is your budget?

How much running are you planning on doing per month?

How long are you planning on using it for?

Based on these answers you might be able to get a rough idea as to what exactly you need.

Hey Janakasr and my pal Devinda_Z,

Im back here after 6+ months :D

Merc W202 is a lovely vehicle. My 97 C200 Manual has completed well over 200K (yes 200K) and still running strong.

Fuel consumption is 12+Km/l city limits and outstation I have recorded an average 15km/l most of the time. C180 auto does around 10km/l. Nearly all W202s I have seen are in good shape. A wonderful car I should say and thats my daily drive.

Need more info?

MINIACE

Hey there Ace! :)

You're spot on about all of them looking to be in good shape! That for a potential buyer though translates into a higher initial purchase price :(

I'm a little worried about the power factor though - do you reckon i'd miss that mid range kick from the Audi's Turbo :o

You're spot on about all of them looking to be in good shape! That for a potential buyer though translates into a higher initial purchase price :(

I'm a little worried about the power factor though - do you reckon i'd miss that mid range kick from the Audi's Turbo :o

Of course you will Devinda_Z. I didn't want to comment earlier as I didn't to be a pessimist, but to be honest; I don't follow reasoning of giving up the TDI and all that lovely torque.

I'm sure there has got be some logic to your reasoning though. Care to share?

• Like 1

Hi Devinda_Z,

Talking about pulling power...Awesome I should say. C200 got Usain Bolt DNA init.

MINIACE

Hi Devinda_Z,

Talking about pulling power...Awesome I should say. C200 got Usain Bolt DNA init.

MINIACE

I would know, I got rather embarrassed by a 19- C200 the other day. By the time my turbo spooled up, he was long gone... :) No point catching up when you get your rear end handed over to you like that. All I could do was nod in respect when he and I both stopped for traffic... :)

Been toying with the idea of a Merc myself after that day... but my sight is on a W140 S320. In lurrrvvvvv :smilie_liebe9:

• Like 1

Dear Miniace,

I need all the answers for all my questions please appreciate your support

Br

Janaka

1 Buy Diesel or petrol after considering fuel, Spare parts, Built quality and after sales mkt.

Petrol models are low on initial cost. Diesels are expensive. Spares are with D*MO and Avinda in stock. Dont question about Mercedes built quality.

2 Auto or Manual

Im a three pedal fan. Auto if you want extra comfort over fuel consumption and ride.

3 What is the highest great and what is meant by W202,W201. Is there any relation with above model.

Thats Model number. Browse Wiki.

4 what is the current mkt value for each and ever car.

What???

5 What is the fuel consumption on each.

Answered

6 What are specific areas of buying 2nd hand above car (Such as known issues on each model)

Dont worry too much.

Please note that I am not interested on W124 model.

W124s are also good but big in size falls in power.

Guess you are happy with answers.Need more?

MINIACE

I would know, I got rather embarrassed by a 19- C200 the other day. By the time my turbo spooled up, he was long gone... :) No point catching up when you get your rear end handed over to you like that. All I could do was nod in respect when he and I both stopped for traffic... :)

Been toying with the idea of a Merc myself after that day... but my sight is on a W140 S320. In lurrrvvvvv :smilie_liebe9:

that is so true a class mate of mine had gotton one i could get off just by touching it...has real character

Miniace, the C200 you speak of, is it a Diesel, because I don't think I've come across Petrol C200s. I do think the C180 is a little low on power but perhaps the kompressor models are better?

I love the way the C200 Diesels just hug the road. Used to ride a lot in one owned by a friend in Sri Lanka which had an AMG kit on it. His dad still preferred the old W124 though (they had one of each) :)

Miniace, the C200 you speak of, is it a Diesel, because I don't think I've come across Petrol C200s. I do think the C180 is a little low on power but perhaps the kompressor models are better?

I love the way the C200 Diesels just hug the road. Used to ride a lot in one owned by a friend in Sri Lanka which had an AMG kit on it. His dad still preferred the old W124 though (they had one of each) :)

He probably means petrol, there are several around... the 200 diesel wouldn't have pulling power like miniace mentions, its quite slow.

Mine is a Petrol C200. There are plenty here and C200 powered by the M111 engine is the most wanted model. There are very few C200 Kompressors (powered by KM111) here as well. Diesel C200s are rare here in SL.

MINIACE

Of course you will Devinda_Z. I didn't want to comment earlier as I didn't to be a pessimist, but to be honest; I don't follow reasoning of giving up the TDI and all that lovely torque.

I'm sure there has got be some logic to your reasoning though. Care to share?

I've realized that even in the Subaru it would take effort to get past the Audi when covering ground at steady speed - the mid range acceleration on the Audi is shocking, especially when you consider it's a bog spec 1.9 oil burner :o

I reckon it's time for a change & the Missus has become rather enamored with the feel of German build quality so reckon the replacement is going to have to be another Euro ~ if anyone has sugestions of a daily driver Euro for 1.5-2 Mil, i'm all ears :)

I'd love the thought of a nice E34 but worried about how practical it is to run a 20 year old euro daily :(

I've realized that even in the Subaru it would take effort to get past the Audi when covering ground at steady speed - the mid range acceleration on the Audi is shocking, especially when you consider it's a bog spec 1.9 oil burner :o

I reckon it's time for a change & the Missus has become rather enamored with the feel of German build quality so reckon the replacement is going to have to be another Euro ~ if anyone has sugestions of a daily driver Euro for 1.5-2 Mil, i'm all ears :)

I'd love the thought of a nice E34 but worried about how practical it is to run a 20 year old euro daily :(

If the C200 Petrol can actually get 10 or so in the city, that may solve your conundrum don't you think? Diesels cost the earth and the moon but a Petrol C may be a good plan after all.