• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Laptop Prices

thanks man that's great. i'll keep that saved. planning to have one as an entertainment control unit at home. to run on the big screen. to watch blu ray dvd and play games. i'm partial to keyboard controls, so can't really have a PS 3-4 whatever... guess you're right it is a cheaper alternative. and i can plug in and forget for a couple of years. also, do ati/nvidia cards support digital audio out via HDMI or does that port only function as DVI? i don't need a sound card to decode digital audio. got a harman amp sitting out here for that... just need a HDMI or toslink output...

If you want a entertainment centre, check out the ACER net tops. They don't have a built in optical drive, but to be perfectly honest a blue ray player is only about RS 6000!

Toshiba is the only brand where the international warranty is valid in SL. The repair centre is run by John Keels and if you want to confirm this is still the case check out the Toshiba web site and check for the official service centre in Sri Lanka.

Compaq used to have 2 dealerships in SL but last I checked I could not find a reference to either. International warranty will only be honoured if they have an official service centre to carry it into. In the good old days Megadynamics in particular was extremely helpful when it came to issues with Compaqs. This changed when they were bought by HP.

Thanks for the info Don. Also Softlogic hesitate to take up international warrenty although they have a so called authorized service centre for Dell.

If you want a entertainment centre, check out the ACER net tops. They don't have a built in optical drive, but to be perfectly honest a blue ray player is only about RS 6000!

Nettops might have trouble with HD content. I dunno if the latest models are any better, but I have a N280 Atom, and that has slight stuttering issues when playing 1080p. That, and that screen didn't have enough resolution anyway, so I never bothered with high res.

• 2 weeks later...
I was wondering if anyone can recommend a good laptop around 70-75k ,also need to know if they come with windows OS (licenced copy) or need to buy,I prefer an Intel processor

Did you buy the laptop? Share the specs with us if you bought it.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Nirosha" data-cid="249719" data-time="1382089286"><p>

<br />

<br />

<br />

<br />

<br />

I don't think it is too high price since Komi has bought it with the OS and 4 GB RAM. And I guess i3 is 3rd gen. And its a DV6. Only thing is the smaller HDD.<br />

I bought an Acer Extensa Core 2 Duo, 2 GB RAM (800 MHz), 320 GB HDD, 768 MB VRAM (Generic) for Rs. 79000/- 4 years back.</p></blockquote>

This was off eBay and 12,000 for shipping/taxes

Also, am on the lookout for a high end gaming machine. Any recommendations guys? 2 gig branded card, 8+ gig ram and an SSd to run the os is a must. Can't afford Alienware.

Dr. Komi, I've PM you an offer for gaming pc and an Aleanware. But both you have to bring down here.