• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Fiat Punto 2007/2008

ajnluv69

Question

Hi everyone.. I'm planning to buy a used Fiat Punto 2007/2008 petrol tiptronic car. Despite that there is no second-hand value I just want to know the maintenance cost and any other issues.. Got to know that this is good on fuel and more comfortable than a Japanese vehicle. One person told me that there is a gearbox issue with tiptronic gearbox. Pls enlighten me with this issue. Thanx everyone.. :-)

• Like 1

Hey,

There's quite a number of places you can go to other than the above place.

1. Whexls Lanka (Former Euro Motors)

2. ITxC

3. Nxxt Gear

I pmd you some numbers. Please check with them.

Cheers,

NeroX

20 minutes ago, gunemalli said:

Hey,

I called the buggers today and they said they're not taking in any vehicles at teh moment due to some constructions/stock issues. Do you know a place where I can get parts for engine/gearbox mounts as it's pretty bad to derive at the moment and needs to be replaced ASAP.

Regards

Check your PM

1 minute ago, NeroX said:

Hey,

2. ITxC

3. Nxxt Gear

Cheers,

NeroX

Don't forget Noel 077 317 5935

8 minutes ago, NeroX said:

Hey,

2. ITxC

3. Nxxt Gear

Cheers,

NeroX

7 minutes ago, Crosswind said:

Check your PM

Thanks guys. Really appreciate the support here.

How is ITMC and their services? I need some cosmetic issues done over for a Punto Grande 2008.

• Replace rear wiper arm/blade
  • Driver side mirror cracked
  • Blue & Me not working
  • Rear power shutters are not working
  • Alloy wheel center caps are misplaced
Edited by jwenn

22 hours ago, jwenn said:

How is ITMC and their services? I need some cosmetic issues done over for a Punto Grande 2008.

• Blue & Me not working

Replace rear wiper arm/blade - Do you know how to hold a spanner? If so, you can do it yourself. If not, find a kid from your neighbourhood who will do it for you. If you have deep pockets, go to ITMC.. or better... I'll do it for you for a few thousand bucks (which will be still lower than what ITMC would charge :D)

Driver side mirror cracked - mirror or the plastic that covers the mirror? If its the plastic, either you have to replace it or get it repaired from a fibre glass joint. If its the mirror, you can get it done from any shop that sells car mirrors. ITMC can do sod all about it...

Blue & Me not working - no one can make it work if it didn't work originally. Apparently the license for Blue and Me is quite expensive. Again, if you don't have deep pockets, forget it...

Rear power shutters are not working - any shop that repairs power shutters can do this. Try Rexton Motors next to Fire Brigade off Darley Road

Alloy wheel center caps are misplaced - eBay is your only option for this.

You can get most of these done if you spend a day in Darley Road (except Blue and Me). Even if you take the car to ITMC, they will probably need to take it to a place like Darley Road to get them fixed. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Crosswind said:

Replace rear wiper arm/blade - Do you know how to hold a spanner? If so, you can do it yourself. If not, find a kid from your neighbourhood who will do it for you. If you have deep pockets, go to ITMC.. or better... I'll do it for you for a few thousand bucks (which will be still lower than what ITMC would charge :D)

Driver side mirror cracked - mirror or the plastic that covers the mirror? If its the plastic, either you have to replace it or get it repaired from a fibre glass joint. If its the mirror, you can get it done from any shop that sells car mirrors. ITMC can do sod all about it...

Blue & Me not working - no one can make it work if it didn't work originally. Apparently the license for Blue and Me is quite expensive. Again, if you don't have deep pockets, forget it...

Rear power shutters are not working - any shop that repairs power shutters can do this. Try Rexton Motors next to Fire Brigade off Darley Road

Alloy wheel center caps are misplaced - eBay is your only option for this.

You can get most of these done if you spend a day in Darley Road (except Blue and Me). Even if you take the car to ITMC, they will probably need to take it to a place like Darley Road to get them fixed. 

:D LOL I know how to hold a spanner. in Darley Road can I finds the spares for wiper arm/blade, side mirror (only the mirror is cracked) and power shutter switches/motors?

Going to order center caps from eBay

I mentioned ITMC because the previous owner has done all maintenance/services from ITMC

Edited by jwenn

1 hour ago, jwenn said:

:D LOL I know how to hold a spanner. in Darley Road can I finds the spares for wiper arm/blade, side mirror (only the mirror is cracked) and power shutter switches/motors?

Going to order center caps from eBay

I mentioned ITMC because the previous owner has done all maintenance/services from ITMC

The question is why do you want to replace the wiper arm? is it broken? corroded? If its broken, try ebay or aliexpress to get a replacement arm. ITMC stocking this part is doubtful.

You mentioned that the power shutter is not working. Isn't it a bit premature to decide whether the motor or the switch. It could be just a damaged wire. In any case, you don't need genuine Fiat power shutter motors. There are plenty that will fit.

Janatha Motors/Nelum Motors in Panchikawatte carry spares for Fiats btw.

48 minutes ago, Crosswind said:

The question is why do you want to replace the wiper arm? is it broken? corroded? If its broken, try ebay or aliexpress to get a replacement arm. ITMC stocking this part is doubtful.

You mentioned that the power shutter is not working. Isn't it a bit premature to decide whether the motor or the switch. It could be just a damaged wire. In any case, you don't need genuine Fiat power shutter motors. There are plenty that will fit.

Janatha Motors/Nelum Motors in Panchikawatte carry spares for Fiats btw.

Rear wiper/arm was stolen along with the alloy center caps :( tried eBay for arm/blade but couldn't find the exact match. Will try Aliexpress.

I heard the motor is whining when switching the power shutter.

I'll check the above places in Panchikawatte. Thanks for the info.

1 hour ago, jwenn said:

Rear wiper/arm was stolen along with the alloy center caps :( tried eBay for arm/blade but couldn't find the exact match. Will try Aliexpress.

I heard the motor is whining when switching the power shutter.

I'll check the above places in Panchikawatte. Thanks for the info.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FIAT-GRAND-PUNTO-REAR-WIPER-ARM-2006-ONWARDS-/282408050276?hash=item41c0d4de64:g:O3gAAOSwSlBY1UXB

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Windscreen-wiper-arm-rear-FIAT-PUNTO-III-GRANDE-Punto-Gasoline-R-2790272-/172669177515?hash=item2833e28eab:g:af8AAOSwPhdU8FN8

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/REAR-WIPER-ARM-BLADE-FIAT-GRANDE-PUNTO-1-4-2006-/152166066127?hash=item236dcde7cf:g:fJoAAOSwRJ9Xhk9l

Write to these sellers and ask if they can ship to SL.

BTW guys my mileage on the dashboard is keep flashing. Is this normal in Puntos?

Internet says it can be fixed doing a proxy aliment (I donno what the heck that is). Any good place to get it done?

Edited by jwenn

On 6/17/2017 at 7:02 AM, jwenn said:

BTW guys my mileage on the dashboard is keep flashing. Is this normal in Puntos?

Internet says it can be fixed doing a proxy aliment (I donno what the heck that is). Any good place to get it done?

Any fiat mech can do that. Not a difficult task.

On 17/06/2017 at 7:02 AM, jwenn said:

You need a genuine fiat scanner or working version of multiecuscan with a modded ELM scanner interface. If you have either you can do it yourself or as crosswind has mentioned go to any fiat mech.

Cheers!

On 13/06/2017 at 0:16 PM, jwenn said:

• Blue & Me not working

The puntos power shutters are prone to failure. I've repaired 3 out of 4 in mine. There are two types of power shutters one with the remote open/safety release option or the normal one. To check which one you jave just press n hold the door unlock button on ur remote to see if the shutters come down like in a vezel. You got all parts u need on ebay. Just search n get the right part down. If you can hear the motor whirring its most probably the plastic latch broken or the wire. Both wont cost you much to get down. If you knw a good lathe you can actually get it done here.

The blue & me can be fixed sometimes. mine didnt work. But after a proxy alignment & installing the language files it started working again. Quite nice to have. A bit of a bother though with everything being done over voice commands. But good to have bkuetooth working & usb playback

Hi every one, I have read this and other posts on Punto's, actually have done a test drive with one of the cars. Very keen on buying a one.

I need help from you guys as I have no idea about people whom can get advice or do the repairs done. Since few of you are not happy with Indika, tried Noels number which was not working, someone from Rajigiriya answered the call on 0773 number. 

Can you guys help me with few places to do the repairs done.

Thanking in advance.

11 minutes ago, Iroshana Cooray said:

Hi every one, I have read this and other posts on Punto's, actually have done a test drive with one of the cars. Very keen on buying a one.

I need help from you guys as I have no idea about people whom can get advice or do the repairs done. Since few of you are not happy with Indika, tried Noels number which was not working, someone from Rajigiriya answered the call on 0773 number. 

Can you guys help me with few places to do the repairs done.

Thanking in advance.

IMHO the best place for repairs is LOLC Motors. Their prices are reasonable and even though they may not have all the parts needed, they at least tells you where to get the parts or where they source the parts.

I've tried both the guys mentioned above when I needed to get a replacement key programmed and one asked for 25k, when the key programmer only wanted 12k.

There are few things you need, the Fiat Repair manual (eLearn) and the parts catalog (ePER). If you have both of these you can do most repairs on your own and source the parts.

The best place to source parts from overseas is shop4parts (.co.uk to the end.). Extremely cheap and realiable. Ships to SL. A well known place in Rajagiriya wanted me to shell out 25k for a used radiator fan when I can get a brand new full fan assembly for about 20-22k + shipping.

Make sure you get an ELM327 + Adapter cable set so that you can do the diagnostics yourself (Software: MultiECUScan and AlfaODB). And you would also need to have Torx socket set handy as a lot of repair shops don't have the necessary tools to remove nuts and bolts.

You can ask anything here and there's a ton of friendly people here who can help you :)

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, gunemalli said:

IMHO the best place for repairs is LOLC Motors. Their prices are reasonable and even though they may not have all the parts needed, they at least tells you where to get the parts or where they source the parts.

Ok now this is the part i'm not sure about. LOLC motors deal with Indian Fiats not the original ones. Fiat actually does not have an assembly or a manufacturing plant in India. They share the facility and parts with Tata. Indian Fiats are actually Tata Indicas underneath with Fiat clothes on top. There's a significant difference in the mechanicals of the two cars.