• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Fiat Punto 2007/2008

ajnluv69

Question

Hi everyone.. I'm planning to buy a used Fiat Punto 2007/2008 petrol tiptronic car. Despite that there is no second-hand value I just want to know the maintenance cost and any other issues.. Got to know that this is good on fuel and more comfortable than a Japanese vehicle. One person told me that there is a gearbox issue with tiptronic gearbox. Pls enlighten me with this issue. Thanx everyone.. :-)

• Like 1

Hi guys . so i have been looking at quite a lot of puntos and came across one which was in pretty good condition . everything seems to work properly and its seems the owner maintained it quite well . however the owner mentioned that he has replaced the AC compressor with a japanese compressor .

although the AC is working fine there seems to be no sound of the AC engaging i would like to know if this replacement would affect the car in the long run .

If i was to change the compressor to an original one . how much would the Original compressor be ?

Hi guys . so i have been looking at quite a lot of puntos and came across one which was in pretty good condition . everything seems to work properly and its seems the owner maintained it quite well . however the owner mentioned that he has replaced the AC compressor with a japanese compressor .

although the AC is working fine there seems to be no sound of the AC engaging i would like to know if this replacement would affect the car in the long run .

If i was to change the compressor to an original one . how much would the Original compressor be ?

Is that a manual car?

Anyway don't worry about the A/C compressor. unless they have messed up the wiring it shouldn't be an issue. Get the car checked from Euro Motors service centre.

Hi Guys,

I am looking for another Grande Punto for my wife. Please PM me if you come across a well maintained one. I am going through the ones which are advertised on AL and Ik##n

Thanks.

Edited by Harry (aq)

Guys, can anyone recommend me a place where I can get the Blue & me device in my Punto checked or replace. Recently I got all four speakers replaced from Advance but they are clueless about this device. Also appreciate If anyone can PM me Noel's number .

I'm in the process of restoring back my GP to it's original glory!. It has just come out from few major repairs.Only the Blue & me system is pending.

I actually don't know a place. But it's available on eBay. Most of them are used ones. There is a serial number which should match.

It will cost between 15 grand to 25 grand. Mine was replaced but not functioning properly

When you say it's not functioning properly is it because it is not compatible with some phones or working with reduced functionality or not working at all? Still I think mine is not working due to some communication problem between the unit and the ECU. It's hard to believe that the electronics inside has fried given the age and usage of the car. A decent electronic guy or even a IT guy might be able to troubleshoot it but the problem is in these days nobody wants to go through all the trouble. Anyways I have not given up on this. Only a matter of finding the right guy for the job.

Edited by rover
  • Like 1

Hi All,

Planning to buy a Grande Panto. Checked two cars, a 2006 and a 2007. Both mileage shows around 56000? Can it be real?

Thanks

yeah could be possible... if the car is not a daily runner or runs a short distance... i know a guy who owns a shop in close range to his home he owned an IST for over 11 years that had done less than 100,000 KM since he drives daily but a very short distance but due to him parking in the direct sunlight cars interior etc had detiorated so it's really tough to believe the car had run less than 100,000 ... no one believed the milage when he tried to sell it .

Hi All,

Planning to buy a Grande Panto. Checked two cars, a 2006 and a 2007. Both mileage shows around 56000? Can it be real?

Thanks

Check with the records from where it has been maintained. There are not too many places. Mine was also around the same milage when I bought it. Although it was a 2007 yom first registration was in 2009. And all puntos were imported brand new. Edited by rover

Hi All,

Thanks a lot for your prompt reply. I've checked a few and settled with one punto which is a 2007 one. Mileage is around 80k and last price is 18.5m. This is my first car and after the investment I have hardly any money if I had to do a major repair. Went on a trial and the drive was okay. But I am a bit scared to buy it because I hardly know about Italians.

Checked with Indika and he said the maintenance cost is high compared to other cars. Checked the service records and as per the owner the last few services were done by a mechanic they know and that guy came to their place to do the services.

Need expert opinion for me to make a decision. My max investment is around 2m. This is my first car and that why I am so concerned

Thanks

• Like 1

Hi All,

Thanks a lot for your prompt reply. I've checked a few and settled with one punto which is a 2007 one. Mileage is around 80k and last price is 18.5m. This is my first car and after the investment I have hardly any money if I had to do a major repair. Went on a trial and the drive was okay. But I am a bit scared to buy it because I hardly know about Italians.

Checked with Indika and he said the maintenance cost is high compared to other cars. Checked the service records and as per the owner the last few services were done by a mechanic they know and that guy came to their place to do the services.

Need expert opinion for me to make a decision. My max investment is around 2m. This is my first car and that why I am so concerned

Thanks

If you are planning to buy it my advice is to keep aside around 100k for any repairs. I spent almost 300k during the first year of ownership because I want everything to be in perfect condition. Although I could have run it without spending that much. But thats me.

Get the important issues sorted out first and then use the car for some time and then you can get other things fixed later.

The previous owner of my car had ruined it because it was his first car and he just bought it just because it was cheaper in the market and finally he could not afford the repairs and so he made some short cuts and ruined a nice car.

Edited by rover

Yup.. True enough.. I spent more than 400k on this. The milage was 65000 now it's 100000. Did some major repairs. But still worth it. Coz it's such a nice car. Most of these cars are not properly maintained. After that the repair cost is high. Better to check the history of the car by anyone who maintained it.

Hi All,

Thanks

First of all, the money spent on a car won't be an investment (SL is a strange country though :)). For the highlighted reason, I advise you to go for a simple newer car. It's not impossible to own a Punto as your first car. But without money to properly maintain it, you won't be able to enjoy such a nice car.

First of all, the money spent on a car won't be an investment (SL is a strange country though :)). For the highlighted reason, I advise you to go for a simple newer car. It's not impossible to own a Punto as your first car. But without money to properly maintain it, you won't be able to enjoy such a nice car.

Exactly how many Puntos have you owned?

• Like 1