• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

A Good Printer Which Is Cheap

rameez

gUYS,

I am thinking of getting a printer epson me-110 with the CISS unit. i am a bit confused if i should go with this or a laser printer basic one.

I might be printing about 300+ pages per month.

The epson is modified to work with a CISS unit and can print color...while the laser can print only black and white.

any ideas about this or am i missing other products

It depends, if you need only black and white prints I think the laser will be better. I dont know the price of your epson printer, but generally speaking, the price of a basic laser printer is higher than a basic inkjet. So the initial cost will be higher for a laser printer. Laser toners can be refilled with toner or you can buy a compatible one for half the price of a original. Compatible ones are supposed to be refurbished toners with new drum and toner etc. but print quality will be lower than of a original. If you are going for a laser I can recommend the HP P1102.

CISS is also very economical but they tend to give trouble like cartridge not recognized, air bubbles stuck in the tubes etc. but these can be fixed easily. I dont know if these CISS kits are good for the printer, but buying genuine ink is very expensive because when you buy 2-3 genuine cartridges you have already spent the money for a new printer!

Edited by Reckless

have you got any experience with a CISS.....like how is the print quality....and can we really print like they claim

the price of the laser is 15,500 but can pay with easy payment scheme from metropolitan.there are compatible toner with around 2000 bucks...and they claim that you can print around 1500 copies per cycle

the epson ME10 is 11900 with CISS units

this CISS has 4 tanks and we need to fill it when the empty accordinly with 500 each bottle.

Edited by rameez

As far as I know 1500 pages are with 5% coverage. I could never get even 750 with any toner cartridge. You can get a HP P1102 for around 12,000 from unity.

I have a CISS kit fitted into my Epson T13. Black colour seems to be a little low quality probably since I used a chepo 100ml rs.300 bottle. Otherwise nothing to complain.

i am a bit surprised that you get only 750 with the toner....is this with the maximum quality you have....as far as i know there are fellows who get about 2000+ from a toner at times.

this HP1102 is it having duplex printing machang....and how are the toners in the market are there compatible ones.

the problem with the Canon LBP6000 is that there are no compatible ones in the market much

I use Canon LBP 3050. Price was Rs. 15,000/-. Cartridge Rs. 6500/- for original. But for refill it cost only Rs. 1500/-. Was able to print nearly 1000 per cartridge (normal quality). But Lexmark e260dn is very good printer with full duplex and its a heavy duty machine.

who are the agents for lexmark.....and this model is it available now.....??

most of this models come and go quickly , what was the cost of it.

We bought it from E-Wis (Head Office: 0112496000) in 2012 for Rs. 18000 (E260D) for our office. I just checked with my office friend who handle the job. Unfortunately the model is not available now. But I think you may be able to find it in Unity Plaza like place (price may be little higher).

* I highly discourage buying equipment from Unity Plaza unless you have a friend or a relation work in there.

i am a bit surprised that you get only 750 with the toner....is this with the maximum quality you have....as far as i know there are fellows who get about 2000+ from a toner at times.

this HP1102 is it having duplex printing machang....and how are the toners in the market are there compatible ones.

the problem with the Canon LBP6000 is that there are no compatible ones in the market much

Most of the time we print graphics and stuff that uses more toner, probably 1000-1500 is possible with only letters. most of the time we replace or refill when it shows signs of low quality.

The 1102 is a very basic laser printer, it doesnt have duplex or network capabilities. I think there are loads of places that sell compatible toners for this model. But quality may vary.

just called debug and they say that they have a new printer that has an inbuilt CISS Unit which is around 25000+

but i will need to wait till the next shipment comes as the demand is quite high for this one.......they also have the same one with all in one option....printer ,fax, scan and copy.

but i think it is a bit too much for me

machan do you actually need color prints? if not dont you think a black and white laser will be enough.

if that printer has a inbuilt ciss unit I think it will probably be more reliable than the ciss kits we install seperatly.

I too think better to go to a normal laser printer. If you want to get a color print occasionally you can get it done from out side. For a color print it would be around Rs. 150/- per page (before an year at salaka, townhall).

I use Canon LBP 3050. Price was Rs. 15,000/-. Cartridge Rs. 6500/- for original. But for refill it cost only Rs. 1500/-. Was able to print nearly 1000 per cartridge (normal quality). But Lexmark e260dn is very good printer with full duplex and its a heavy duty machine.

Didnt you habe any issue using refil cartridgees i know some case when they dont work and in case when it spolit the printer head for good

Actually I refilled only two or three times. No issue. The drum is built in the cartridge. Therefore no damage to the printer.

And office mate is refilling E260D toner himself. He uses toner from a damaged photocopy cartridge :sad-smiley-058: . No issue at all :speechless-smiley-004:.

Actually I refilled only two or three times. No issue. The drum is built in the cartridge. Therefore no damage to the printer.

And office mate is refilling E260D toner himself. He uses toner from a damaged photocopy cartridge :sad-smiley-058: . No issue at all :speechless-smiley-004:.

Refilling works only for 2-3 times then you will need to replace the drum in the cartridge.

Refilling a toner cartridge is a bit of a messy job isnt it machan? I've never seen how they refill a cartridge but I can picture it.

Refilling works only for 2-3 times then you will need to replace the drum in the cartridge.

Refilling a toner cartridge is a bit of a messy job isnt it machan? I've never seen how they refill a cartridge but I can picture it.

Yes. It was a totally mess. It was not easy to pour into the small hole. Toner dust all over. But I think using refill kit it would be more easy.

Out of curiosity, how much would a color laser be? My brother had one at home. Lost it in the divorce sadly
Yeah last time I checked a basic one was around 35k

I've heard some of these toner cartridges comes with a chip. After the chips counter reaches a certain limit, you will have to replace the chip in order to refill.

Yup. 30+ for a basic one.

True. In E260D toner it has to be replaced the chip too. Just pasted the chip to the cartridge.

Yes. It was a totally mess. It was not easy to pour into the small hole. Toner dust all over. But I think using refill kit it would be more easy.

Yup. 30+ for a basic one.

True. In E260D toner it has to be replaced the chip too. Just pasted the chip to the cartridge.

machan where do you get these new chips from?

machan where do you get these new chips from?

It wasn't new chips and my office mate did the trick. He had a lot of old cartridges.

There are new chips in ebay. But too expensive. Best way to go is check cartridge refilling joints and second hand printer selling places.

• 2 weeks later...