• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota Aqua Recomended Engine Oil Type

dushyanthap

Question

11 answers to this question

If Owner's Manual says '0W 20', use it. It's a low viscosity engine oil good to minimize the starting friction and to increase fuel efficiency. I'm using Toyota 0W 20 oil for my Fit. No Worries, but make sure to change at intervals of 5000km or 3 months. Because it is a mineral oil!

If Owner's Manual says '0W 20', use it. It's a low viscosity engine oil good to minimize the starting friction and to increase fuel efficiency. I'm using Toyota 0W 20 oil for my Fit. No Worries, but make sure to change at intervals of 5000km or 3 months. Because it is a mineral oil!

Yes, you have to change it at 5000Km, else you will fill real decrease in engine performance. Haven't observed it even with 8000KMs of mobil fully synthetic oils.

Yes, you have to change it at 5000Km, else you will fill real decrease in engine performance. Haven't observed it even with 8000KMs of mobil fully synthetic oils.

Haven't or have? I assume you mean HAVE? If so that's weird, for I thought you could run synthetic oils for about 15,000km without issues?

These are general rules for oils.

For mineral or semi synthetic oils you have to change oil in 5000km time.or 6 months.

If fully synthetic oil . Run it for 10000 km or 1 year max.

Considering the fuel quality environmetal temperature . Humidity and dust it not always possible to folllow manufacture adviced high changing intervals.

And simply i am not quite sure how this mineral oils can cope up with such extreme viscosity margins.

If its me.

I will use mobil or castrol or motul or bp or shell FULLY SYNTHETIC oil.

Just omit toyota mineral oils.

Change the oil with filter in 10000 kms.

The beauty of synthetic oil is it keeps its specifications on large bandwith of condittions.while mineral oils do fail here.

Haven't or have? I assume you mean HAVE? If so that's weird, for I thought you could run synthetic oils for about 15,000km without issues?

Haven't observe any performance drop with fully synthetic even after 8000Kms and it was after running more than 8 months.

If your car is not running more than 5000Kms in 6 months, better use normal oils. Else it;s a waste of money.

Why I use 5000KM change interval is it get your car been serviced at regular intervals than servicing it at 10,000Kms.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="dpbatagoda" data-cid="249355" data-time="1381551681"><p>

Haven't observe any performance drop with fully synthetic even after 8000Kms and it was after running more than 8 months. <br />

<br />

If your car is not running more than 5000Kms in 6 months, better use normal oils. Else it;s a waste of money.<br />

Why I use 5000KM change interval is it get your car been serviced at regular intervals than servicing it at 10,000Kms.</p></blockquote>

Thats a miaconception our makabasas have.

Viscosity fluctuations are way beyond in mineral oils if you compare synthetic.

Synthetic oils hold its specifications in longer durations.when you run the car daily the oil is subjected to warm and cool when you start and stop. This temperature change denatures the oil.thats why manufacturers advice to more frequently change oil in vehicles with frequent running and stop.

Synthetics bear this up well .hence you use oils for longer duration.with minimum impact to internals.

Modern vehicles need almost no service at 5000kms unless you use mineral oils.removing and refixing the wheels.applying grease underbody or apply kerosene oil to body panels are being done at so called regular service.which are useless.

Edited by chan5

Haven't observe any performance drop with fully synthetic even after 8000Kms and it was after running more than 8 months.

If your car is not running more than 5000Kms in 6 months, better use normal oils. Else it;s a waste of money.

Why I use 5000KM change interval is it get your car been serviced at regular intervals than servicing it at 10,000Kms.

Well what you are partially right, but those guidelines don't always work for everyone. In my case, I prefer to use synthetic oil on the car that doesn't get much use. For that way, I only have to change oil once a year on that car and not have to worry about oil degeneration etc. plus it works out to be cheaper in the long run.

I guess it depends on individual circumstances. Like most things in this situation there isn't one right answer that covers every scenario.

Edited by Kavvz

Where do you get 0W-20 in Sri Lanka? I was looking for many places this was not available until last month. However, TLanka is now bringing down this oil and fills up upon customer request. Otherwise they use 10W-30

Where do you get 0W-20 in Sri Lanka? I was looking for many places this was not available until last month. However, TLanka is now bringing down this oil and fills up upon customer request. Otherwise they use 10W-30

Well I contacted one of the salesperson appeared in their website and he passed the dealer's detail.

Modern vehicles need almost no service at 5000kms unless you use mineral oils.removing and refixing the wheels.applying grease underbody or apply kerosene oil to body panels are being done at so called regular service.which are useless.

If you are referring to tier rotation, i do believe it should be part of routine maintenance. What do you guys think about regularly servicing the breaks? i.e. clean break dust and lubricate slider pins etc.