• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Samsung Galaxy S3 - Piece Of Shit

fiat fan

On the subject of NFC, Does it work cross brand? I tried NFC on my Lumia with a Xperia and another LG with no results.

i tried on my Xperia S with Galaxy S4 and Nexus. i guess it doesnt work cross brand

NFC didn't work cos the aftermarket one didn't come with the chip. Didn't use it long enough to realise any impact on GPS though. It doesn't heat up under normal use. Unless you're running a heavy game or something. But this back door caused heat just on stand by.

Can't we think like this. The metal back door working like a heat sink.! Right?

Hi all.thanx for the replies.. I bought the s3 instead of the s4 bcos I wanted fm radio. I use it everyday. I got it from a reputed dealer. Yes reputed guys cheat,but when I went to buy the phone so many other people were also buying phones. I checked the pic shiffer posted.everything was like in the real phone. Can u post a pic of a s3? The pic u posted is a s4... I think the main reason for damage is the rubber cover... yes Im a die hard android fan... The only Apple product il ever buy is an ipod(already have 3.all 3 are still in super condition after very brutal usage)..

Did you try Samsung Kies. Using this you can update the os and also can check for the fake phone (using IMEI). The phone may not be a fake one since you have bought from a reputed place.

Also there are two types of samsung phones these days. Phones made for Korea and International. Both are original but the Korean ones are looks cheap and the price is cheap. Can see locally lot of these. But I guess your phone is international one as your info.

S III

1zf7vy9.jpg

17g1ec.jpg

On the subject of NFC, Does it work cross brand? I tried NFC on my Lumia with a Xperia and another LG with no results.

soon as i got mine s3 i tried it with a note 2 to check if the NFC is functioning, it worked like a charm never thought about checking it across platforms will prob give it a go

Hi. I added the about phone pic.. yes the s3 has radio. The s4 doesnt. Thats why I got the s3 even though it was a generation old..I never use nfc bcos almost everybody doesnt have it. Even if they do have it nobody uses it...

I use it all the time :) Not for file transfers tho. I use the smart tags.

soon as i got mine s3 i tried it with a note 2 to check if the NFC is functioning, it worked like a charm never thought about checking it across platforms will prob give it a go

Samsung has issues like that, they tend to use that S-Beam software rather than Android beam. A friend of mine tried a helluva lot to link up his Galaxy Tab 10 inch with his Nexus 4. Don't think he got it working right. He prefers WiFi direct for file transfer now.

It does. I have sent files from my S3 to a friends Xperia L.

Explain how you sent it

Yes this is the one but mine has black plastic backing instead of white.

They have not mentioned anything about overheating. I think the whole heat thing with Samsung phones is because of their thin body

Explain how you sent it

They have not mentioned anything about overheating. I think the whole heat thing with Samsung phones is because of their thin body

Same as how you send a file to any other phone using NFC.just touched. Didn't do anything different

Edited by kalana

Hi,

Will have to disagree,

I use a S3, dropped many times each day,

but no peeling off and no scratches, I hv a screen guard, and no case.

Did you buy an original ( the price 65k in April is too low, what was the county of origin)

Fro where did you buy, you can go to the agent and find out first the authenticity of the unit before anything..]

Reckless there are few videos up on you tube about the differences in real vs fake S3 check it out i did it before i got mine back in june. I think most likely the fake will not have nfc on it the battery maybe wrong and the imei number will give it away as well as the OS if it shows its a rooted OS.

Thanks but now I feel like going for a Sony or a HTC, because I also use my phones roughly.

Did you try Samsung Kies. Using this you can update the os and also can check for the fake phone (using IMEI). The phone may not be a fake one since you have bought from a reputed place.

Also there are two types of samsung phones these days. Phones made for Korea and International. Both are original but the Korean ones are looks cheap and the price is cheap. Can see locally lot of these. But I guess your phone is international one as your info.

S III

1zf7vy9.jpg

17g1ec.jpg

I thought, this "Made in Korea" phone is a fake product. I can't believe a reputed company produces inferior quality product for the Domestic Market!!!

Moreover, I would rather expect Korean language on the phone specifications sticker rather than English.

Edited by udayap

I thought, this "Made in Korea" phone is a fake product. I can't believe a reputed company produces inferior quality product for the Domestic Market!!!

Moreover, I would rather expect Korean language on the phone specifications sticker rather than English.

Lots of guys hv got this wrong. Samsung's version for the Korean market (SHV-E210K/L/S in the case of S3), is one of the best versions for any phone model they produce. The 'domestic' model retains the best processor, RAM and radio (LTE) and other features compared to the international version 9300/9305 and the US versions. There's no real benchmark difference between SHV and 9305 versions though.

I don't know whether they sell it really cheap domestically though but I know that many of the clones of SIII are off the SHV aka the korean version.

Edited by vishkid

Lots of guys hv got this wrong. Samsung's version for the Korean market (SHV-E210K/L/S in the case of S3), is one of the best versions for any phone model they produce. The 'domestic' model retains the best processor, RAM and radio (LTE) and other features compared to the international version 9300/9305 and the US versions. There's no real benchmark difference between SHV and 9305 versions though.

I don't know whether they sell it really cheap domestically though but I know that many of the clones of SIII are off the SHV aka the korean version.

spot on vishkid. Most of the fake S3s are selling as korean S3 and they are cheap. One guy told me that, you should have bought a korean s3 as it has a tv tuner!. Then I told him that genuine one is never came with a tv tuner and stupid aerial, he almost collapsed ! (He already asked to buy 2 phones from Korea via his friend).

As far as I know, the 'korean version' and 'international version' are utter rubbish created by the phone vendors in sri lanka to peddle off cheap/fake items.

Samsung products made for Korean market are the best... by far!

Most of the fakes in the market have 'Made in Korea' printed on them. They are fake. Nothing more. That doesn't mean 'Made in Vietnam' ones are 100% genuine.

If you get hold of a genuine Made in Korea Samsung product, buy it. Don't think twice.

Another reason you should buy Apple

See, It is the most favored brand of smart phones on planet Earth right now...

Source: http://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2013/10/apple-has-10-percent-of-all-corporate-cash-and-more-profits-than-the-three-other-biggest-brands-combined/280197/

LOL...oh look an iRetard is here! :P

• Like 4

Another reason you should buy Apple

See, It is the most favored brand of smart phones on planet Earth right now...

Screen%20Shot%202013-10-02%20at%2012.07.

Source: http://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2013/10/apple-has-10-percent-of-all-corporate-cash-and-more-profits-than-the-three-other-biggest-brands-combined/280197/

So let me get this straight....

U r probably making $1000 a month

you are trying to promote a company that earns a billion dollars a month

and u do it for free

how brilliant!

• Like 3

Exactly! I came across a Korean SIII which LTE and quad core processors. Phones made for other regions were either only quad core+3G or Dual Core+ 4G

and its not only Korean and International version. theres more such as Docomo, AT&T, Sprint etc. There are around two three type of Korean model and i guess there are Korean modles without antenna as well