• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Samsung Galaxy S3 - Piece Of Shit

fiat fan

Buying a phone will have to wait bcos I am out of cash at the moment... If the Galaxy s5 is built stronger I might go for it.despite the cons I am fond of galaxy s range.

to tell you the truth i use a sony sl and a arc s now.

but i still preffer my old galaxy s2 n s3

sony seems to be a bit more reliable than them but for a lazy arse like me the touchWiz interface of samsung is just more livable

You've got a 3330? That was the only upgrade I was considering last year!

Yup my dad bought one from Dubai in 2001, that was a brilliant phone, but with only few features than 3310 if I can remember correct. Some I can remember is animated screen savers and some additional games :D

Yup my dad bought one from Dubai in 2001, that was a brilliant phone, but with only few features than 3310 if I can remember correct. Some I can remember is animated screen savers and some additional games :D

Nop . 3330 is the wap version of 3310. It's biggest difference is the internet browsing ability at about 1 bit per hour speed.

See... crosswind knows something about phones :-)

Nop . 3330 is the wap version of 3310. It's biggest difference is the internet browsing ability at about 1 bit per hour speed.

See... crosswind knows something about phones :-)

heh probably it did, but back then we didnt even noticed too busy playing games and looking at screen savers I guess! :D

Even land rover has a tough as nails phone. Dunno whether the local agent sells that accessory

Buying the LR phone cos the Galaxy peeled it's skin is like bringing a Bazooka to a knife fight :D

BTW yeah I forgot about the Sony waterproof one (I forgot the name). That's a pretty cool phone as well.

Buying the LR phone cos the Galaxy peeled it's skin is like bringing a Bazooka to a knife fight :D

BTW yeah I forgot about the Sony waterproof one (I forgot the name). That's a pretty cool phone as well.

Actually Sony has 3 waterproof phones now, the Xperia Z, Z Ultra and the latest Z1, although the Z ultra is not really a phone but a phablet (too big to call it a phone!)

Thanks Schiffer. Im going to buy a S3 this month, will make sure to check those plus the weight.

Reckless there are few videos up on you tube about the differences in real vs fake S3 check it out i did it before i got mine back in june. I think most likely the fake will not have nfc on it the battery maybe wrong and the imei number will give it away as well as the OS if it shows its a rooted OS.

Is it just me, or did Sony blow the Xperia range way too much? I coudn't keep up with the line-up :/

And you think the Galaxy lineup is any smaller? They have 2 Android cameras using that name too! The S4 itself has 4 variants.

Actually Sony has 3 waterproof phones now, the Xperia Z, Z Ultra and the latest Z1, although the Z ultra is not really a phone but a phablet (too big to call it a phone!)

You forgot the Xperia Active, the Xperia Go, and the Acro S. And the Tablet.

Hey Magnum. The metal door looks good. Did u buy it from ebay? I checked my phone comparing to an original and I am glad to say mine is also 100% original.. even the battery.. I even did some test.. thanx all

.. Ill go for a better cover and a screen guard... meanwhile Ill collect the dosh for a s5 or something(hope it has fm radio)

Hey Magnum. The metal door looks good. Did u buy it from ebay? I checked my phone comparing to an original and I am glad to say mine is also 100% original.. even the battery.. I even did some test.. thanx all

.. Ill go for a better cover and a screen guard... meanwhile Ill collect the dosh for a s5 or something(hope it has fm radio)

Nope, from aliexpress

For Galaxy S2 there is a 'real' metal back door but i read that it affects the GPS

Doesnt SIII have radio?

Edited by Magnum

And you think the Galaxy lineup is any smaller? They have 2 Android cameras using that name too! The S4 itself has 4 variants.

XPERIA V - Waterproof + LTE B)

Got my metal finish back door

1380638_4905015602473_541721032_n.jpg

Dude I got one for my Note two, brushed aluminum...but I only had it on for a few hours cos I could feel a noticeable amount of heat. I removed it cos I was afraid of overheating it. Noticed any difference?

Dude I got one for my Note two, brushed aluminum...but I only had it on for a few hours cos I could feel a noticeable amount of heat. I removed it cos I was afraid of overheating it. Noticed any difference?

Nope because

1. This a layer of metal or faux metal plasted over an original back door

2. Sony phones dont heat up( Xperia S doesnt) as much as iPhone or Samsung

Difference:

1. the phone feels heavier

2. The edge of the back door sticks out cuz of the extra layer, its not flat anymore

bdw apart from heating your phones GPS also would have got affected cuz in Samsung the GPS is right under your phone's battery

Edit: before you buy an accessory online, just google about it, you'll definitely find something about it

Edited by Magnum

Nope because

1. This a layer of metal or faux metal plasted over an original back door

2. Sony phones dont heat up( Xperia S doesnt) as much as iPhone or Samsung

Difference:

1. the phone feels heavier

2. The edge of the back door sticks out cuz of the extra layer, its not flat anymore

bdw apart from heating your phones GPS also would have got affected cuz in Samsung the GPS is right under your phone's battery

NFC didn't work cos the aftermarket one didn't come with the chip. Didn't use it long enough to realise any impact on GPS though. It doesn't heat up under normal use. Unless you're running a heavy game or something. But this back door caused heat just on stand by.

+ Xperia V :)

NFC didn't work cos the aftermarket one didn't come with the chip. Didn't use it long enough to realise any impact on GPS though. It doesn't heat up under normal use. Unless you're running a heavy game or something. But this back door caused heat just on stand by.

Is this what you had?

48931d1354307489t-quick-look-brushed-alu

Theres a thread about it

http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-note-2/230409-quick-look-brushed-aluminum-battery-door.html

bdw i still haven't figured out how to send files through NFC

Hi. I added the about phone pic.. yes the s3 has radio. The s4 doesnt. Thats why I got the s3 even though it was a generation old..I never use nfc bcos almost everybody doesnt have it. Even if they do have it nobody uses it...