• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Samsung Galaxy S3 - Piece Of Shit

fiat fan

Me too . Its really comfortable and handy without them and also they are not compatible with my car dock.

I like to have my phone in its original design, covers make it bulky and ugly, but i do change the battery door.Ordered a metal finish back door for Xperia S. will post a pic of it here when it arrives

Depends on your priorities and preferences. If your phone spends its entire life sitting on a desk or in your pocket, then a cover might be redundant. But In my case I have it in my hand when i go for runs/jogs, and the rubbery grip prevents it from slipping out of my sweaty grip. And when I cycle I have it in my jersey pocket (which is on the back) and it could easily slip out of your hand when grabbing for it. So a nice thick cover helps.

This is what I use. I would recommend it for anyone who uses their phone in outdoor activities as well as anyone who is clumsy :

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221228479579?var=520145686977&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Like H.C. and Watchman, I've been using my S3 for an year with nary a problem. I've been using a $1.15 cheapo cover (matching color though) and the cover is starting to give up but when I remove it, the back cover of the phone is as brand spanking new.

I've never used a screen guard (don't believe in 'em) but there isn't a single scratch on the screen. There is a slight crack on the chrome on one edge due to multiple abuse on the phone by my little one - but that's it.

YMMV but I thought the S3 was pretty ok build quality for the price. I'm only pissed at Samsung because they've really f**ked up on S3 update after 4.1.2 due to their need to hawk their new phone.

I'm using a Note 2 which is even worse when you compare the build quality of the S3. I have a case on it and a screen protector, but nevertheless it doesn't show any indications of peeling, cracking or any other sort of decay. The convenience of the OS far outweigh the hassel of having to have a case on all the time. And about the OS, I've never had any issues at all.

The OP may have had the misfortune of buying a fake by the look of it. I have heard that there are fakes around that resemble the real thing quite well.

Build quality wise, Apple is far ahead of Samsung, but it's just too much trouble to use. Blackberries can stand a fair share of abuse and stand strong. I have an almost two year old 9860 that still looks new today as proof.

I would still recommend sticking with Android, HTC maybe if Samsung is off the table.

I would still recommend sticking with Android, HTC maybe if Samsung is off the table.

If you need a tough Android you might as well go with Sony. Motorola has Kevlar backed phones, and the Defy. Though if you really want a tough phone, you can get the Casio G’zOne Commando, CAT or JCB phones. Now that is Industrial strength. I'm not joking, look it up on Google.

Depends on your priorities and preferences. If your phone spends its entire life sitting on a desk or in your pocket, then a cover might be redundant. But In my case I have it in my hand when i go for runs/jogs, and the rubbery grip prevents it from slipping out of my sweaty grip. And when I cycle I have it in my jersey pocket (which is on the back) and it could easily slip out of your hand when grabbing for it. So a nice thick cover helps.

This is what I use. I would recommend it for anyone who uses their phone in outdoor activities as well as anyone who is clumsy :

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221228479579?var=520145686977&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Makes sense, but i do drop mine time to time not very much high from the ground , nothing happens cuz Japanese reliability yo! :sport-smiley-004:

If you need a tough Android you might as well go with Sony. Motorola has Kevlar backed phones, and the Defy. Though if you really want a tough phone, you can get the Casio G’zOne Commando, CAT or JCB phones. Now that is Industrial strength. I'm not joking, look it up on Google.

Now this is what i call learning something new... Thanks for sharing..

Fiat Fan has a S3 (or a fake S3) and that photo is def not a S3. The S3's camera flash and speaker are all on the same horizontal level.

This photo should be a S4

dammit all this egg shaped Samsung phones look a like to me

this might be a S4 or a S3 mini

Hi all.thanx for the replies.. I bought the s3 instead of the s4 bcos I wanted fm radio. I use it everyday. I got it from a reputed dealer. Yes reputed guys cheat,but when I went to buy the phone so many other people were also buying phones. I checked the pic shiffer posted.everything was like in the real phone. Can u post a pic of a s3? The pic u posted is a s4... I think the main reason for damage is the rubber cover... yes Im a die hard android fan... The only Apple product il ever buy is an ipod(already have 3.all 3 are still in super condition after very brutal usage)..

sorry mate. thats the only pic i found when i googled. coz i typed as S3 thought this was S3 as well.

machan. why not go for a Nexus phone?

the new LG Nexus 4 is superb if you dont mind stock android

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Magnum" data-cid="248631" data-time="1380635249"><p>

<br />

I use Sony though</p></blockquote>

Ah thought we talking abt samsungs.. :]

No probz, guess you missed my previous post

dammit all this egg shaped Samsung phones look a like to me

this might be a S4 or a S3 mini

Inspired by "Pebble" it seems :P

bdw S5 will have a new design. Design 3.0

If i'm spending for a phone again, it would be a Sony.. most probably Xperia Z or Z Ultra..

You gotta buy Xperia Z1 dude! its got a 20.7 megapixel camera

http://www.xperiablog.net/2013/09/09/xperia-z1-in-camera-shootout-against-the-htc-one-iphone-5-lg-g2-lumia-925-and-galaxy-s4/