• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Samsung Galaxy S3 - Piece Of Shit

fiat fan

Hi. I bought my S3 on April 2013. Twice I had to factory reset it due to some error with apps.. ok I can bear it up. But here's the biggest issue. The back panels paint is has peeled off. The plastic edges are cracked around the camera,flasher,speaker and the charger port. I even had a back cover on. The cover was from UK. It was really soft. On the screen there are some minor scratches even though it says gorilla glass 2. The paint around the phone display ring(plastic lines) has peeled off as well.. Even the battery life has gone down by half. I paid 65,000 hard earned money to buy this. Now after 6 months I have to buy a phone again... I have 2 years warranty,but that didnt help... If this happened after at least 1 year I would have excused the phone. I just wanted to raise awareness that we shudnt get fooled by these flimsy gadgets. I was really careful as well...Really dissapointed in samsung

• Like 1

Twice I had to factory reset it due to some error with apps..

Never ever happened with my phone

ok I can bear it up. But here's the biggest issue. The back panels paint is has peeled off.

Again, it never ever happened with my phone. Come to think of it, I use it to chase cats away with it, use it to play football whenever I feel like it, slammed it twice when I got pissed off... nada... no paint peeling or cracks...

I even had a back cover on. The cover was from UK. It was really soft.

Never used a cover with the damn thing.

On the screen there are some minor scratches even though it says gorilla glass 2.

Got a couple of thousand scratches on screen... mainly due to carrying the phone in the trouser pocket with keys and coins. No gorillas in my glass. It's not even glass, in fact. But not bothered at all.

The paint around the phone display ring(plastic lines) has peeled off as well..

I carefully took a look at the display of the phone now.... Sad to say, absolutely no plastic lines to peel off... hmmm

Even the battery life has gone down by half.

Yup... battery life did go down in my phone. Earlier it was giving 5 days' battery life. Now it only gives 4 days.

I paid 65,000 hard earned money to buy this.

I spend 4000 of my hard earned money to buy my phone

Really dissapointed in samsung

Never EVER disappointed in this:

070503_1b.jpg

• Like 8

4. Buy Nokia 920/925

*1 - If you don't want to use a protective case and make phone bulky

*2 - If iPhone is too small comparing to large S3

*3 - If you don't worry too much about OS and think anything from Samsung is the best. :)

Just check youtube for "Lumia 920 knife and hammer test"

I have noticed Samsung phones have reliability problems. i have seen more than enough of Samsung Galaxy phones with battery and software issues. However i think they are working on it, the S5 is will be made out of much better material

Dude, I'll call BS right here and now. I'm not the biggest Samsung fan around, but if you really were "really careful" you wouldn't have ANY of those problems. I know people who have been using S3s much longer than that without cases without your problems.

2 things

Battery life goes down like that only if you keep constantly charging without letting the battery recharge. Its not a new thing, its been a problem thats been around as long as rechargeable batteries have been around. Rechargeable batteries have a finite amount of charges before it can't hold charge anymore, but that number is usually at least 1000. If you are losing battery performance, you are probably charging the thing several times a day. Or its a rogue app draining your battery.

Gorilla glass or whatever glass, scratches only come when you rub it on something that harder on the mohs scale. So either you've been rubbing your diamonds on the screen, or you've been careless and got it scratched with sand. Which would account for the other paint problems you have too.

See this http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1866049

I hope you haven't been installing pirated apps or apps from third party sources and then complaining about your software issues.

As far as smartphones go, I bought my Nexus 4 in April too, not a single scratch, ding, paint issue, crack, nothing. No software issues. Still as sexy as the day I bought it, for the equiv of maybe Rs40k with shipping and taxes.

And yes, please, go buy some rotten fruit for your next phone. Anything else. It should raise the average IQ of Android users by several points when you are not in the pool.

Edited by Pericles

Totally agreed. Dude i bought mine 100k+ as soon as it came and it was the biggest disappointment i had out of a phone. silver colour peeling off, scratches everywhere on the back cover, crashing at least twice a day...

So glad I got rid of that shit... Never ever Samsung again...

I think its the user that's the problem and not the phone itself. I have been using a S4 S3 for about a year or more with none of the issues you mentioned.

Scratches and paint chipping off is subjective based on your own usage. I have a simple 50 ent (USD) screen protector on mine cos I just didn't wanna challenge samsung on how scratch resistant their screens are (at my cost). As for the back case and the rest of the phone I also use a cover so I havent had any scratches etc.

As for the battery life Like peri said you probably had bad phone charging habits/routines; and in addition you might have stuff running in the background.

If you want more battery life get one of those recharging packs which you can keep in your bag. Or if you're on the move, turn off mobile data. Without it my phone can last around 2+ days (while making phone calls and sending SMSs).

Edited by Watchman

Hi. I bought my S3 on April 2013. Twice I had to factory reset it due to some error with apps.. ok I can bear it up. But here's the biggest issue. The back panels paint is has peeled off. The plastic edges are cracked around the camera,flasher,speaker and the charger port. I even had a back cover on. The cover was from UK. It was really soft. On the screen there are some minor scratches even though it says gorilla glass 2. The paint around the phone display ring(plastic lines) has peeled off as well.. Even the battery life has gone down by half. I paid 65,000 hard earned money to buy this. Now after 6 months I have to buy a phone again... I have 2 years warranty,but that didnt help... If this happened after at least 1 year I would have excused the phone. I just wanted to raise awareness that we shudnt get fooled by these flimsy gadgets. I was really careful as well...Really dissapointed in samsung
Totally agreed. Dude i bought mine 100k+ as soon as it came and it was the biggest disappointment i had out of a phone. silver colour peeling off, scratches everywhere on the back cover, crashing at least twice a day...

So glad I got rid of that shit... Never ever Samsung again...

Did it ever occur to you guys that you might have bought fakes :)?

Btw is there a correlation between being an Italian car enthusiast and hating Korean phones?

• Like 3

Twice I had to factory reset it due to some error with apps..

Never ever happened with my phone

ok I can bear it up. But here's the biggest issue. The back panels paint is has peeled off.

Again, it never ever happened with my phone. Come to think of it, I use it to chase cats away with it, use it to play football whenever I feel like it, slammed it twice when I got pissed off... nada... no paint peeling or cracks...

I even had a back cover on. The cover was from UK. It was really soft.

Never used a cover with the damn thing.

On the screen there are some minor scratches even though it says gorilla glass 2.

Got a couple of thousand scratches on screen... mainly due to carrying the phone in the trouser pocket with keys and coins. No gorillas in my glass. It's not even glass, in fact. But not bothered at all.

The paint around the phone display ring(plastic lines) has peeled off as well..

I carefully took a look at the display of the phone now.... Sad to say, absolutely no plastic lines to peel off... hmmm

Even the battery life has gone down by half.

Yup... battery life did go down in my phone. Earlier it was giving 5 days' battery life. Now it only gives 4 days.

I paid 65,000 hard earned money to buy this.

I spend 4000 of my hard earned money to buy my phone

Really dissapointed in samsung

Never EVER disappointed in this:

[img=http://i.fosfor.se/i07/070503_1b.jpg]

True that. I had a 3310 ages ago.still looks and works like it was bought today

I used a rubber back cover. No screen guard though. I charge it when it says battery low. I always remove the plug as soon as it says battery full. Software was always downloaded from play stores. Anyway I only got viber,fb,skype and some other well known apps. Other than buying a phone what options do I have? Are they parts to replace? Thanx all for the replies..

I think its the user that's the problem and not the phone itself. I have been using a S4 for about a year or more with none of the issues you mentioned.

The S4 only came out in April :P

It does beg the question, why did the OP drop 65k on a phone that is a generation old? And was it even new?

I have to wonder about the fake phone theory too. All these are very "chinese" phone issues that are listed.

I've been always using Nokia, then HTC and now the iPhone. Always used a screen guard but never used a rubber or leather protective cover, because I don't want to lose the original feel of the phone. None of the phone had issues you said. However I am extremely careful user of the phones.

Apart from tips what Watchman said :) here are some more tips. Read the link

http://m.wikihow.com/Save-Battery-Power-on-an-Android.

Also you can disable some programs, which came with phone if you are not using so they won't run in background consuming RAM thus the power.

Also you can use developers options in Settings to limit background processes and animations

Edited by Charith H Jayasinghe

Did it ever occur to you guys that you might have bought fakes :)?

Btw is there a correlation between being an Italian car enthusiast and hating Korean phones?

I never thought it as a fake but who knows? :) but i never used any covers on the phone so i'm to blame for most of the cosmetic damage. however, they could've used aluminum body for such a high priced phone,,, just my thought :)

It looks like there's a conflict between Italy and Korea :D

My nokia 5800 after 4 years of brutal use, all features are still functioning without any issue..no protector of any sort used ever..soaked in water whisky beer old arakku and sea water countless times.. Can make skype calls,fb,google maps, and can do most of the other things current smart phones does without any issue..

This comment is also being made using the same phone..best 40k ever used on an electronic gadget.. Ah btw still using the original battery came with the phone, after 1300 hours of talk time, it still has 24 hours of life span..

• Like 1

i am sorry but ive used a S3 for a brief amount of time

the only probs i would say with that phone is the chrome thing around it pealing off and the display is pretty fragile.

but never had software issues and so on

also you have to be very careful when downloading apps. specially those local made sri lankan apps

they tend to come with a small virus like thing that gives you loads of ads

but the paint peeling and everything could have been avoided if you had used a proper hard plastic back cover

rubber and silicon covers only damages your phones

but i got to say the galaxy range has less software issues than the xperia range.

• Like 1

Im using s3 I9300 for more than 1 year and no troubles till now despite few hard falls. Like shiffer said those soft cases will damage the back cover as dust and small particles get collected and scratch the cover. Im not using any of them now. Had few firmware issues after JB upgrade early, but all of them were corrected with 4.1.2. Ive noticed some apps continue to work although you have exit it properly and they consume the battery a lot. (Like GT racing, ect)