• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Honda Insight Or Prius 2009-2010

lahiruw83

Talking more about statistics, any probability less than .05 is universally recognised as 'not significant'. so you r telling me in sri lanka or anywhere in the world finding a person who shorter than 5'2" is very difficult? Take a random sample like my ex girl friends. They all were <5'2". I am gonna sue toyota weather you like it or not. [my car service is coming up, tires are worn and my wife needs a new outfit for a wedding. My objective is for toyota to fund it.

Take a random sample like my ex girl friends. They all were <5'2".

it is not a random sample. it is called biased sample. reason is that you prefer shorter girls :) .

try to pick a "real" random sample for your n-ex-t girl friends.

anyway , don't worry, even though tires are worn ,if it is a "insight" it will not give any trouble,"even a punch in the tyre".

Edited by MV-5

it is not a random sample. it is called biased sample. reason is that you prefer shorter girls :) .

try to pick a "real" random sample for your n-ex-t girl friends.

anyway , don't worry, even though tires are worn ,if it is a "insight" it will not give any trouble,"even a punch in the tyre".

I agree with your statement on the biased sample. Nightowl should go out and hook up with some random BBWs to even out the sample.. And the AL brotherhood wont rat you out to your wife. So your secret's safe with us; and whoever else has an internet connection.. But that's a slim chance. When was the last time you heard of something on the internet getting a lot of publicity.

:P

Edited by Watchman

3rd generation: Long distance 22-25

Colombo - 16 -18. Not more than that.

The advertised values are much higher than actual. You can't drive in Sri Lanka to get those. The people behind will be scolding you.

Also keep in mind that Honda Insight is mild hybrid vehicle and even without the power of the battery you can use it as a normal petrol car of 1330CC, also it feels like normal petrol car, the gear lever, dash board and everything is simpler.

Where as prius, it's fully Hybrid and totally depend on the Battery. the gear lever is a very new way and more complex. There are no S or L in the dear box. no P in gear lever, there is separate button for Parking mode. Also if you are a Short fellow less than 5'2" don't go for 3rd gen prius and you will have difficulty seeing the road. Some prius comes with adjustable seat, but some don't. Prius is more comfortable than Honda Insight.

Had used both the cars and both has pros and cons. I prefer honda Insight over Prius because it hasn't given me a single trouble, the breakpads are already 25,000Kms used in sri Lanka and gurage fellow said it is not even half used. I think the quality of the spares are better in Honda. Also had few problems with my Prius, sometime remote key was not working, had to replace some steering parts due to rattling noise.

If you are more into fuel saving guy, go for Prius.

i have got to agree with this. there is an insight in my household. Been using it for 2 years and done over 30,000 kms and its been very reliable and easy to run. Only done servicing and not replaced a thing. Fuel wise I get around 14-15 km/l in Colombo. Sure the car is as boring as hell to drive and ugly to look at but as an A-B car, its faultless.

3rd generation: Long distance 22-25

Colombo - 16 -18. Not more than that.

The advertised values are much higher than actual. You can't drive in Sri Lanka to get those. The people behind will be scolding you.

Also keep in mind that Honda Insight is mild hybrid vehicle and even without the power of the battery you can use it as a normal petrol car of 1330CC, also it feels like normal petrol car, the gear lever, dash board and everything is simpler.

Where as prius, it's fully Hybrid and totally depend on the Battery. the gear lever is a very new way and more complex. There are no S or L in the dear box. no P in gear lever, there is separate button for Parking mode. Also if you are a Short fellow less than 5'2" don't go for 3rd gen prius and you will have difficulty seeing the road. Some prius comes with adjustable seat, but some don't. Prius is more comfortable than Honda Insight.

Had used both the cars and both has pros and cons. I prefer honda Insight over Prius because it hasn't given me a single trouble, the breakpads are already 25,000Kms used in sri Lanka and gurage fellow said it is not even half used. I think the quality of the spares are better in Honda. Also had few problems with my Prius, sometime remote key was not working, had to replace some steering parts due to rattling noise.

If you are more into fuel saving guy, go for Prius.

Tx friend ! Are you Having a 2009 Insight ??

i have got to agree with this. there is an insight in my household. Been using it for 2 years and done over 30,000 kms and its been very reliable and easy to run. Only done servicing and not replaced a thing. Fuel wise I get around 14-15 km/l in Colombo. Sure the car is as boring as hell to drive and ugly to look at but as an A-B car, its faultless.

Some says 2009 Insight is having a battery issue ?IS this true ??