• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Honda Insight Or Prius 2009-2010

lahiruw83

Yes,

Honda Insight in Colombo traffic and short distance travel does 11-14.

Where as, Prius second gen does 14- 16 in Colombo.

For long distance, I got Insight is same as Prius.

Colombo to Anuradhapura with AC and 4 people - Honda Insight Gave 22KM/L with lot of overtaking and aggressive driving.

Prius will give the same figures.

tx friend !

Yes yes, so by the 10th generation, when a prius is in traffic it will take the CO2 from the car in front power the prius and fill the tank with the excess petrol too..

really nice no.if it can generate O2 as an output thats Great tooo !

:-D

Edited by lahiruw83

Tx friend. but i expected more frm 3rd gen :-( .

3rd generation: Long distance 22-25

Colombo - 16 -18. Not more than that.

The advertised values are much higher than actual. You can't drive in Sri Lanka to get those. The people behind will be scolding you.

Also keep in mind that Honda Insight is mild hybrid vehicle and even without the power of the battery you can use it as a normal petrol car of 1330CC, also it feels like normal petrol car, the gear lever, dash board and everything is simpler.

Where as prius, it's fully Hybrid and totally depend on the Battery. the gear lever is a very new way and more complex. There are no S or L in the dear box. no P in gear lever, there is separate button for Parking mode. Also if you are a Short fellow less than 5'2" don't go for 3rd gen prius and you will have difficulty seeing the road. Some prius comes with adjustable seat, but some don't. Prius is more comfortable than Honda Insight.

Had used both the cars and both has pros and cons. I prefer honda Insight over Prius because it hasn't given me a single trouble, the breakpads are already 25,000Kms used in sri Lanka and gurage fellow said it is not even half used. I think the quality of the spares are better in Honda. Also had few problems with my Prius, sometime remote key was not working, had to replace some steering parts due to rattling noise.

If you are more into fuel saving guy, go for Prius.

Edited by dpbatagoda
  • Like 1

Also if you are a Short fellow less than 5'2" don't go for 3rd gen prius and you will have difficulty seeing the road. Some prius comes with adjustable seat, but some don't. Prius is more comfortable than Honda Insight.

you are so precise , i googled and found that 5' 2'' = 157.48 cm (i didn't google about Prius ) FYI . :sport-smiley-004: thanks for so valuable information.

Toyota [Prius] should be sued for discriminating vertically challenged people!

5' 2'' is not a magical number and it was calculated based on huge analysis done by Toyota. they have done a survey with more than 2 million persons and better sampling strategies.

then they have identified that "Heights of people" can be represented by a "Normal distribution" and they have calculated the "Mean" and "standard deviation" for that particular distribution.

based on that values they calculated the "Probability" that we can find a person who is not higher than 5' 2''.

that value is 0.00985634.

world population is 7 billion.

total number of cars manufactured (prius family) = approx 4 million

then probability of having a Prius for a given person = 4/7000 = 0.000571

since "not higher than 5' 2'' " and having a prius is mutually exclusive,

the probability of having a Prius for a given person and that person is not higher than 5' 2'' = 0.009856 x 0.000571 = 0.000005632

this answer is closer to 0

that means Toyota will win the case.

Dude, you dont have to argue with or justify a joke!!! :D

PS: I do find a flaw in your logic though; You're presuming that all humans are legally allowed to drive and are the same height their entire life :D

Of course! i didn't, i did add more flavors! :)

5' 2'' is not a magical number and it was calculated based on huge analysis done by Toyota. they have done a survey with more than 2 million persons and better sampling strategies.

then they have identified that "Heights of people" can be represented by a "Normal distribution" and they have calculated the "Mean" and "standard deviation" for that particular distribution.

based on that values they calculated the "Probability" that we can find a person who is not higher than 5' 2''.

that value is 0.00985634.

world population is 7 billion.

total number of cars manufactured (prius family) = approx 4 million

then probability of having a Prius for a given person = 4/7000 = 0.000571

since "not higher than 5' 2'' " and having a prius is mutually exclusive,

the probability of having a Prius for a given person and that person is not higher than 5' 2'' = 0.009856 x 0.000571 = 0.000005632

this answer is closer to 0

that means Toyota will win the case.

Bro, I think you got the numbers wrong.

there are more portability of person being less than 5' 2". e.g. See China, there average height is 5' 2" for women

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Template:Average_height_around_the_world