• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Car Modifications For Beginners

kelum_wj

And also to build a more performance oriented car community rather than one based on fiberglass and huge spoilers ....

. Performance path is for those who like to feel,hear the difference and not just see it. In my opinion its the best path to take because you can enjoy it at the end of the day.

Great effort Kelum!.Hope those Eg/Ek/lancer killers read these sort of information and choose the right path !.

This "right path" you are speaking of...please elaborate for us non-enlightned car owners what exactly is the right path...

• Like 1

Ignition

Spark Plugs

A Spark plug is used to ignite the mixture of petrol and air inside the Cylinder.The choice of spark plugs should be made depending on the application. A stock motor wouldn't benefit from a set of race plugs because it wouldn't be exposed to such conditions more often. The factors to consider when selecting a plug are the plug gap and the heat range. A spark plug with a small plug gap will produce a weak spark while a it would cause misfiring if its too big. Also a hot plug could lead to pre ignition causing detonation while a cold plug could lead to a loss of power in the high revs

Iridium Spark plugs

Iridium is a very rare metal which is related to platinum. It is stronger than copper yet has more resistance than copper. Copper is the best conductor but it erodes away easily. The plus side in using Iridium spark plugs is there longevity. The iridium spark plug has a thinner pointed electrode when compared to that of a conventional spark plug this could improve the ignitability slightly but will have negligible effect on performance.

Plug wires

A wire with a larger cross sectional area made out of a better metal than the conventional wires could improve the spark when coupled with a performance ignition coil. The larger cross sectional area means lesser resistance which would result in higher voltage passing through it. Also most of the performance plug wires are colored so it improves the engine bay look too.

Performance Ignition Coil

A performance ignition coil will produce a higher voltage than the stock coil which would result in better burning. And engine running a rich mixture would benefit more because more gasoline particles would be combusted during the cycle which would lead to more power and lesser emissions.

A proper ignition system with good spark plugs, performance wires,performance coil with proper ignition timing could lead to an increased in the low end torque which would improve drivability in street

• Like 2

This "right path" you are speaking of...please elaborate for us non-enlightned car owners what exactly is the right path...

Kelum WJ

I'm still waiting for my reply sunshine!

Oh please oh please let us know what'll make our cars "more enjoyable at the end of the day"...I never knew we were not enjoying our cars with the fiber and spoilers...but then again we are the poor stupid uneducated "eg/ek/lancer" crowd no...

Also I am wondering what makes your holiness so entitled to grant us your wisdom so generously?...Are you a professional race car tuner?What do you drive anyway?

From my point of all this "advice for beginners" looks like a load claptrap mixed with almost word for word quotes from Wikipedia...Is this a pathetic attempt at getting cyber high fives and pats on your back?

• Like 2

Iridium is stronger than platinum and also lesser resistance than platinum. So Iridium has better conductivity and longevity than platinum. But considering the price difference i would suggest platinums

so iridium is better in that sense. i thought plat was a better conductor. guess i was wrong. your knowledge of chemistry should be fresher than mine. anyways i went with iridium on the teg.

Iridium is stronger than platinum and also lesser resistance than platinum. So Iridium has better conductivity and longevity than platinum. But considering the price difference i would suggest platinums

ROFL how many hours of Wikipedia did it take to come up with this?.....platinum good enjoyment neda ah :grinning-smiley-003: ...at the end of the day!

...LOL god help the poor saps who take the advice from these internet heroes...aney hukey

BTW I see you and your mutual ass kissing society have taken to de-repping my posts...not that I give a damn but take it like a man bro.I pointed out a flaw in your posts and this is how you respond?...typical internet poser BS...what next?t your gonna tell to mommy on me?

Edited by MasterDon
  • Like 5

It's a thin line he treads. Still I find this more interesting than threads on "Toyota registers" and "kmpl-omg" and buying/promoting raped rx8's.

MD has a point. All this can be found on wiki/google/wherever, but how many times have we had noobs open threads on easily googlable downright silly questions? So in essence, maybe it's a good thing to have a information registry on basic performance upgrades?

God knows I've got dozens of Messages on what to do after ppl read project R. So...

Edited by Komisiripala
  • Like 1

I think we need to adress the other aspect of modifying for this to be a complete thread...

So starting from now Yours truly decided to add to this valuable thread by bringing you advice on how to modify your car for beginners...MD Style!

Yes over my next posts on this thread we will be looking at fiber body kits,spoilers,neons,rims,beat silencer,interiors,various paint and sticker combos and how to adapt them to your ride to make it stand out and unique.

Now unlike some 'experts' dishing out advice on this thread I do not have to pull facts out of my arse to impress you all and get 'likes' and nor do I have to pretend to be someone I'm not on the internet.Your a pal MD has a long history of modifying cars including A Honda CRX mk2 and a CRX Del Sol,Two Mazda RX7s,A classic Fiat 1100,Mitsubishi Pajero SWB...All done with ZERO performance modifications AND with my own money.

Now remember some may call this ricing and try to put you down.Whatever they call it "at the end of the day" it's your car.You have the right to do whatever you like to it.Don't ever mind these self righteous noobs trying to be internet heroes ...Infact most of the riced out cars I had would leave their so called 'performance cars' in the dust even while carrying a heavy bodykit,because it's not just about bolting on various bits with cool sounding names to the engine.

First here are some pictures of some cool modiefied cars to get you peeps all excited...more to come,stay tuned!

fRXBnBD.jpg

uHYW9ul.jpg

9VYJsc7.jpg

dJp3gb5.jpg

• Like 3