• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Adding Canopies To Your Single/double Cab.

chamath1

Hi ppl, I'm not an expert in 4x4 but can someone please tell me places where they sell and install canopies for both double and single cabs?

BTW I'm a bit concerned of the additional weight of adding a canopy which WILL effect my single cab's fuel consumption. What do you think the best option would be?

Dude, it's a pickup. a few kilos on a hard-top canopy wont make that big a difference. It will be more secure and the hardtop looks much nicer.

And theoretically the hardtop would be much more aerodynamic hence less resistance leading to better fuel efficiency.

Few other alternatives:

1. use partially worn out tyres. (Less rubber, less weight, less energy wasted)

2. Remove spare wheel.

3. Don't take any passengers

4. Remove the AC compressor (less weight plus less strain on the engine)

5. (optional) Remove the doors, (saves you weight, and eliminates the hassle of having to open and close the door everytime you get in/out.)

Edited by Watchman
  • Like 3

i have heard that some hardtops are heavier than others. especially a certain locally made brand is supposed to be significantly heavy vs a carryboy.

got a carryboy meself... the benefits of having one far outweighs any possible fuel related issues :)

No idea where to buy one from though as once my lock got busted and i had to source a replacement online.

• 8 years later...