• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Honda Fit Hybrid Maintenance

zee boy

Question

01) Recommended place to do the service and prices

01) What is the recommended engine oil(s) and the prices

02) Mileage gap for each service

03) Good brand of the Air-filter & oil filter for Honda Fit Hybrid

04) Recommended shop to buy Airfilter & the oil filter and the prices

Guys please share your ideas

19 answers to this question

Try S******d M****s apperently they are not so expensive.

Recently my cousin took his CRV for 10K service. (First time he took the vehicle as it was imported used) and the bill was less than Rs. 10k. It was just a routine service with oil and oil filter change, but I thought the price is reasonable.

1. You can go to any reputed Service place. Auto miraj, Laughf, Auto pal, Auto Clean, RTT are few options for you to try

1. Recommended one is 0W-20 oil which is now available with Toyota. 4L is around Rs. 3500. Or you can buy fully synthetic 0W-30 Mobil for Rs. 8000 for 5L from any oil shop around panchikawatta.

2. Toyota Oil 5000Kms.

Fully Synthetic 10000Kms,

3. VIC brand is good and relatively cheaper than original parts. Buy it from reputed place. (not from a small corner shop or from broker in a road)

4. There is Honda Parts shops everywhere in Panchikawatta. GS auto is a good shop for Toyota and Nissan. They also has Honda Parts. Sometime your service station has the same price and no need to waste your time. Check with your service station first.

Thanks for the details dpbatagoda, by any chance do you know the average cost per service at each of those service places?

Is this your first car service? It's just a ordinary car, be cool. Follow as he said.

Edited by WCW

Thanks for the details dpbatagoda, by any chance do you know the average cost per service at each of those service places?

I normally do my service at RTT. The prices are as follows.

1. Servicing chargers,Rs. 2200.

This includes washing under the car (undercarriage wash), interior vacuum and cleaning, carpet wash, body wash, Oil change, Filter change, Checking oil levels, battery conditions, break pads status etc etc. This doesn't include any seat shampooing or hood shampooing. But they clean the seats, dash board and interior parts using chemicals putting to clothes.

2. Cost for 4L Toyota OIl; Rs. 3500

3. Cost for OIl Filter Rs. 900

4. If you want to change air filter (I change it every 15,000Kms), it will cost around Rs. 4000.

5. Gear Box oil change - Should be only done through agents, (not from your service station) Rs. 10,000 including oil and labor

Keep in Mind

1. DON'T ever let the cleaner to put high pressure water to your Engine cleaning. Currently what most palaces does is they put high pressure air to clean the engine room which is the correct way

2. DON'T go to places where they mostly service heavy vehicles such as Lorries and busses, these guy mostly don't know new way of servicing the vehicles. Once I had bad experience with a place near Impala Kotta road (now the place is closed due to no customers). The two guys put oil to my previous car undercarriage washing and luckily nothing happened. Later I got to know that new vehicles don't need any oiling to be put under when servicing. Oiling will damage some rubber parts due to high heat and oils will collect more and more dust under the car.

3. Stay at the place where the car is servicing. You can learn what they do.

4. Bring the remaining oil cans to home and they can be used for your next service.

Dear All,

First Service for my Fit Hybrid was due on Yesterday. After draining the oil, I came to know that Auxx Mirax in Gampola has got only toyota 5W-30. As per the user manual, Fit requires 0W-20. I tried to find out the same around gampola but failed. It was available only with Toyota Lanka Kandy, but it was too late to go to kandy.

Finally, I had to opt for 5W-30, till the next service. Its pity that Au Mi people keep on saying they use 5w-30 for fit hybrid. Do you have any idea about the oil used by Stafford for fit hybrid?

My Concerns are:

- What will be the consequence of using 30 instead of 20

- In the next service, it is okay to directly shift to 20 (do we need any flushing of oil)

Your expert comments are highly welcomed.

Edited by udayap

5W-30 is fine for our climate. Probably better than 0W-20, There may be a very marginal (i mean VERY marginal) effect on fuel economy.

Thanks,

I referred the US user manual of Insight. It says

"A very low-viscosity, fuel-efficient

0W-20 oil is the engine lubricant for
your Insight. This oil is formulated to
help your engine use less fuel"
So, I thought this is something to do with the engine that Honda has used for the Hybrid...

Well the viscocity of oil changes as it heats up and expands. Not sure about the figures though because while the atmospheric temperature in different countries change, the running temperature of the engine is kept constant by the cooling system.

If the car is new and very low miles I would have opted for the manufacturer recommended 0W-20 and maybe switch to 5W-30 when the engine hits 100K Kms

Edited by The Don

Well the viscocity of oil changes as it heats up and expands. Not sure about the figures though because while the atmospheric temperature in different countries change, the running temperature of the engine is kept constant by the cooling system.

If the car is new and very low miles I would have opted for the manufacturer recommended 0W-20 and maybe switch to 5W-30 when the engine hits 100K Kms

I agree with Don. The running temperature should be more or less similar under different levels of atmospheric temperatures.

Dear All,

First Service for my Fit Hybrid was due on Yesterday. After draining the oil, I came to know that Auxx Mirax in Gampola has got only toyota 5W-30. As per the user manual, Fit requires 0W-20. I tried to find out the same around gampola but failed. It was available only with Toyota Lanka Kandy, but it was too late to go to kandy.

Finally, I had to opt for 5W-30, till the next service. Its pity that Au Mi people keep on saying they use 5w-30 for fit hybrid. Do you have any idea about the oil used by Stafford for fit hybrid?

My Concerns are:

- What will be the consequence of using 30 instead of 20

- In the next service, it is okay to directly shift to 20 (do we need any flushing of oil)

Your expert comments are highly welcomed.

I'm not sure about Stafford but I did a service from Sterling on my Civic Hybrid (which from what I know has the same engine as FIT Hybrid), and they too only had 5W-30. I could not find 0w-20 anywhere except at Toyota lanka which I did not have the time to go and get.

Anyways I allowed them to use 5w-30. I have seen on most online forums (and on this thread as well), that 5w-30 might actually be good for tropical countries like Sri Lanka. I've run around 3000km with it and have not seen a difference in fuel consumption or engine temps. Im not sure what other effect it would have on the engine though.

Edited by ramishkad

I'm not sure about Stafford but I did a service from Sterling on my Civic Hybrid (which from what I know has the same engine as FIT Hybrid), and they too only had 5W-30. I could not find 0w-20 anywhere except at Toyota lanka which I did not have the time to go and get.

Anyways I allowed them to use 5w-30. I have seen on most online forums (and on this thread as well), that 5w-30 might actually be good for tropical countries like Sri Lanka. I've run around 3000km with it and have not seen a difference in fuel consumption or engine temps. Im not sure what other effect it would have on the engine though.

Thanks for sharing your experience.

I came to know that the engine stop and start function of honda hybrids require a thinner oil to minimize wear and tier of engine components. That is why honda recommends 20. I actually don't know the truth of this fact.....Probably, experts may comment on this

Viscosity

Viscosity (a fluid's resistance to flow) is rated at 0° F (represented by the number preceding the "W" [for Winter]) and at 212° F (represented by the second number in the viscosity designation). So 10W-30 oil has less viscosity when cold and hot than does 20W-50. Motor oil thins as it heats and thickens as it cools. So, with the right additives to help it resist thinning too much, an oil can be rated for one viscosity when cold, another when hot. The more resistant it is to thinning, the higher the second number (10W-40 versus 10W-30, for example) and that's good. Within reason, thicker oil generally seals better and maintains a better film of lubrication between moving parts.

At the low-temperature end, oil has to be resistant to thickening so that it flows more easily to all the moving parts in your engine. Also, if the oil is too thick the engine requires more energy to turn the crankshaft, which is partly submerged in a bath of oil. Excessive thickness can make it harder to start the engine, which reduces fuel economy. A 5W oil is typically what's recommended for winter use. However, synthetic oils can be formulated to flow even more easily when cold, so they are able to pass tests that meet the 0W rating.

Once the engine is running, the oil heats up. The second number in the viscosity rating--the "40" in 10W-40, for example--tells you that the oil will stay thicker at high temperatures than one with a lower second number--the "30" in 10W-30, for example. What's really important is that you use the oil viscosity your car's owner's manual recommends.

Guys,

I purchased an oil filter for GP 1 from a place in Kandy. Though they said it is a genuine one, for my observations all hallmarks of a duplicate one are eminent. What are your ideas!! Apparently, I asked one of my colleague to purchase it for me.

filter.gif

20160625_091526.jpg