• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

@http://forum.autolanka.com/user/65720-sathyajithj99/'>sathyajithj99

i have a starlet. But i am planning to sell it and buy a new one (Max budget 3.5M with selling amount)

Eventhough i am not a dailly runner, i thought i will have some money saving from electric vehical.

normally dailly travel is around 10kms. but there may be 1-2 long trips (around 80km)

Thanks

There is a nice thread by tiv on Nissan leaf where he has covered almost all the things a person should consider before buying a Leaf. Go through it. The link has been posted by Muditha420 (the 2nd one)

And there are some other threads too. I think Nissan Leaf is one of the vehicles which has been discussed so many times on the forum. Search and go through them. After that also you feel like it suits you, by all means go for it.

• Like 2

There is a nice thread by tiv on Nissan leaf where he has covered almost all the things a person should consider before buying a Leaf. Go through it. The link has been posted by Muditha420 (the 2nd one) And there are some other threads too. I think Nissan Leaf is one of the vehicles which has been discussed so many times on the forum. Search and go through them. After that also you feel like it suits you, by all means go for it.

That thread on the leaf was probably the most comprehensive thread about a model I've seen on the forum.

• 2 weeks later...
i hope to buy nissan leaf. I tried to find some information from this site, but i couldn't find what i want. So pls help me on this.

i hope to spend 3-3.5M for a car. i am not daily runner. Is it worth to buy a leaf instead of petrol car?

Is there any disadvantages with leaf other than limited km for one charge?

Is it worth to buy a leaf? well it depends on how you are going to use it. for little over 3M it is worth. There is close to 30 fast chargers spread across the country if you are planing longer trips.And it's a low maintenance car. No oil changes or filter changes or services. Just occasional check up is sufficient.

The biggest disadvantage is the degradation of the battery due to our hot climate. Currently there are few individuals who are doing tests in SL and the data which they have gathered so far shows that the problem is far more serious than initially thought. Since Leaf battery does not use a cooling system unlike the Tesla or Prius the heat dissipation is very poor causing the battery to remain at a higher temperature for longer time. The heat is a battery killer. So simply said if the battery life time of a leaf in a mild climate is 8 years in SL it will be 5 years.

And if you are regularly parking the car in the sun think twice before buying one.

Edited by rover
  • Like 1

I thought I use this tread rather than starting a new.

Does anyone has experience in time based electricity metering (TOU)

According to ECB they offered this initially to 3 phase consumers

http://www.ceb.lk/new-tariff-to-facilitate-electric-vehicles-announced/

Although cost of the meter is announced to be priced at Rs. 8,750/- I was given an estimate of Rs. 32K (Rs.8,750/- to programme the meter and Rs. 24K for others costs, break down was not given) by the way I have 30 Amp, 3 phase at home.

No one at CEB so far was able to give me answers to my simple questions on the system.

I was wondering whether any of the members or anyone known to them converted to the new tarrif just to get some details before I switch.

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, hrm said:

This doesn't have separate pedal for brakes right? Wonder how someone get used to that.

It does in fact have a brake pedal. From what I have read; with e-Pedal-ing when you let the pressure off of the accelerator pedal the brakes get applied in a "cruise to a stop" kind of manner.  Kind of like how you would brake and crawl to a stop in traffic. So if you want more aggressive or emergency braking you still do have to apply the brakes :) Besides, i believe the e-Pedal can be deactivated.

Edited by iRage
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/6/2017 at 3:47 PM, hrm said:

This doesn't have separate pedal for brakes right? Wonder how someone get used to that.

It HAS a brake pedal, but the e-brake thing is supposed to work like, take your foot off the throttle and the car stops. Basically, how fast u go depends on your throttle pedal (if that is the correct word any more) pressure. I'm not sure how violent it is, if its cruise to a stop like iRage says, like engine brakeing in manuals (which can be pretty violent in 1st :D ) or full on lock if you lift off the throttle (that word again) while doing 60. Guess its geared towards the electric world. And you need to push a button to activate ebrake.

4 hours ago, Pericles said:

It HAS a brake pedal, but the e-brake thing is supposed to work like, take your foot off the throttle and the car stops. Basically, how fast u go depends on your throttle pedal (if that is the correct word any more) pressure. I'm not sure how violent it is, if its cruise to a stop like iRage says, like engine brakeing in manuals (which can be pretty violent in 1st :D ) or full on lock if you lift off the throttle (that word again) while doing 60. Guess its geared towards the electric world. And you need to push a button to activate ebrake.

It is supposed to be like how you would cruise to a stop in an AT by slightly stepping on the brake but not going all out and coming to a quick stop.