• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

So the bills just came in from the 3 premises that I charged my vehicle in, approx mileage since purchase 2000km

Venue A- 102 units

Venue B- 132 units

Venue C- 58 units

------------------------

Total - 292 units for 2000km

Please do the math as I do not want this post to look like a Prius Insight Leaf PHEV Aqua type of thelhiganna thread, and for it to show up on

thel higanna search columns

Well the calculations will depend on how much the cost per unit is. At industrial rates, without any overhead, it's very very cheap.

Well the calculations will depend on how much the cost per unit is. At industrial rates, without any overhead, it's very very cheap.

I don't have the industrial rate, but am awaiting an EV option as soon as the CEB in my regions get equipped

Dude TIV,does ur wife drive the leaf? Cos I see a red leaf(looks exactly like urs) everyday driven by a lady.. mostly on school times..

No my parents mostly

Nice write up Tiv. The information here is quite usefull .

Whats your YOM? I remember someone saying there is a significant difference in the range of 2012 and later versions.... Say 2012 models does only 100km in one full charge and later versions 180km or something. and thats one reason the 2012 models are going cheap.

Please do keep posting and share your experience.

Edited by rover

Yea, the early models called ZEO (chassis code) have a smaller battery and a less efficient motor (80kW)

cheaper in auctions

Post 2013 they have the AZEO chassis code, they have a 24kW battery with a more efficient motor (70kW)

costlier in auctions, as in with many subtle changes, they've pumped up the range

Mines an early 2015 JDM, being the latter

To add to the OP

Also I upgraded my premises' charging circuits to Japan / OEM intended spec, took off about an hour of the overall charging time.

as our local plugs and sockets don't push beyond 13A, once upgraded they have a rating of 20A and bottom off somewhere below that, the CEB cut off AFAIK is 32A, so i'm still safe

(awaiting high end kWH gauge off ebay :) )

Theres nothing I could do on the voltage though (200V- 20A)

as of lately, one month of EV ownership, i'm doing more mods to the house because of the car :speechless-smiley-004:

Edited by tiv
  • Like 3

Hi. Im planning to buy a Nissan Leaf 2013/2014 but Confused with all the models like S Grade, G Grade, X Arrow, Tecna, azeo ect. To add more confusion there is Uk and Japanese ver. Can anyone tell me the difference / features of these models.

Brought a Leaf AZE0 (2013) X, as a daily runner to office, may eventually replace Fit GP5 as the second car considering that I can easily get what I paid for it a year back and Rs. 1 Mn. to hand. (or for eventual battery replacement if s**t happens)

My experience of two cars after two weeks

Economy: does around 6 km/KWh that works out to around Rs. 7.5 per Km. (same as GP5, 16 Km/L)

This is based on domestic connection at Rs. 45 / unit will be much cheaper if you use commercial or time based metering. By the way they have not yet implemented time based however are collecting applications. May take a while to get down to Rs. 2.5 Km. Or less with solar and net metering.

Based on recommendation in the manual I’m charging up to 80% capacity which gives me approximately 70km range discharging up to 20%, this works up to approximately 120 km effective range in Malabe – Colombo office commute (return with lights on), yet to test long distance.

Driving experience: Not as entertaining as the GP5 (S) which has more power with less weight. Acceleration is good up to about 80 kmph which makes it easier to drive in city traffic.

In cornering you feel the weight of the car and lighter steering does not gives much feel to what the front wheels are up to.

However single speed transmission and absolutely no lag when you press the accelerator makes it easier to drive fairly quickly.

Comfort: Mine is with 16 inch tyres even with 36 psi it does not feel very uncomfortable, i would say in par with GP5 16 inches.

Centre transmission tunnel or hump whatever you call it makes this strictly a two seater for adults. Children complain on less freedom to move about. GP5 has more rear leg room.

Seats are soft and not very supportive which will definitely make it uncomfortable in long journeys, which in any case will be limited due to shorter range so will not matter much in real life.

Built quality of the car does not feel as good as the GP5 and I miss little touches such as a wipe to clear the screen as you take off in intermittent wiper mode. One touch signalling for lane change which gives three blinks. Hard supportive seats with non slip upholstery. Switch gear which feels more solid.

I would say that the basic car makes the most sense as it has more controls in the main display and the radio can be swapped for something better. If you don’t have the SD card the central display will be only the reverse camera and you will lose all programming controls, clock, even climate control options.

Hi Guys,

A friend of mine has launched an app that will be helpful for EV users. Please find the details below;

Contact Person: Hiran ([email protected])

FB Page: https://www.facebook.com/SLEV-1694027120883857

App Store : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=lk.slev.mobile

Details:

What is SLEV ?

"SLEV started as a community project in order to support for Electric Vehicle owners in Sri Lanka. Even though there was a huge demand for EV’s, finding charging
stations, equipment’s and services was a considerable challenge. We started this project to address this primary issue. SLEV user friendly mobile app provides nearest
charging stations and directions to reach! And it helps you to find EV service stations and equipment’. You can get updated with latest news regarding EVs. Feel free to
be connected with EV forum."

Hope any of you get benefited from this and feel free to contact him for your suggestions and inquiries.

Thanks.

• Like 3

Hi. Im planning to buy a Nissan Leaf 2013/2014 but Confused with all the models like S Grade, G Grade, X Arrow, Tecna, azeo ect. To add more confusion there is Uk and Japanese ver. Can anyone tell me the difference / features of these models.

Since no one addressed this,

First of all, pre 2012 Leafs had the chassis code ZEO, less efficient, less range, first model to hit the roads

post 2012 / 2013 onwards they have the chassis code AZEO, longer range, bigger boot,+ many minute revisions

There are 2 streams for the above; JDM and UK versions

Under JDM, we have

S grade

X grade

G grade

+ Aero kit as per spec (not arrow)

Go to the bottom of the following for an english tab on JDM leaf equipment / trims

http://sparkev.lk/models/nissan-leaf/

Under UK leafs, we have

Visia, Visia +

Acenta, Acenta +

Tekna

as for options, refer this

http://www.nissan.co.uk/dam/services/gb/brochure/Nissan_Leaf.pdf

Most UK leafs have the 80kW motor opposed to the varied 70kW on JDM, you barely feel the added grunt and the UK leaf is heavier, thus tends to be a bit shorter in range, but more plush and equipped, they do not have the solar panel though.

UK leafs have a 220-240 13A charger with a 13A rated Square pin EVSE which is ideal and safe with our local CEB circuits, but home charging takes near the 7 hour mark whereas the JDM leaf has a 200V 20A with a NEMA 6-20 EVSE which acts as a level 2 charger locally bringing the charging time to 3.5-4.5hours but needs the socket (approx 2500LKR)

and early ZEO JDM EVSEs (pre 2012) have fried in our local circuits.

Some UK leafs do have the 6.6kW on board charger as opposed to the 3.3kW charger on JDM leafs, hence these are rare and charge faster

Not to be mean, Yes I did my research prior, but I found the above links under 5 minutes

Edited by tiv
  • Like 4

Thankx tiv. Can you share your experience with Leaf when you traveled to kandy. How was the pulling power at Kadugannawa? a guy told it will not climb hills, is it true?

A leaf not pulling hills is utter bull, it pulls very well on good tarmac. on poor roads however it tends to break traction (explained above)

Just walk into a retailer and ask a test drive, don't take my word for it

The issue is how long it can pull, climbing Kadugannawa takes about 20% of the battery (w A/C, 4 passengers, decent cargo, headlamps on).

Also it can get to Nuwara Eliya from Kandy ( continuous climb) with about 18% battery left to spare w above conditions that is.

Anyways with the new budget in play, the leaf commotion is going to be rather futile :)

• 4 weeks later...
Under JDM, we have

S grade

X grade

G grade

First of all Thanks a lot for sharing your leafy experience with us, in your opinion from the JDM versions which one is better the "S" or the "X"? (to be honest the "G" is way over my budget)

Since importing a LEAF is out of the question now, any place you recommend to go any buy?

Edited by Nuwan007lk

First of all Thanks a lot for sharing your leafy experience with us, in your opinion from the JDM versions which one is better the "S" or the "X"? (to be honest the "G" is way over my budget)

Since importing a LEAF is out of the question now, any place you recommend to go any buy?

if G is out go with X, I can't advertise on the forum mate for the car sale, pm me for more details

Hello everyone, I'm new to the LEAF world. How do you set up the power connection at home to charge the leaf? Thank you all

The best way to do is to draw a line off the main board, before the trip switch, send the line through a separate 20A or 32A breaker / or new trip (expensive)

to this you connect a 2.5mm 3 Core wire which you bring near the car, and lastly you need a Cooper 20A Nema plug to connect the EVSE to the wire. the description sounds complicated, take a look at the setup in a car sale, you'll get it

• Like 1

The best way to do is to draw a line off the main board, before the trip switch, send the line through a separate 20A or 32A breaker / or new trip (expensive)

to this you connect a 2.5mm 3 Core wire which you bring near the car, and lastly you need a Cooper 20A Nema plug to connect the EVSE to the wire. the description sounds complicated, take a look at the setup in a car sale, you'll get it

Thanks a lot mate

S and X are both same except that the X is with few more options like the multifunction and the touch AC panel.

If you are a man who loves extra options then it's the X.

But the 2014 S is same as or even lesser than the 2013 X.

Within the same year, the S is some 200k lesser

I would consider S ( multifunction can be added locally if you really need it.)

But it's your choice

You might think that the second hand market is more with the car which has lot of options

Which is not correct always in my experience

Edited by priyanka
  • Like 1

S and X are both same except that the X is with few more options like the multifunction and the touch AC panel.

If you are a man who loves extra options then it's the X.

But the 2014 S is same as or even lesser than the 2013 X.

Within the same year, the S is some 200k lesser

I would consider S ( multifunction can be added locally if you really need it.)

But it's your choice

You might think that the second hand market is more with the car which has lot of options

Which is not correct always in my experience

If you intend to use the car on the highway, cruise control is a must as it governs the car more efficiently such that you don't end up with a flat battery by the end of the trip, also having automatic climate control makes it more efficient, both of the above gives us more range end of the day, whatever we say, the bottom line is range, thus I say go for the highest grade possible!

and it is not wise to tamper with the wiring harness of an electric car, unless you can restore it to oem spec again, best leave it in oem kit.

Edited by tiv