• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

• 2 years later...
Pretty cool review, any idea if it requires special services? and how much do they charge for those fast charging?
The whole fast charging scene and related institutions are in a

Tug o war at the moment, so far only one place has a unit running,

I read on the forums they require a membership and then it's some LKR 2000 per charge,

But I am not sure as my in-house charging system is sufficient for my commute

As for the services, it has running gear similar to a normal car beyond the reduction gear ( alternative for the gearbox )

Also the suspension is similar to a conventional car, these need to be addressed when issues come along,

The service manual has step by step maintainance procedures every 5000 km, the only major one I recall was

The aircon system service, but these intervals may change according to conditions in our country.

Again, nothing major

Edited by tiv

One of a best review I have ever read on the forum.

Have you travelled to kandy in your trips ?

Yes I made two trips, I also had the dealer demonstrate a trip for me in another demo car, easily achieved, but the kadugannawa climb takes about 20% of the battery though. You'll still have 40+Km range left when you reach Kandy.

Going to colombo, u ll have 50% battery left with minimum 80km of range

Edited by tiv

Nice write up? One question, did you considered the e-Golf when you buying this?
Yes I did consider this, my dad went for the leaf purely based on the sheer volume of good reviews on the car, also the current

Model has been revised from day to day issues.

Since Volkswagen is just testing waters, we decided to stick to the leaf,

Also did some comprehensive fact finding into the BMW i3, in fact we were more into the i3,

other than it's cute Angry Puppy styling, it has the same range, the car is a bit wider, a bit brisk to Accelerate, all in all they are quite similar. The thin tyre was a bit of a buzz kill, along with the suicide doors, the interior is very nice but the boot space was not convincing,

Again solely made the decision on reviews,

Edited by tiv
  • Like 1

36psi on 17's you must be having a nice body massage:) what's the profile?

Nice write up. Thanks

215/50R17, Bridgestone ecopias

the width of the tyre works well for me,

Considering on lowering to 30psi to my spine sake, but need to consult a

Proper tyre guy, please do advice..

The lower grades come with 205/55R16 making them

A bit more usable, but with steel wheels.

Edited by tiv

Nice review. IMO, the leaf is a fantastic car for what it does, I'm srsly considering getting one next year, if prices remain more or less the same.

So far the leaf has not been caught in the current tax trends, but the forex matters have already

Made a 1-2 lakh change in prices along the range.

Yes it's a game changer of a car, no matter how much we object

This is the future.

Sorry about the multiple replies; can't seem get the multi quote working on mobile

Any tips?

Edited by tiv
  • Like 1

Tiv, thanks for a very sensible review after aeons. looking forward to read more. I parked next to a Leaf the other day. Despite how it looks, it's actually a large car. Didn't realise it until I actually managed to have a closer look like that. Had 16" wheels like you said.

What's the sort of electricity bill you guys are looking at after the addition of the Leaf?

Tiv, thanks for a very sensible review after aeons. looking forward to read more. I parked next to a Leaf the other day. Despite how it looks, it's actually a large car. Didn't realise it until I actually managed to have a closer look like that. Had 16" wheels like you said.

What's the sort of electricity bill you guys are looking at after the addition of the Leaf?

Well after going through the Leaf forums of Sri lanka, I am expecting a gain of about 10000LKR , deal is I don't use it everyday for a month, so my values may not be accurate if one is intending to purchase this as a primary vehicle.

A very nice gentlemen whom I met due to the ownership of the leaf said that he only gets a bill of 3000-4000 additional for the car, and that is his daily runner.

Besides in the hills, we don't have a dire need to run aircons in the house so the bills are pretty much the usual small sum, any changes from the leaf will show a marked increase.

So I have wait till the bill comes for a solid number

I am on the same size on 17's and 29 psi. still the ride is stiff on rough roads than my previous set up.

be careful for pot holes on 36psi .

The car is very stable, and has very good suspension travel, cushions bumps with ease, the I guess the profile ruins it all.

Edited by tiv

• 2 weeks later...

To further add to my review, an interesting experience I had minutes ago,

Insane downpour today in my locality and upon returning from a minor commute, I decided to overtake this bus, twisty road of course, heavy pour

In a rather inattentive manner I just floored it, muscle memory from the hilux I guess, The car did its usual thing whirring it in to pace, but to my horror the thing broke traction halfway and went into a severe skid,

I was in the oncoming lane almost sideways with traffic and to my amazement the ESP sorta totally locked the right wheels getting the car in track in a whip like manner which pushed me towards the bus, but luckily he slowed down in time and I managed to swoop back into my lane in front of him,

So after many, "nooleng beruna neda" , "parissamin yanna sir" and "himeeta yanna putha" s

I made it home, so far no damages on flashight, but I'm yet to see what sunlight will reveal on the car. Btw its a new car thus tyres at 98% probably 34PSI

So my point is, be very careful with EVs as this, as that burst in acceleration tends to break traction in bad weather / poor grip situations, be it ESP or some god given program, if the window is to narrow or the minute delay in the program can send you to a certain doom along with others. So don't count on it fully.

Therefore please be careful.

Thanks

Edited by tiv
  • Like 3

Good to hear you are safe. So the point is you should not floor it when road is wet ?

Yes, I hope a member with a UK leaf would translate the messages the Japanese woman bloats when the traction control works!

Thanks a lot :)

21 Units from flat from local sources, I've never pushed below 20% so I get around 10-14 units per charge, Roughly 3 hours

awaiting bills though

AFAIK the highest slab is at 45rs,

And anyways my domestic usage is way above that slab scheme, so i'm sure the rate will have crossed over to the highest slab when I plug the car.

Plenty of announced incentives from the CEB via media, except that when asked from my local station, they have no clue whatsoever

• 2 weeks later...

So the bills just came in from the 3 premises that I charged my vehicle in, approx mileage since purchase 2000km

Venue A- 102 units

Venue B- 132 units

Venue C- 58 units

------------------------

Total - 292 units for 2000km

Please do the math as I do not want this post to look like a Prius Insight Leaf PHEV Aqua type of thelhiganna thread, and for it to show up on

thel higanna search columns

Edited by tiv