• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Car Airfreshner

Nissan cdj

Today i went to arpico super center to buy some automotive products.so i found so many air freshners in various flavours and designs and therefore tht voided my choice too.there were poppy (grace mate) ambipur and sonny car airfresh

thnx in advancener which clips to the a/c vent etc.

so i would like to hv a survey on this as which is worth for the money we spend and which long lasts and which is more reliable and give out more fragrance.

so it would be appreciated if u share ur experience on car air freshners in this forum considering the points i hv mentioned above

thnx in advance

I now use this "black Ice" by little trees.....that stick like thing you can hang on the mirror.Amazing fragrance..it has a cover scale for around 2 month which you can remove week by week so it doesn't over fragrance...I have used those ones you can clip on the vents...but i have had very bad experiences by two of them leaked and melted my dash and vents...bdw i havn't tried ambipur yet...seems to be a bit good solid unit by the look...

I think we had a similar thread sometime back but can’t find it at the moment.

As a note of advice, I would say you should avoid those thingies that hang on to the A/C vents.

On a sunny day, if you park under the hot sun, you will never know when those things would leak and melt you’re a/c vents and dash board. Trust me because I have had a similar experience.

Same thing can happen if you use those crystalline type air fresheners which would melt due to heat. Those things are manufactured for indoor use such as bathrooms and cupboards not for cars. Check the below thread for details.

http://forum.autolanka.com/topic/8246-damaged-dashboard-air-freshener/

I think those tree shaped thingies are the safest since they don’t melt or evaporate but they are not long lasting.

The reality is all those artificial are fresheners generate artificial odors which might be harmful to your health. So, the safest thing would be to keep your car interior as clean as possible so that you don’t need any air fresheners. That’s what I do. :)

• Like 2

I don't think the spray type would last long inside a car. Haven't tried it but i think it would evaporate very fast. probably within hours.
But the gel type is fairly Ok. I have used them and they don't melt like the crystalline types. Holds it's smell for around 2-3 weeks.

Ambipur seems to gives a nice mild fragrance (specially the Pacific Air one). I've also tried a couple of California Scents Organic Air Freshners from ebay that lasted a while.

What I'am really after is a good under seat air freshener. Tried finding a decent one in SL without much luck. All seem to be chinese crap which may not be good for your health :sad-smiley-066:.

• 8 months later...
And air wick is worth for the money we pay rytit was just Rs 95 /= 4 months ago and now its 105/=

I have been using this for a while but I'm getting some bad headaches after a drive,I wonder if this is cancerous to use in a closed environment like in car without proper ventilation?..

• Like 2

I think we had a similar thread sometime back but can’t find it at the moment.

As a note of advice, I would say you should avoid those thingies that hang on to the A/C vents.

On a sunny day, if you park under the hot sun, you will never know when those things would leak and melt you’re a/c vents and dash board. Trust me because I have had a similar experience.

Same thing can happen if you use those crystalline type air fresheners which would melt due to heat. Those things are manufactured for indoor use such as bathrooms and cupboards not for cars. Check the below thread for details.

http://forum.autolanka.com/topic/8246-damaged-dashboard-air-freshener/

I think those tree shaped thingies are the safest since they don’t melt or evaporate but they are not long lasting.

The reality is all those artificial are fresheners generate artificial odors which might be harmful to your health. So, the safest thing would be to keep your car interior as clean as possible so that you don’t need any air fresheners. That’s what I do. :)

This.I have read some articles saying that these air fresheners release a chemical called phthalates that contribute to various health and sterile issues..Should stop using them.And also leaving an orange peel in your car makes it smell realy fresh.

Just wandering if you get those charcoal odor eliminators in SL ? When the kid was small he started sneezing at every airfreshner I tried no matter how mild it was or whether it was gel, liquid, scented paper things, etc...Eventually wife insisted on using the charcoal boxes to eliminate the odors...three years on we still use it and seems to be working quite well for us (at least mentally we seem to think so). There were also scented charcoal boxes which also didn't work for us and to be honest didn't make sense (loosely translated the label stated charcoal air freshner ........absorbs odors).

If it gives you a headache it's probably reacting with your nasal mucosa and blocking your sinuses. That's worsened by the AC. Better avoid it if so.

Orange peel sounds like a simple yet brilliant idea!

Try it.Works really good, orange peels has this natural oil in them last about a month before drying up totally.unlike synthetic its really fresh inside.:D

• 1 year later...

Guys, have any of you tried this air freshner? I did some research and found out this is one of the best in the world... so thought of giving it a shot... any of you have any experience with this one?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/OZIUM-3-5-OZ-SPRAY-AIR-FRESHENER-SANITIZER-SMOKE-ODOR-ELIMINATOR-/111538063098?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=&hash=item19f82fc6fa

Guys, have any of you tried this air freshner? I did some research and found out this is one of the best in the world... so thought of giving it a shot... any of you have any experience with this one?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/OZIUM-3-5-OZ-SPRAY-AIR-FRESHENER-SANITIZER-SMOKE-ODOR-ELIMINATOR-/111538063098?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=&hash=item19f82fc6fa

Use the following thread next time when u post something regarding ebay or online shopping

http://forum.autolanka.com/topic/11997-cool-ebay-gadgets-for-cars/page-21#entry278458

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I used the 'California Scents - Cherry Blossom' spray.... It was really really good... I got a lot of compliments for that... The reason I used the spray was, we can use it only whenever we want so it will last long... I searched everywhere in Sri Lanka to find that spray but couldnt find and it is too costly to order it online :( It eliminates odor and just 2 sprays the car smells like a flower garden....

In the journey of finding my signature air-freshner my second selection was 'Ambi-pur - Spring' spray... Most people say that its good and lasts long... But it doesnt last long in my car... It needs to be sprayed daily whereas, the california scent's 2 spray shots lasted over a week and a bit more.... I know that mostly the ambipur-lavenders and vanilla is what's recommended the most but the vanilla smell makes me puke so I tried this spring and it didn't work.... it failed!

My next try is to find "OZIUM- OZ 3.5" air-freshner... waiting till someone comes from overseas to get one of it...

Anyway I highly recommend the 'California Scents - Cherry Blossom' spray....

Edited by PreseaLover