• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Interior Cleaning Is Good Or Bad

Nissan cdj

Interior cleaning is good since it gives back the original interior condition if the interior was as it is.and my problem is i got to know that the chemical they use to clean the seat's velvet and the interor velvet are not good for the velvet.I mean due to use of such chemicals it will lead to rot the seats and interior velvets soon.

so i wanna get clarify about this doubt from you experrtise whether. it is so or not ?

Thnx in advance

Interior cleaning is a DIY job. Go to the nearest supermarket, get some cleaning products (a decent brand like Autoglym or Armorall) get a couple of beers and a few packets of murukku, get some old toothbrushes, clean rags, couple of spanners, flat/philips screwdrivers and you are good to go. If you do it yourself, you don't need to worry about getting cheap sh*t on your velvet that can ruin it. Just do it on a hot sunny day...

• Like 1

Thnx for the helpful reply crosswind.will say tht we can do the interior part wht abt the seats ?

Buy a good car upholstery cleaner fabric/vinyl or a simple interior cleaner spray...same product...always works for me....just spray and leave it for a minute or so and wipe the seat with a clean cloth....

When i had to buy a new set set to my van the proprietor of tht seat shop said do not take it to service stations to clean/wash ur seats it will lead to rot the seats soon due to the chemicals they use as i hv bn adviced by him i am afraid of doing a full interior cleanup from a service station as schiffer said its okay bt stilll i hv the doubt

If you are concerned about stuff getting sprayed on seats, go to a place where they would use an upholstery/carpet cleaning machine. The machine use water + mild liquid detergent + some anti-forming agent, no special chemicals as such. You can even ask them what detergent they use.

The machine definitely works better on the fabric (as opposed to spraying detergent and wiping with a cloth) because it sprays and vacuum suck the liquid back, leaving no residue. The fabric will be dry in a couple of hours.

I got a full interior clean done on my vehicle 2 days ago from a reputed place. The interior looks brand new but the stuff they used to clean has caused such a lot of issues. The the indicator/headlight switch, the wiper switches, most of the power window switches are all not working! I obviously took it back to them the next morning but they are speechless. Except for 'hulan allanawa' and letting it dry, they have no idea what to do. I am sure it will come good on its own if we had a hot sunny day (which we haven't in the last 2 days), but this can't be good for the metal contacts in these switches. I explicitly told them not to spray the inside with that shiny thing and to just use a damp cloth.

This is just my experience and it is the first time it has happened, not that I usually get the interior cleaned. I usually do it but decided to give it out this time since there was a lot of mud/sand inside the car after a recent trip.

+1 Crosswind. Unfortunately, most people these days are either too busy or lazy to wash their own cars, let alone do a DIY interior clean-up.

Interior cleaning is good as long as you are using the correct cleaning products. Taking care of leather is much much different than fabric surfaces for exmple. Just buy what is required for your car, depending on the type of interior. Follow the instructions set by the manufacturer of the product and clean away.

Thnx for the helpful reply crosswind.will say tht we can do the interior part wht abt the seats ?

For fabric seats, I use a good foam cleaner. Just be as gentle as possible. For leather, frequent use of a conditioner will prevent the surfaces from cracking and losing it's texture.

Edited by Davy

Tx Schiffer and guys i thought to add another 2 snaps. as Crosswind said it's DIY job.

just keep the things which u need & turn on your stereo. its easy.no bla bla complaints at all.... :sport-smiley-004:

nicely done mahesh it's looking good mate good job +1 to DIY. btw is that a toy or teddy bear puppy i see in the background. :P

Edited by nexus

If there's excessive dirt on the seats, you can remove them, clean them with a mild detergent, keep them in the sun until they get bone dry and fix them back.

All you need is a couple of spanners and a screwdriver. Hope you are not one of the Sirasa TV generation guys who dont know how to use basic tools.

Thnxxx for the reply crosswind my seats doesn't hv much dirt to be seen but when i hit the sit it will emit more dust wht should i do to remove the dust inside the seat sponge i don't have a vaccume too and then wull somehow i removed the dust and then is it okay using dash upholstery cleaner if. i am using dash how is the procedure

thnxx crosswind

Wht do u ppl think about dash uphostery cleaner spray ? is it good and does it has the power to do the job

You mean the liquid advertised to 'clean and protect vinyl and leather'? I've used it on my car dashboard without any problem. It dries to a semi gloss shine.

Jaliya its upholstery ans carpet cleaner it has been stated in the bottle as tht

That's not what I use. Mine is in a stubby yellow bottle for use on vinyl and leather only. It says it can be used as a tyre shine as well (!) Made by Multichemi industries, Sri Lanka.