• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Wiper Blades Make A Sqeaky Sound

dushanf

Question

Hi everyone,

Hope you all are doing well. One of my wipers were making a sqeaky sound for a long time and for some other reason I had to replace my windscreen and I got hold of a genuine one from the agents itself. I also changed my wiper blades at the same time hoping that the sqeaky sound will go away. I got hold of NWB wiper blades since I got to know they are very good.

But after all these, still the same wiper is making that noise :-( I used good windscreen washing aid but still the same even when going in heavy rain. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much.

2 answers to this question

Are you sure the noise is due to blade rubbing against the glass and not from the wiper mechanism? If it is coming from blade, just observe if it is sort of vibrating when going over the glass and make a sort of purr sound. If so you may have to check the wiper mechanism for excessive play at the pivot joints.

Wiper blade may not be sitting correctly with the required pressure against the windshield due to aged spring or an issue with the wiper mechanism. My car also shows the similar noise and the mechanic advised me to do something ( which involved some lathe work) which I don't really remember now :)