• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Place To Clean Tail Lights

ashan82

Dear Experts

need to clean tail lights of my car, Mazda Axela 2004, coz bit of water inside (in both sides) and also it appears some moisture on the cover as well

appreciate if you can share any good place to clean this up as it seems that the light cover should remove/open to get this done

Couple of things;

>This is a common issue with Mazda 3/Axela, RX-8 etc.

>Your taillight is not glued to the housing, it's ultrasonic welded. Opening it up may take some work compared to a glued light and since none of our shops do US welding (afaik), it will never be back to original status - however I have seen people achieving a good seal.

>One common cause of water getting into the taillight are the worn gasket between the light and the body. Since yours is 2004, this could very much be a likely cause. Hence if you don't replace or properly set the gaskets when fixing the light back, your problem might come back sooner rather than later.

taillight is not glued to the housing, it's ultrasonic welded. Opening it up may take some work compared to a glued light and since none of our shops do US welding (afaik), it will never be back to original status - however I have seen people achieving a good seal.

Good info, thanks vishkid

Couple of things;

>This is a common issue with Mazda 3/Axela, RX-8 etc.

>Your taillight is not glued to the housing, it's ultrasonic welded. Opening it up may take some work compared to a glued light and since none of our shops do US welding (afaik), it will never be back to original status - however I have seen people achieving a good seal.

>One common cause of water getting into the taillight are the worn gasket between the light and the body. Since yours is 2004, this could very much be a likely cause. Hence if you don't replace or properly set the gaskets when fixing the light back, your problem might come back sooner rather than later.

Thanks vishkid sharing this valuable info