• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Nissan Cefiro A33 Power Steering

cefiroA33

Question

Hi All,

I would first of all like to thank AUTOLANKA for accepting my membership and for almost five or six months i was viewing your posts. Keep up the good work AUTO LANKA and the expert members.

My problem is i am having a Nissan Cefiro A33 2000 model and my power steering seems bit hard. I ve been regularly maintaining my car as i love it very much and during the periodic service i asked A*W about it and they simply doesnt feel its tight and told that its the nature of cefiro as its engine is heavy.

apologize if i am asking a silly question, but can u guys tell me whether any defect in the steering system and its pump is visible from outside (like a oil leak you observe during service)? Does the steering of the Cefiro is bit tight as they claim?

thanks guys. cheers!!!

10 answers to this question

When you say tight, in comparison to what? Steering feel differs from car to car.

Are you oil level OK. Check if the oil level is where it should be. Check your belt and see if it is loose.

Are your front tires inflated to the proper pressure? Any abnormal sound coming from the steering pump, especially when you are turning? Sometimes you could be leaking fluid in to your rack boots an you will not see it till they fill up and come out through the locks.

HI guys,

Thank your for your responses.

Well VVTi I would say that the tightness is when I try to turn the steering when its stopped. I have driven some other cars like Mazda Axela, Toyota yaris, Corolla, Presea etc. but never felt uncomfortable turning the steering without vehicle being moved.

Anyways the oil levels are ok and the power steering hose also changed very recently. I didnt want to touch the pump without getting any confirmation that its truly a fault.

There has not been any oil leaks visible but first i would check the pump as u guys mentioned.

Thanks again guys.

Cheers!!!

VVTi,

The tightness is there since i purchased it. Thats when I asked about it from A*W and got their response. It didnt change over the time though.

I started worrying only after one of my friend who drove the car told me that my steering is tight.

Thanks

Look, if your freind was used to a softer steering, he will find the Cefiro steering tight. Keep in mind the Cefiro has a V6 engine up front that will make the car front heavy especially when it is stationery. If your freind is used to driving a 1000 cc Nissan March then he will not be the best person to comment about this. There is no point in you getting all worked up. If there are no leaks, no noise coming from the steering pump/rack, no other abnormal indications, and if A*W themselves says there is no issue then I would say just drive thr car without worrying about all these things due to what someone else said.

Steering firmness is very relative.

Edited by VVTi