• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Sun Roof Issue Kia Sorento 2013

Archfiend

Question

Hi Guys,

I've been noticing some strange issue with my sunroof. Since last month whenever I open the sunroof it won't get closed fully. It opens without an issue but when I hit the close it comes half way through and just reopens back. I Know these windows have safety feature that they re open when meet with an obstacle. I checked the railing and everything for an obstacle but non to be found. Right now I got to help the poor bugger to close it with a little push. Then I have had replaced my battery two days back to see whether it solves the problem but unfortunately NO.

Is this common with sun roofs or its just me. What could be the issue and could you suggest me a good place to get this sorted out?

Thanx in Advance.

Please bear with me if I'm being too silly on this. But I'm completely new to these facts considering against you gurus.

7 answers to this question

If this helps, I had a similar kind of an issue sometime ago in my Lancer sunroof, culprit was the ECU attached to the sunroof. It was fixed by this joint in Maharagama. Assuming yours is still under warranty why don’t you take it to the agents?

Edited by Simplelife

Oh Good Lord! , I thought the problem was very shallow with a small fix like greasing and all. Never thought of such a huge one. Thanks for the reply guys. On my way to the agents.

Had the same issue with our sorrento, its an electrical issue apparently, best thing to do is take it to the agents. You may have to go and do some yelling to get the point across because they aren't exactly brilliant at customer service.

One of my friend had a very bad experience with KIA agents as they entertain, repairs under warranty "only on Tuesday". He went to agents all the way from Kandy for a minor repair and they refused to attend to it since it was a Monday.

Be careful with these people.....

Edited by udayap

Sometimes the the lubricant in the rails get fried in our hot weather. So the sunroof would go back easily but struggle to close because of the way cables are aligned. Does it close very slowly before it stop and retracts?

No point buying a sorento without sunroofs. that's one of the best options in the car.