• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Government Special Notice - Deadline For Converting Old Driving License To New Driving License

Podi Lamaya

So for the heck of it I went in the morning today to convert my license to the new one. LKR 750 for the Medical check. Would you beleive it, yours truly failed the medical check.. :) All those beers and BBQs are catching up on me... the good pretty government doctor told me to come again after reducing my pressure... :) I wont mind, was a bit of a hottie and I am wondering whose pressure went uip and when i raised my shirt to show her my rock hard abs... ;)

(she asks you to raise your shirt and show her your abs, left your pants up and show her your knees and all kinds of other wiered shite... :))

As for my High BP, getting a second opinion as I am seriosly suspiicious of the way they checked for BP.

If you guys go, get there by 7am, wait in line, the security officer will ask you to come for the medical inside after 7am and forma queue, DO NOT WEAR shoes, just flip flops would do as they will ask you to remove them when you enter and its a hassle to keep them outside, wear a T shirt and a loose pair of pants as they ask you to show your knee flexibility.

Do not take anything other than your wallet, ID and old license. No phones allowed insed as well. They ask you to switch them off if you do have.

Also if you suspect of having BP or such, make sur eyou take your meds and go, they check for your Blood sugar so make sure you have a good breakfast and go.

I know.. Sri Lanka... :)

Also, be preapred to sit there and wait tiil 12noon or after to get your license.

And mind you, most if not all staff are rude bastards. The only time in their pathetic lives they get to show some authority to people and they treat you like shite. Imagine, being shouted at while your pants are raised knee high, shirt raised chest high and you are barefoot... :)

A guy from the East was in line next to me and they kept referring to him by his race, and not by his name. No wonder we had issues with the Eastern Boys at one point in this country's history. Totally legit IMHO.

Avoid the canteen. food is crap... tender given to the lowest bidder with expected results and quailty.

Loo usage costs LKR10... to pee :)

WTF? you serious about all these medical checks just for a license??? I went through less with the army.

Why else would the army do such testsdude? To enlist of course :P

:) same happened to me too on enlistment but I thought it's for something else as I saw Jdnet in US or somewhere with new sentra. Edited by Charith H Jayasinghe

Thank you VVTi for the colorful details but please keep your BP in check. Does anyone know what is expected in abdominal inspection (I do not think they ask you to show the lower part)in this exam????. BTW this reminds me of a medical exam (it was for a visa purpose either to Japan or to ME when I was in my early 20s) in which I was asked to lay down with my pants down and the lady doctor holding my scrotum asked me to cough! :sport-smiley-004:

I think abdominal inspection is a sort of RMV way of checking waist/hip ratio. Its a tool to assess the risk of getting non communicable diseases like diabetes, Hypertension, etc. Surely she has forgotten the hip measurements due to VVTis 6 packs!.

I think abdominal inspection is a sort of RMV way of checking waist/hip ratio. Its a tool to assess the risk of getting non communicable diseases like diabetes, Hypertension, etc. Surely she has forgotten the hip measurements due to VVTis 6 packs!.

ROFL... :) True that... my 6 packs are more like Extra large 5 gallon beer barrels... :)

Lol. Are you using Horana - Rathnapura rd frequently? .

once or twice a month, on my way to Monaragala/Batti. Last time was about a month ago. And that was with Bugatti... but most probabvly next week I will go again.

Edited by VVTi

I got my old license changed to a new one back in 2011 but didn't have this so-called medical exam. wtf?

are u sure u walked in to RMV and not to some prison camp?

Same here, mine was changed in Oct 2010. No medical check.

once or twice a month, on my way to Monaragala/Batti. Last time was about a month ago. And that was with Bugatti... but most probabvly next week I will go again.

Well its my daily route.Are you travelling in your forester?

• 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Getting life to an old thread.

My driving license was faded and even difficult to see my face on it. And most of the times, when police stopped me for various reasons, their face turned red when they see my driving license.

So I thought of putting to an end of this. Tomorrow I'm planning to go to the RMV in Werahera and renew the driving license. Not planning to go for one day service since I'm not in an emergency and they will give you a temporary license till you are getting the license through post.

According to the information on this thread, it is better if I can go there by 7.00 a.m. in the morning. And I need to take my old driving license and the NIC. Wear slippers, loose pants and a T-shirt.

Questions :

Has this process been changed?

Is there a application form that I need to download, fill it and take with me

Can I get a medical certificate from outside and provide it? If so do they accept medical certificates from any doctor?

Thanks

According to http://www.motortraffic.gov.lk/web/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=115&Itemid=141〈=en there is a difference in the process (and the part with loose pants perhaps :D) depending on the type of the license.

I think they have changed the procedure now, they dot accept medical certificates issued by independent doctors (even for light vehicles) , thus you have to under go a medical at transport medical center.

According to http://www.motortraffic.gov.lk/web/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=115&Itemid=141〈=en there is a difference in the process (and the part with loose pants perhaps :D) depending on the type of the license.

I think they have changed the procedure now, they dot accept medical certificates issued by independent doctors (even for light vehicles) , thus you have to under go a medical at transport medical center.