• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Lancer Cs1 (2008 Model) - Head Lamps

Podi Lamaya

Hi All,

As you all can remember, my lancer met with an accident some days back. I am going to put in to the garage on this weekend. I am going to buy the headlamp today. But the prices of right hand side head lamps are insanely high. After a good 2 days of effort, got the prices from 10 - 12 places.

• Agent Price (Brand New): Rs.64,000
  • Delkanda/Wijerama Price (Brand New): Rs.45,000
  • Reconditioned Lights: Rs.15,000 - 18,000

I was searching for a good quality reconditioned light. But almost all the reconditioned lights had some sort of issue (faded, deep scratches, cracks at edges etc.). Therefore I have decided to go ahead with a brandnew headlamp (yes, money matters since the car is not fully insured. But no other option since the other head lamp is in near brand new condition). Few questions for experts.

1. Are these brand new headlamps from Delaknda area genuine ones? How can I verify? (e.g. comes with Mitsubishi branded box, Mitsubishi logo or text embedded in head light)

2. Can you suggest some auto parts shops to get brand new lights for reasonable price? (even very good quality reconditioned parts shops also fine).

lvsb.jpg

Hi Machan...

As a fellow lancer owner and a lancer fan, it breaks my heart to see your photo.. Can totally understand the situation also. Having one light as brand new while the replacement is not up to the par would be a clearly noticeable difference.

My advice, keep the agent as the last resort. Call Mahinda (Person Davy told you about) his prices are reasonable and his parts are also good. tell him that your left hand side lamp is looking brand new and you are looking for equal quality part. Make an appointment and visit the place.

And did you try Euronippon Wadduwa? They have a huge stock of all types of lamps.

If all above goes wrong only try the Delkanda brand new ones. I' sorry i dont know how to elaborate you the ways to identify whether they are really genuine or not.. hope other members in the forum will give some insight on it.. (OEM manufacture is STANLY i believe)

this is just my opinion and what i would do if i were you.. Hope you'll be able to find a good quality lamp for a reasonable price..

All the best..

Hi All,

As you all can remember, my lancer met with an accident some days back. I am going to put in to the garage on this weekend. I am going to buy the headlamp today. But the prices of right hand side head lamps are insanely high. After a good 2 days of effort, got the prices from 10 - 12 places.

• Agent Price (Brand New): Rs.64,000
  • Delkanda/Wijerama Price (Brand New): Rs.45,000
  • Reconditioned Lights: Rs.15,000 - 18,000

I was searching for a good quality reconditioned light. But almost all the reconditioned lights had some sort of issue (faded, deep scratches, cracks at edges etc.). Therefore I have decided to go ahead with a brandnew headlamp (yes, money matters since the car is not fully insured. But no other option since the other head lamp is in near brand new condition). Few questions for experts.

1. Are these brand new headlamps from Delaknda area genuine ones? How can I verify? (e.g. comes with Mitsubishi branded box, Mitsubishi logo or text embedded in head light)

2. Can you suggest some auto parts shops to get brand new lights for reasonable price? (even very good quality reconditioned parts shops also fine).

• Like 1

Hi Machan...

As a fellow lancer owner and a lancer fan, it breaks my heart to see your photo.. Can totally understand the situation also. Having one light as brand new while the replacement is not up to the par would be a clearly noticeable difference.

My advice, keep the agent as the last resort. Call Mahinda (Person Davy told you about) his prices are reasonable and his parts are also good. tell him that your left hand side lamp is looking brand new and you are looking for equal quality part. Make an appointment and visit the place.

And did you try Euronippon Wadduwa? They have a huge stock of all types of lamps.

If all above goes wrong only try the Delkanda brand new ones. I' sorry i dont know how to elaborate you the ways to identify whether they are really genuine or not.. hope other members in the forum will give some insight on it.. (OEM manufacture is STANLY i believe)

this is just my opinion and what i would do if i were you.. Hope you'll be able to find a good quality lamp for a reasonable price..

All the best..

Thanks for the detailed information mate. But I didn't get the contact number of the spare parts guy (Mahinda).

Do you know the shop name /location or contact number of this spare parts guy. Great help. Thanks.

Thanks for the detailed information mate. But I didn't get the contact number of the spare parts guy (Mahinda).

Do you know the shop name /location or contact number of this spare parts guy. Great help. Thanks.

Mahinda - 0714762223 his yard is at panchi i believe

Got to agree with trinity. That's how I would have done it myself if I was in the situation.

Mahinda has a shop in Panchi, his warehouse is at Kaduwela (Weliwita). I actually checked with him and he mentioned that he's got the stuff. Mind you his stuff is OEM reconditioned, they should be in pretty much the same condition as the ones you found at Delkanda. If you're lucky, you'll find one in good shape.

Good luck!

Hi trinity & all,

Thanks for the contact number and place. I have visited the Weliwita warehouse as well. I was able to find a very good quality (almost brand new condition) head light. Unfortunately there was only one light and it got a damaged edge. So, that left me no choice other than buying a new headlight. Then I bought a brand new head light for Rs.40,000/= from a place called "Mirai Auto Land" at Delkanda. It is a genuine Mitsubishi light which came in original Mitsubishi box. Still it is lot cheaper than company price (Rs.64,000).

• 3 years later...

Davy+MADZ, Thanks. According to the information provided by you guys, I visited Mahinda's place one year back to purchase left Axel for my CS1.The unit was available with him and happy with his cost. However, I never thought he is dealing also with Auto lights. I will contact him