• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Registration Of New Permit Vehicles Restricted!

edsal

Hi Guys, I heard that the Registrar of motor vehicles will not register any permit vehicle from today unless the new owner produces a clearance letter from the income tax department. Any of you guys can confirm if this is true?

which means there is a possibility of change in the price of registered vehicles?

which means there is a possibility of change in the price of registered vehicles?

dont know about the registered, but the price of the vehicles which are offered for the permit is increased with effect from 5th august 2013, due to the tax revision.

Edited by priyanka

I too heard of this, but came to know its a rumor spread by sellers to jack up the prices ! NOT TRUE !

it s not a rumor............... just call unit*d motors and ask the price for a montero, gone up by 8 laks or something.

and the CIF limit also uplifted to 35000 usd, so prado, discovery are also allowed.

Edited by priyanka

it s not a rumor............... just call unit*d motors and ask the price for a montero, gone up by 8 laks or something.

and the CIF limit also uplifted to 35000 usd, so prado, discovery are also allowed.

Did they mentioned about 35000usd? What will happen to already ordered Luxury cars?

So this closes the loop hole that people used to bring fully loaded versions of basic models that where allowed for the permit.

As if they are cough undervaluing to bring into the given CIF range they will have to pay the full Duty for the vehicle, Which is Rs. 19.5 for a montero (as told by the company.)

And permit holders should be extremely careful as to who they are selling the permit and what he is going to do with it because if the person who bought it imports something above the values he will lose permits for the rest of his working days and also may kind of lose his job.

And the price has increased by around 1mill. Not sure of the calculations.

Hi Guys, I heard that the Registrar of motor vehicles will not register any permit vehicle from today unless the new owner produces a clearance letter from the income tax department. Any of you guys can confirm if this is true?

Yes it is 100% correct. If the new owner is a tax payer, No problem.

• 5 months later...
Hi Brother,

What do you mean by tax payer? if it is payee tax(against salary) is it OK?

mazda axela,

Tax Payer means, a person have to have a income which is taxable. More information you can find by telephone 1919.

It is always better to pay income tax without avoiding. If you have a very high income.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

mazda axela,

Tax Payer means, a person have to have a income which is taxable. More information you can find by telephone 1919.

It is always better to pay income tax without avoiding. If you have a very high income.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Thanks for your reply brother

Edited by mazda axela

I'm curious too.. so does this apply to just permit vehicle transfers or ALL transfers? Cos though I see the reasoning behind the need for such a letter, I dont know why it would be limited just to permit vehicles.

PS: Mazda Axela, machang are you and sylvi real-life brothers?

Edited by Watchman