• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Hatchback For 3-5 Mil

zeristo

Question

Im looking forward to buying a sporty hatchback for day to day use and for some long drives on weekends. My requirements are

a) fun to drive ( good handling )

B) sufficient power ( unlike under powered JDMs available in SL)

c) 3-5 mil price tag

d) easy maintenance ( availability of spares )

e) good sporty looks

f) would be nice if it had paddle shifts

Im planning to put larger alloys with wide low profile tyres.

Kindly suggest some cars my dear friends at Autolanka forum !

Thanks.

19 answers to this question

If you want a brand new one you could checkout the Volkswagen Polo.Also try Suzuki Swift Sports,Honda Fit RS.If you want very good performance and Fun and wouldn't mind a two door try a Honda Civic EP3 Type R. There was one for sale sometime back

Edited by kelum_wj

Hi Crosswind,

I tried to Google to get spec for this vehicle , but found that this model has lot of variants,

http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/reviews/facts-and-figures/ford/focus/hatchback-2011/

if you can identify this variant at a glance , please specify it or just mention the power and torque figures.

i am just interested (no big deal -:))

Hi Crosswind,

I tried to Google to get spec for this vehicle , but found that this model has lot of variants,

http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/reviews/facts-and-figures/ford/focus/hatchback-2011/

if you can identify this variant at a glance , please specify it or just mention the power and torque figures.

i am just interested (no big deal - :))

This is a 100 BHP, Trend trim (as opposed to the higher-spec Ghia trim)

There are so many variants of these. You can get the entire list of options by going to Ford Etis Website if you have the chassis number.

Go to http://www.etis.ford.com/vehicleSelection.do

Enter a Chassis number (you can enter a sample chassis number WF0HXXWPDHBL53625 from the net)

You will get the list of options

• Like 2

There are so many variants of these. You can get the entire list of options by going to Ford Etis Website if you have the chassis number.

Enter a Chassis number (you can enter a sample chassis number WF0HXXWPDHBL53625 from the net)

Thank u for the descriptive answer.

Useful post Crosswind.

there's no sporty hatch from japanese makers ?

VW polo looks good, havent seen even one on road till now !

contacted vw SL but no automatic or paddle shifters :(

Looks like cheap vw s made in INDIA :(

Yes the model that S3nok is selling in SL is assembled in India with some parts being sourced from India.

The engine is German but they couldn't exactly pinpoint what parts were from India. They were selling the 1.2l and 1.6l versions.

Had sold about 3-4 units of the 1.2l version.

The 1.6L high line spec was 3.95mil brand new from India when i checked it out 2months ago.

I would go for one of these

1.) Honda Fit Hybrid, (you get the paddle-shift gears)

2.) Suzuki Swift Sports

3.) Toyota Aqua (its not that sporty though but its a good lil car imo),

4.) Toyota Vitz RS

5.) Honda CRZ

How on earth is a RX8 Easy maintenance??

I would go for one of these

1.) Honda Fit Hybrid, (you get the paddle-shift gears)

2.) Suzuki Swift Sports

4.) Toyota Vitz RS

Do you get the Fit RS (Hybrid or Gasoline) in SL? The RS has some slightly harder suspension and the gear changes are a bit more crispier than the standard (at least feels as such).

Suzuki Swift Sport is nice; a few months ago they released a RS version in Japan which is a bit more cheaper than the Sport but still has the same (similar) underpinnings as the Sport and feels pretty good (wife wanted to test drive so we did...unfortunately they didn't have the Sport)

Also for curiosity, how does the pricing work out for these things between CVT and 6M/T ? For example, in Japan the 6M/T Swift sport is about $1000 cheaper than the CVT..., I believe the FIT RS was also something like that...

Do you get the Fit RS (Hybrid or Gasoline) in SL? The RS has some slightly harder suspension and the gear changes are a bit more crispier than the standard (at least feels as such).

Suzuki Swift Sport is nice; a few months ago they released a RS version in Japan which is a bit more cheaper than the Sport but still has the same (similar) underpinnings as the Sport and feels pretty good (wife wanted to test drive so we did...unfortunately they didn't have the Sport)

Also for curiosity, how does the pricing work out for these things between CVT and 6M/T ? For example, in Japan the 6M/T Swift sport is about $1000 cheaper than the CVT..., I believe the FIT RS was also something like that...

i have seen hyvrid fit rs but not a gasoline yet.

I used a VW Polo for about a year. It was a 2002 and was pretty banged up when I bought it. Surprisingly, didn't give me any trouble when I was running it daily. Decent power for it's size, handles quite well but not as well as it could. I would imagine a Golf would be a blast to drive.

VW Scirocco - Looks awesome and has the guts from the Golf if I'm not mistaken, not sure if available in SL though.

Mazda 3 Hatch - They also did a Mazdaspeed version

Hyundai has a new hatch but I forgot it's name. Looks amazing!

Honda CRZ - a hybrid though, might lack the grunt for your liking.

there's no sporty hatch from japanese makers ?

VW polo looks good, havent seen even one on road till now !

contacted vw SL but no automatic or paddle shifters :(

Looks like cheap vw s made in INDIA :(

Saw on FB today, Senok had advertised the new VW POLO 1.2L TSI with the 7 speed DSG Auto box. Of course again this assembled in India.

Probably will be in the price range your talking.

Edited by kaju