• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Leaking Radiator Neck

aamarakoon

There is a small leak from the neck of the radiator where it joins the upper tank. Leaks only when hot. Not a drop leaks when the engine is cold. ( model - 2001 sylphy) Radiator cap new. Both fans working properly.

1. Is it possible to stop the leak using a glue or an epoxy?

2. If,so whats the best product?

3. Or, do I need a new radiator?

Thanks in advance!

I too had a similar issue and it turned out to be a cracked top tank, it was only leaking when the engine was hot. Had to replace the top tank since the crack was a little too big to fix with glue. Total damage around Rs 6000 :)

Take the car to a garage and ask the mechanic to inspect.

Hi,

Commonly speaking, if it is a copper one, most probebly can be able to repair but it has to be done by a good mechanic (specilized on copper welding and radiators) I think becouse it gets hot and is a part that need to handle with care. If it is a plastic one, the best thing is to replace as I see. But when you do the repair, it is possible to get the radiator cleaned with both tanks and checking the horses as well.