• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

What Is The Best Insurance Company In Sri Lanka

zee boy

Question

Guys, I do not know if it is within the Auto lanka rule to discuss about insurance companies..But I would like to have a discussion on Insurance companies in Sri Lanka and the user experiences of them..

Which one has the best service

Which one gives you the lowest rate

Which one gives you the hassle free claim process

etc

Admins of Autolanka-please let me know if this is against your rules or whatever..I will remove the topic

• Like 1

15 answers to this question

Guys, I do not know if it is within the Auto lanka rule to discuss about insurance companies..But I would like to have a discussion on Insurance companies in Sri Lanka and the user experiences of them..

etc

Admins of Autolanka-please let me know if this is against your rules or whatever..I will remove the topic

Had experience with 4 insurance companies.

S*** Insurance: worst company in claim processing. It take about 1 month to get your money after the repair. If you have ask for a partial payment upfront it also take around 3 weeks to get approved. Lot of auditing and bureaucracy. Hard to get hold of the accounts department and the person handing the file. You have to visit the place in person. No response for emails or phone calls.

Jana**** insurance: Moved to them few months back. Already claimed 2 minor accidents. Cheque got ready on second day. 100% satisfaction. If the cheque amount is not sufficient for the repair, we can provide another valuation and can get remaining money. Only prob is the inspector take around 30 - 45 minutes to arrive to the accident location.

MBS* - Easiest when reporting incidents. there is a click and go option where you don't have to wait till the inspector come, you can take your vehicle home after taking some pics of the location and the damage. I had claimed few times using this insurance company and they never asked for photos which I took. So it's very easy process. Cheque normally get ready within 3 days. But the amount got approved is far less than Jana . e.g. Buffer paint they pass only 6000 where as janasha pass around 9500. SL also give only 6500.

etc

I have used V!P,OnTheSp0t and Motor+

Which one has the best service - all three was fairly ok to deal with

Which one gives you the lowest rate - lowest was the OnTheSp0t and then Motor+. V!P was bit expensive

Which one gives you the hassle free claim process - V!P and OnTheSp0t was better than Motor+

You can get few qutoations before you buy anything by requesting qutoation by an email. Most of them do reply immediatly. or you can find a insurance agent, then they get you the best rates + hassle free claims. :)

I have used V!P,OnTheSp0t and Motor+

Which one has the best service - all three was fairly ok to deal with

Which one gives you the lowest rate - lowest was the OnTheSp0t and then Motor+. V!P was bit expensive

Which one gives you the hassle free claim process - V!P and OnTheSp0t was better than Motor+

You can get few qutoations before you buy anything by requesting qutoation by an email. Most of them do reply immediatly. or you can find a insurance agent, then they get you the best rates + hassle free claims. :)

Isn't V*P and On the spot the same thing?

I have used peoples Insurance...Have used 3 years and claimed 1 time, good service, nothing to complain, on a accident, you dont have to wait till an agent come, all you need is to give a call and move the car to a garage..check is ready within 2.3 days..

Has A*A (known as Av**a N*B) for many years and on many vehicles. Never had issues, and hopefully never will.

Also heard Cey**** is good these days. Sounds like they pay more than the claim amount :smilie_liebe9: not sure if it was a one time mistake.

Continental Insurance is the worst as per my experience. They will give you a good experience by just making you to visit them many times.
Cheque gets delayed. Agent is very very late & all sought of issues. A friend of mine despises Continental for a bad experience.

All my vehicles are now at Amana Insurance since no need to wait for an agent, just call & go, Premiums are low, service is good, payments are good & fringe benefits such as lounge facilities at the airport. I selected Amana since a friend of mine works there & its easy to get the job done.

Allianz is ok but they want police reports & cheque gets damn late to come.

Cooperative insurance is also good.their premium is low and the service is good.premium with all the covers for 4 million cost me 41000.00 for 1 st year.for the same insurace c******o quoted for 95000.00 that is how they are cheating the people of sri lanka and earn huge profits.that is ceylincos love!!!!!!

Edited by tcfern1