• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Dcd Milk Powder Issue

Charith H Jayasinghe

transparency, rule of law and justice is absent. And most of all after ltte issue, we badly need an enemy to bash so other issues can be forgotten :)

Couldn't have said it better.

Looks like ONE brand of spoilt milk powder is "THE" thing this week. Who cares about the kids killed by the army for the crime of wanting clean drinking water. That was soo last week.

994883_498592390215527_2126916986_n.jpg

edit:

Translation: Had I known that I would loose you, I wouldn't have asked for a drop of water.

Edited by Watchman

Self imposed halt to ops due to politicians getting involved and taking matters way beyond scope.

Yesterday there was a protest led by lemon puff gang and the next step might be the bbs getting involved.

Nobody...personal or corporate have a chance to voice their pov on anything as everything is controlled by higher gods.

transparency, rule of law and justice is absent. And most of all after ltte issue, we badly need an enemy to bash so other issues can be forgotten :)

Day*siri --> Rathupaswala --> Grandspass --> DCD --> .................

One hot news per every week :) .Easy to forget other important issues...

Edited by Sampath Gunasekera

This DCD issue was in international news from sept. 2012 to January this year. That time GOSL kept quiet because they wanted NZ support for CHOGM here. Then suddenly raised this to cover up weliweriya killings. At this time there was nothing in int. media about DCD in milk and problem was with botulism bacteria in some batches of whey protein concentrate.

Then GOSL got their usual puppets (so called 'experts', deshapremis,weeramonkey gang, bbs, 'gannna ape de' gang) to confuse people more with false info (Whey protein is very bad (they hide the fact that it is an ingredient of milk and naturally in breast milk too), milk is very bad, those who drink milk are 'deshadrohi').

Now this show is over (DCD results negative, no bacteria in 400 samples tested, dcd in maliban milk powder happened because of a sample mix-up). Next show comming soon is 'Navaneedan Pillai's visit'

Nice decision, Fonterra will lose her 5th largest market on the planet

New Zealand wont go bankrupt cos they loose SL market. But can SL manage without 70% of it's dairy products?

Give it a few days...lts see what happens :)

Whatever lemon puff touch, never works out well for him or the country.

New Zealand wont go bankrupt cos they loose SL market. But can SL manage without 70% of it's dairy products?

Give it a few days...lts see what happens :)

Whatever lemon puff touch, never works out well for him or the country.

within a matter of days somebody else from India or China will invade that 70%. It will be 2% of the New zealand' s Milk powder exports. At the end of the day think who will gain and who will loose

within a matter of days somebody else from India or China will invade that 70%. It will be 2% of the New zealand' s Milk powder exports. At the end of the day think who will gain and who will loose

So you think that 'matter of days' is what it will take for some alien brand to capture the 70% market share that was built by Anchor and Fonterra over two decades. Amazing! I sure am impressed, but I don't think the actual brand consumers will be as amused.

But on a more relevant note, I would expect some heads to roll once the truth of the matter is out. The ITI is trying to dig it's way out of the hole, which if they fail to do (i.e. provide at least one further DCD positive test for Fonterra or Maliban products), would certainly discredit them locally and internationally as a capable or credible institution. The cabinet committee is trying to cover up the issue by hiding it under the - bigger issue of - lack of F&B testing standards or test facilities in Sri Lanka while Fonterra suspends operations of one of Sri Lanka's biggest brands and product and Maliban is offering 1 million rupees to anyone - including ITI - who can prove any existence of DCD in their product. [ST Link]

The thing is, if this was a credible country, some heads should and would roll. But accountability counts for jack shit here and many experts including health care professionals (including GMOA and Nurses associations) showed an absurd and mystifying ignorance on the actual facts of the matter which makes one wonder whose game they are playing. The fact that most of the docs who came out guns blazing confused the botulism issue with DCD is beyond my comprehension.

This is supposed to be 21st century where we are supposed to have all the info at our fingertips (and thus make informed decisions), but most of these experts act as if they are stuck on the '70s SL, where lack of information and lack of choice was the norm!

As hyacc noted above, this is just one episode of the comedy played out for the benefit of ignorant masses. But this should carry bitter lessons for everyone involved - especially consumers, who can no longer implicitly trust their watchdogs and health care 'professionals'.

• Like 3

So you think that 'matter of days' is what it will take for some alien brand to capture the 70% market share that was built by Anchor and Fonterra over two decades. Amazing! I sure am impressed, but I don't think the actual brand consumers will be as amused.

But on a more relevant note, I would expect some heads to roll once the truth of the matter is out. The ITI is trying to dig it's way out of the hole, which if they fail to do (i.e. provide at least one further DCD positive test for Fonterra or Maliban products), would certainly discredit them locally and internationally as a capable or credible institution. The cabinet committee is trying to cover up the issue by hiding it under the - bigger issue of - lack of F&B testing standards or test facilities in Sri Lanka while Fonterra suspends operations of one of Sri Lanka's biggest brands and product and Maliban is offering 1 million rupees to anyone - including ITI - who can prove any existence of DCD in their product. [ST Link]

The thing is, if this was a credible country, some heads should and would roll. But accountability counts for jack shit here and many experts including health care professionals (including GMOA and Nurses associations) showed an absurd and mystifying ignorance on the actual facts of the matter which makes one wonder whose game they are playing. The fact that most of the docs who came out guns blazing confused the botulism issue with DCD is beyond my comprehension.

This is supposed to be 21st century where we are supposed to have all the info at our fingertips (and thus make informed decisions), but most of these experts act as if they are stuck on the '70s SL, where lack of information and lack of choice was the norm!

As hyacc noted above, this is just one episode of the comedy played out for the benefit of ignorant masses. But this should carry bitter lessons for everyone involved - especially consumers, who can no longer implicitly trust their watchdogs and health care 'professionals'.

This is not a credible country. Credibility was lost long ago

Anyway this cockup by the government sends a very bad message to international investors who consider setting up shop in Sri Lanka.

We are another step closer to becoming a North Korea

Edited by Crosswind
  • Like 6

But on a more relevant note, I would expect some heads to roll once the truth of the matter is out. The ITI is trying to dig it's way out of the hole, which if they fail to do (i.e. provide at least one further DCD positive test for Fonterra or Maliban products), would certainly discredit them locally and internationally as a capable or credible institution. The cabinet committee is trying to cover up the issue by hiding it under the - bigger issue of - lack of F&B testing standards or test facilities in Sri Lanka while Fonterra suspends operations of one of Sri Lanka's biggest brands and product and Maliban is offering 1 million rupees to anyone - including ITI - who can prove any existence of DCD in their product. [http://www.sundaytimes.lk/130825/news/no-clear-answer-from-govt-to-murky-milk-issue-59551.html]ST Link[/url]]

Anyway this cockup by the government sends a very bad message to international investors who consider setting up shop in Sri Lanka.

Though I belong to a cluster you have mentioned above... Yes I have to agree with you both in most of things you have pointed out. This should not be the way.... Edited by Charith H Jayasinghe

Can't agree with you more on this issue. You are perfectly correct.

I am in NZ at the moment and the protest held outside the Fonterra facility at Biyagama was given headline prominence here in the media (One News), it did not augur well for SL as the whole thing was hinted at being a SL govt sponsored circus as there were some govt politicians well known to be lap dogs of the govt referring to Fonterra as "terra" (terrorists) and that defeating them was no issue for SL which had defeated the LTTE "terra".

This type of third grade publicity tactics playing to the idiotic local gallery will have far reaching consequences internationally.

Edited by CJ5