• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Why Kia Owners Sell Their Suvs

Damith87

Question

Greetings to all experts !!!

This topic may look like a little awkward and stupid :sad-smiley-067: but I have seen lot of KIA owners selling their SUVs so early. And a heap of drop in second hand market. Most of them are still under 10,000kms. Despite Sri Lanka KIA is gaining a good reputation in Europe and USA etc.

Of cause I can call few sellers and ask why their selling but obviously it will not be a genuine answer. Is it because of high maintain cost or a mechanical issues. Or dissatisfied customer service ?

Non of my associates use KIA SUVs,so thought of bringing this up with you experts. :pardon:

hi hi still going back to mud ne machang :-P it was just a correction error. u know which comes when u right click on a words u typed. hope u grown enough to understand that buddy. but if brain is not enough tell me, i'll be more than happy to explain again :-)

I notice and observe that the couple next door get up every morning and sit on their balcony in their undies til 8am. still doesn't make any sense why, does it? and leads us to speculate a million reasons to the same

Time to hijack this thread, this is far more interesting than Korean SUVs. Please do expand on this. Q1, is she good looking?

uuuhhhhh... Komi... it might be a hint ;) swi**** ;)

on a serious note Mr.Damith87.

let me dumb this down to your level,

1.) if you gonna have a hissy fit so easily. no one is EVER gonna take you serious.

2.) you asked a stupid question

3.) even you admit you asked a stupid question

4.) do a bit of a search on these people before you talk all high and mighty

5,) did i forget to say that you asked a stupid question?

6.) oh, you asked a stupid question.

7.) before you start having another hiss fit take a look at all the montero sports, bmw 5 series, aqua's, land rovers, prius's, 161 axio's, allions, premios etc etc etc for sale and then sit down and drink a nice cup of coffee and think about it.. then think about your life... then think about with all the problems in the world why you thought about this.. then think about komi's balcony couple.. then think about.. well that's it.

8.) before opening a thread next time, think

Damitha, this is a maxxxxa thread. Very Informationive. You are elakiri person for sticking up and putting supranatural in his place. He many have 9000 posts but he have no brain. Keep fighting ma Nigga. I with you on this one. You are my knight in shining armour. If it wasn't for people like you, this forum reducing.

Edited by jdnet
  • Like 1

Looks like this is a live one : ) reminded me of a gentleman who frequently popped up everywhere (M. S) even he had the sense not to shoot himself in the **** publicly.

to be fair to Damith, it's a fair observation. But unless you intended to buy one and wanted to avoid walking into a deathtrap, opening a thread is a moo point.

Anyways, based on a discussion I had with a customs officer a few months back, a lot of 'fancy' cars reached our shores on the tax cuts we had some time back and the more recent permit boom. He cited some high end bimmers and Peugeots but the the Korean SUVs were lower on the hierarchy too. As our second hand market is largely driven by fuel economy, the resale value of these drop drastically. And since letting the car grow older doesn't help the owner's chances, they decide to cut their losses as soon as the new car smell runs out.

Try and have some respect to others, just as a common courtesy.

• Like 1

Agreed with u Hoonigan. B) what u saying also plays a major role

Didn't you say you were "out of here" a few posts ago?

Not that we want you to leave, mind you, we haven't had this much amusement from a single member in quite a while. :)

Didn't you say you were "out of here" a few posts ago?

Not that we want you to leave, mind you, we haven't had this much amusement from a single member in quite a while. :)

I'm waiting for his next thread....Amazing to actually hear out loud what some people think LOL :D

I bought my first Kia vehicle in 2007 for the doctors duty concession permit. It was a Kia Sportage 2.0 CRDI 4WD with tiptronic transmission. I used it extensively since I was stationed mostly outstations.. and during this time until last month when I sold it it did not give any problems at all apart from routine maintenance such as brake disk pad changes etc..would you believe I haven't even had a flat tyre in that 5 years.

I liked the vehicle so much last year I bought a permit and bought another Kia, this time a Sorento. The Sorento too has so far proved to be an excellent vehicle. Since I have got another permit now and do not have the need for 2 SUVs I sold the Sportage and ordered a car. So that's the reason I sold mine.

The main reason however why there are a lot of new Kia SUV's in the market is that some people import them just to sell them as they had a good demand since they were one of the few good SUVs you could get for the permit until recently.

Hope this clarifies a little

• Like 2