• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Why Kia Owners Sell Their Suvs

Damith87

Question

Greetings to all experts !!!

This topic may look like a little awkward and stupid :sad-smiley-067: but I have seen lot of KIA owners selling their SUVs so early. And a heap of drop in second hand market. Most of them are still under 10,000kms. Despite Sri Lanka KIA is gaining a good reputation in Europe and USA etc.

Of cause I can call few sellers and ask why their selling but obviously it will not be a genuine answer. Is it because of high maintain cost or a mechanical issues. Or dissatisfied customer service ?

Non of my associates use KIA SUVs,so thought of bringing this up with you experts. :pardon:

ok genius Supra_Natural. :to_clue: I see you are a porak with 3,843 posts and with your next one it'll be 3,844. :sarcastic_hand:

I just brought something happening in the market to discus with some real pros. (U know real pros ;-)} So as u said, if u not an owner who is selling SUV or a person with some kind of knowledge, please don't be stupid and comment :wacko2:

Thank you Pericles for your thoughts :angel-smiley-002:

• Like 1

Have to echo what Supra said. Maybe you can canvass some people who hv already SOLD their Korean SUV's and ask them why? Certainly an interesting question if the background is right but stupid to expect an answer from non korean suv owners..

from a few friends who own them, i can guess that most of the people who got these korean suv's got it on a permit. and they are depreciating fast since the second hand market has crashed for many vehicles. the more mileage, the higher the depreciation. hence they are flogging them off before they get too old and they don't have to take too hard a hit.

ok genius Supra_Natural. :to_clue: I see you are a porak with 3,843 posts and with your next one it'll be 3,844. :sarcastic_hand:

I just brought something happening in the market to discus with some real pros. (U know real pros ;-)} So as u said, if u not an owner who is selling SUV or a person with some kind of knowledge, please don't be stupid and comment :wacko2:

Think the dumbest person at this table is you. To ask a stupid question in the first place. Its a wholly speculative point. People sell cars for many reasons. How dumb and empty headed are you to ponder loudly why they do that? Its not only Kias that are for sale, even Aquas are for sale, Priuss are for sale. Land Rovers are for sale....

Why do birds fly? why did your father married your mom? Why did you take a dump in the morning, WHO KNOWS the reasons???

• Like 1

well I am asking the people who have some sort of knowledge on this Korean SUVs or with related experience. Why these cows shouting :-) Any idiot can see even from Autolanka website that there are lot of Korean SUVs going under value.

Mr.VVTi birds fly cos they involve nature easiest way. Survival of fittest matters. will discuss this in a new topic, or your next question I really don't know why your father married your mom, may be love or arranged. But what I really don't understand is why you were born :-P That should be discuss with your parents thoroughly ;-)

Thank you RWD for your thought. Guess it plays a major role. So either these Korean vehicles has issue with built quality or it's just a thought of sri lankan people. Cos as I heard they give 160,000km warranty in some parts of USA.(Not sure).

What I'm appealing is to these Hypocrite is if you don't have any idea, just shut up and FXXX off.

• Like 1

Hi Damith,

I have a Kia SUV. And I am the vice president of the private-korean-car-sellers-club. Normally people who want to sell a korean vehicle has to register with us. The reason we sell these vehicles so cheap is because we want to do a service to the sri lankan automotive community, and we want to make korean vehicles popular. So when people are tempted by the low price and buy our vehicles, we can import more korean vehicles, and by then korean vehicles would be more popular and all korean vehicles can then be sold at higher (profitable) prices. So you can say that this is a long term investment. I encourage everyone to join in.

• Like 3

Okay I think majority in this community are morons with the thought of they are "Porawal". I don't know why these people are reluctant to show they don't know. If you u can read the topic and if you don't know why or anything, y the hell bother to comment. This is just a time waste.

Should mention the good people here also. Anyway Thanx everyone for your thoughts :-)

Now was it me who called this a stupid topic first? You did so in your very first post. No need to get your knickers in a twist just because people didn't go "Ela topic eka machan, maxxa!" or whatever it is you were expecting to hear.

A good policy to follow when opening threads is, if you KNOW that it might be a stupid thread, then think twice before opening it. Saves us the trouble of moderating... Oh and speaking of moderating, do watch the language will you? We like to keep the discussion civil over here, you can keep the swearing over at Elakiri..

I'm not up to elakiri or anything brother. If it doesn't suite u don't comment. just keep quite. You know, every idiot is a geniuses till the y speak. so u know what i mean. Majority here like to boast about what they know about land rovers and posh stuff... Be a lil down to earth, be humble enough to teach something to someone in a good way. I asked something I notice and observed. I think it was my mistake to bring this up with u guys.

Be a lil down to earth, be humble enough to teach something to someone in a good way.

I listened to this sermon and immediately attained niravana. Thank you very much for these words of wisdom. World needs people like you Bro

• Like 1

well I am asking the people who have some sort of knowledge on this Korean SUVs or with related experience. Why these cows shouting :-) Any idiot can see even from Autolanka website that there are lot of Korean SUVs going under value.

Mr.VVTi birds fly cos they involve nature easiest way. Survival of fittest matters. will discuss this in a new topic, or your next question I really don't know why your father married your mom, may be love or arranged. But what I really don't understand is why you were born :-P That should be discuss with your parents thoroughly ;-)

Thank you RWD for your thought. Guess it plays a major role. So either these Korean vehicles has issue with built quality or it's just a thought of sri lankan people. Cos as I heard they give 160,000km warranty in some parts of USA.(Not sure).

What I'm appealing is to these Hypocrite is if you don't have any idea, just shut up and FXXX off.

We have a new joker in the forum... :)

• Like 1

I'm not up to elakiri or anything brother. If it doesn't suite u don't comment. just keep quite. You know, every idiot is a geniuses till the y speak. so u know what i mean. Majority here like to boast about what they know about land rovers and posh stuff... Be a lil down to earth, be humble enough to teach something to someone in a good way. I asked something I notice and observed. I think it was my mistake to bring this up with u guys.

We knew from the point you open the thread ... :)

oh dear lord I laughed so hard. liya and watchman, you guys deserve the troll of the year award!!

damith, putha, try to understand that no amount of justification brings about any sanity to the question you asked. short of you doing a survey involving all the kia sellers, no one will know the reason. everyone sells their cas for different reasons, no?

instead of poking the bears with a stick, tell us the real reason why you want to know. do you want to buy one? if so, there are a lot of threads on AL discussing the pro's and cons of a kia. read up.

I notice and observe that the couple next door get up every morning and sit on their balcony in their undies til 8am. still doesn't make any sense why, does it? and leads us to speculate a million reasons to the same

• Like 2

Im answering this because I have a sportage and also in my extended family there a a few Korean SUVs.

Let me start of by saying that I bought the Sportage at that time because it was the cheapest brand new SUV in the market. It has been 100% reliable, no breakdowns. The only maintenance that I had to do was to replace something in the AC (which was done FOC as under warranty), replaced the key because the robber over the switch got cracked (again FOC under warranty) and replaced the brakepad at around 22000 km's.

Its a nice and easy to drive SUV with plenty of leg and head room, decent luggage space, pretty decent options which comes standard. Fuel economy is around 6.5km/L. I wish it was better.

On the other hand my cousin runs a sorento which has done 140,000 km's and he is pretty happy with it and he bought a latest sportage while keeping the old one. Another one runs a Sorento and he does quite a bit of distance on it as he lives in Colombo and works in Matugama. They are both very happy with the vehicles.

My plan for the sportage is to use it for 5 years (because its on a lease) and then change. Now at the halfway point, I have no complains. I dont know why others sell, but I think one of the facts is that there are many more Korean SUV's on the market than a few years ago. So they are bound to come up for sale. But all in all, there is no gaping issues with them from experience.

• Like 3

I'm working in Physiology sector, think all you guys have been faced with serious issues during childhood. which has lead you guys to be sarcastic

I'm trying to find the link between physiology and sarcasm

Maybe you meant "Psychology" instead of "Physiology" machan?

Edited by liya

I'm trying to find the link between physiology and sarcasm

Maybe you meant "Psychology" instead of "Physiology" machan?

Finally Liya showing some brain improvement :-) Good to see that bro.

Hmm.. We didn't have this kind of a show for sometime. BTW I'm just a spectator enjoying it. Thanks for all the fun.