• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Temperature Increase In Fb14

maheshw

Guys, Need a help to identify a issue on my FB14.

From few days back car Temperature level suddenly start increasing when climbing hills & it coming down slowly again. when traveling on normal roads/traffic with ac temperature is on half level.not moving. but when climbing hills on 1st 2nd 3rd gear with or with out ac temperature is suddenly going up near to the red level and kara kara noice also coming.

Ac compressor also start to give a small sound & i show it to a mechanic.as he told needs to take out the compressor & replace a razor or some thing & it will be ok.

i have a doubt whether there is a link with that issue to increase the temp level but this is not happening on normal road conditions can travel any km's with out any issue ?? again doubt ? :sad-smiley-066:

Radiator is full with coolant.water level is remaining same even the heat increase :speechless-smiley-003:

no white smoke no air bubbles ?

what can be the issue ??

warned belts ?

Blocked radiator ?

According to the symptoms IMO either your radiator core is partially blocked or your water pump is not operating at full efficiency. The water pump impeller get corroded and wasted thus reducing the efficiency if the wrong type of coolant had been in use at any time in the past. Kara kara noise is due to pre-ignition when the engine heats up. However better if you can get the timing checked if the noise happens to appear when the temperature is at the normal range too. If the timing is over advanced it can result in abnormal heating up of the engine.

thanks all. VVTi Fans working properly.

hardaht thermost too feel doing it job properly. need to check belts.

Rumesh yes kara kara noice only coming when the heat is up. no issue in pulling. coolent are old for around 01 year. need to check the water pump.

When you check the water pump get the thermostat (wax pellet type one on the water passage) too checked at the sametime although it is a very reliable one. I hope the radiator fins are in good shape, that's another thing you need pay attention to.

Does this issue comes only when you climb up hill?

Can you park the car in the same angle and direction of up hill and check whether the fan is running? One of the reasons may be due to a broken pin inside a connecting socket which disconnects the supply path when inclined at steep angles

• Like 1

Does this issue comes only when you climb up hill?

Can you park the car in the same angle and direction of up hill and check whether the fan is running? One of the reasons may be due to a broken pin inside a connecting socket which disconnects the supply path when inclined at steep angles

good one there as I found my golf heated up little more when i was waiting in a ramp ( of course in a steep angle) until a gate is open. Only about 5 minutes and gauge kept rising beyond the usual range and still the fan didn't kick in. There the reason was abnormal angle would've prevented water flow/level reaching the thermostat sensor to operate fans.

as for OPs issue, generally aged engines do have the tendency of overheating when negotiating hills for prolonged period. worse could be the head gaskets are leaky and under normal working condition it won't leak but when stressed, it'll leak some pressure into the water passages.

good one there as I found my golf heated up little more when i was waiting in a ramp ( of course in a steep angle) until a gate is open. Only about 5 minutes and gauge kept rising beyond the usual range and still the fan didn't kick in. There the reason was abnormal angle would've prevented water flow/level reaching the thermostat sensor to operate fans.

as for OPs issue, generally aged engines do have the tendency of overheating when negotiating hills for prolonged period. worse could be the head gaskets are leaky and under normal working condition it won't leak but when stressed, it'll leak some pressure into the water passages.

harsha yes i too need to check whetehr the fans are operating in angle level coz in normal conditions heat level is remaning same for any distance .will keep update after this weekend....

There the reason was abnormal angle would've prevented water flow/level reaching the thermostat sensor to operate fans.

Unlikely scenario unless the radiator was partly empty. Thermostats (both electrical and mechanical) are located at a much lower level on the coolant path than the radiator top. If the radiator was full there is no reason for the coolant not to flow over the thermostats.

So ... Its a design fault by VW

So i checked whether my fans are working properly.

in FB14 there are 2 fans. i don't have any idea how they work.but as i can remember when switch on the ac any given time ac fan should work :sad-smiley-066:

today in cold start with ac its not working ? after temperature reach to middle yes again its not working :speechless-smiley-003:

keep the car idle with ac few minutes.radiator cap open. no issues. when ac automatically off and when its on again both fans try to on & goes away. while ac on with middle of temperature car running with out fans :speechless-smiley-020:

but this is not happening all ways.it seems a an electrical issue ? heat sensor issue? how s the fans operating system in FB14 ?

So i checked whether my fans are working properly.

in FB14 there are 2 fans. i don't have any idea how they work.but as i can remember when switch on the ac any given time ac fan should work :sad-smiley-066:

today in cold start with ac its not working ? after temperature reach to middle yes again its not working :speechless-smiley-003:

keep the car idle with ac few minutes.radiator cap open. no issues. when ac automatically off and when its on again both fans try to on & goes away. while ac on with middle of temperature car running with out fans :speechless-smiley-020:

but this is not happening all ways.it seems a an electrical issue ? heat sensor issue? how s the fans operating system in FB14 ?

Sorry to hear your problem...I can remember my one(fb14) used to turn on radiator fan only when like temperature gauge reach about middle...those engines can handle heat...but both fans turns on whenever i turn on the a/c from a cold start...that's how it worked...have you tried climbing a hill from a cold start to see if the temperature rise to red level within seconds that quick?kara kara sound may be related to engine rattling is this a manual?have you tried flushing the radiator may be there's some air trapped or clogged....that gauge is so inaccurate,may be something wrong with the gauge itself.car isn't actually heating up..the car would smoke if it very near the red line as i can remember...since your fans are not turning up with a/c you should check on that first....

looks like faulty fan relay/relays. if they don't kick in either when the A/C is switched on and gauge is at half mark, you shouldn't be running the car around as you cannot gurantee air flow to the radiator, specially when the car is not moving.

Get it sorted out immediately and if I was you, wouldn't run around asking for an expensive gasket replacement.