• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Micro Jeeps Are Good Or Bad ?

imalone

Question

Hi,

I wishes to buy a diesel jeep between 28lks - 35 lks. So i thing , i can buy a jeep , which is made by MICRO ( REXTON & KEYRON).

But my friends says, MICRO's Vehicles are not good , not famous , can't expect a good second market price & etc...............

So, guys wht abt ur ideas ?

hahaha yeah they were even trying to prove its better many Hondas including the EK3 and Grace

Funny thing is they have mentioned to take a list of problems you get when you buy a brand new Panda and get it sorted during the first service. List of problems in the service itself :sport-smiley-004::sport-smiley-004:

Edited by Magnum

First of all They are not made by micro

They are all Korean SUV's from a manufacturer called Ssangyong

Are they bad vehicles, no.

but you cant maintain them like your usual japanese SUV's.

The Rexton and Kyron are equipped with Mercedes engines, services and maintenance have to be done through agents.

if you, maintain them properly, these vehicles wont give any big issues.

Quality wise, they are not up to japanese/europian vehicle standards but not like they are very bad as well.

overall they are not bad vehicles are people tend to say. treat them right, and it will treat you right.

• Like 2

The underlying fact with these vehicles is that the general reputation in the Sri Lankan market is not very good and that fact will come to haunt anyone in Sri Lanka when trying to sell the vehicle.

• Like 1

With the experience I am having with a Korando for 3 years, I must say this is not a bad vehicle. Did not give give any inherent problems except issues due to the assembling blunders done by Micro. I felt the wrong reputation for ssangyongs is caused partly by Micro. Let me to share some experiences:

1. recently, I had to replace the rear bumper as a cyclist smashed it. The bumper which came with the vehicle is made out of a thick fiber-glass by Micro. However, the replacement is the original from Korea.

Repairing guys have faced hell of difficulties to remove the bumper as the Micro people have fixed the locally made bumper in very unprofessional manner. They have welded set of U-clips to the vehicle body (some even have started to corrode) and attached the bumper to the body by attaching it to these U-clips by using fiber-glass. This resembles a work done by an ordinary garage but not by a vehicle assembling company. Anyways, the garage people had to break the old bumper to replace it.

2. The silencer barrel came with the vehicle also made by micro. It started to appear holes right after one year of using the same. However, I was able to replace it with an OEM as I observed it within the guarantee period.

3. I observed a leaking radiator. When closely looked at it is apparent that Micro has put a repaired radiator to the Brand new vehicle I bought from them. I reported this matter to Micro but thy try to escape from this saying the vehicle is out of the Guarantee period. However, I am in the process of officially reporting this matter to the Management of Micro.

Sorry, I could not post some photos as the files are too big..... but come back with some later.....

Edited by udayap
  • Like 5

With the experience I am having with a Korando for 3 years, I must say this is not a bad vehicle. Did not give give any inherent problems except issues due to the assembling blunders done by Micro. I felt the wrong reputation for ssangyongs is caused partly by Micro. Let me to share some experiences:

1. recently, I had to replace the rear bumper as a cyclist smashed it. The bumper which came with the vehicle is made out of a thick fiber-glass by Micro. However, the replacement is the original from Korea.

Repairing guys have faced hell of difficulties to remove the bumper as the Micro people have fixed the locally made bumper in very unprofessional manner. They have welded set of U-clips to the vehicle body (some even have started to corrode) and attached the bumper to the body by attaching it to these U-clips by using fiber-glass. This resembles a work done by an ordinary garage but not by a vehicle assembling company. Anyways, the garage people had to break the old bumper to replace it.

2. The silencer barrel came with the vehicle also made by micro. It started to appear holes right after one year of using the same. However, I was able to replace it with an OEM as I observed it within the guarantee period.

3. I observed a leaking radiator. When closely looked at it is apparent that Micro has put a repaired radiator to the Brand new vehicle I bought from them. I reported this matter to Micro but thy try to escape from this saying the vehicle is out of the Guarantee period. However, I am in the process of officially reporting this matter to the Management of Micro.

Sorry, I could not post some photos as the files are too big..... but come back with some later.....

And these are just the issues that you found. I'm sorry I have to knockdown a Sri Lankan company, but really your experiences with them indicate that there are serious issues with their assembly process.

1. Any assembly company that tries to pass off a repaired product as brand new deserves to be publicly shamed. Even adding second-hand non-critical parts like body panels, interior trim components etc is unacceptable on a new car; but adding sub par parts to a critical component like the cooling system and not telling their customers is terrible.

2. Having a brand new car start corroding after just one year is unacceptable especially when the rest of the industry is moving to provide 5 and 10 year rust free warranties.

3. And when you bought these issues of a faulty second-hand / repaired radiator that was installed on your brand new vehicle to their attention the company's response was to tell you that you were outside of your warranty period?? Holy crap. What shitty customer service. The very least they could do would be to replace the radiator free of charge with an apology and couple of free oil changes for the inconvenience caused.

No wonder Micro can't compete and are struggling to gain market share. How could they when their production quality and customer service is obviously so low? Pretty sad situation.

Edited by Kavvz
  • Like 5

Thank you for your post. I feel I must been quite luck with my 2013 Korando as so far the only major issues I have experienced is the streering making a noise when the car is satationary.

In any case, how can we make a compalint to the higher-ups at Micro? Do you have any contact information pl?

Thanks a lot.

I have a few friends who own micros like mx 7, panda, kyron. They never said anything good about them.

the panda is very poorly put together - one of my relatives brought along a rental panda - true rental cars are badly maintained but given that the car is not more than 3-4 years the way it had aged was unacceptable the interior particularly looked like it had survived a tsunami.

• Like 1

I have a few friends who own micros like mx 7, panda, kyron. They never said anything good about them.
the panda is very poorly put together - one of my relatives brought along a rental panda - true rental cars are badly maintained but given that the car is not more than 3-4 years the way it had aged was unacceptable the interior particularly looked like it had survived a tsunami.

You guys should check out the Geely Panda Owners Club - Sri Lanka :D

• Like 1

LOL... found the page..but did not find their sayings about wagonR and EK3 and grace.

I check that group every time when I'm bored :D

Some are competently racing with FITs,Allions and still pass them easily.

One bugger is boasting about passing a vezzel and published the number plate as well.

Sigh..

They were talking about having some drag races too :D

U have to scroll down to see the grace and stuff bro. Haha the guy who raced a vezel thinks hes boss, bloody assholes, according to them Panda is best... funny thing is I asked one moron to a drag with my FD1.. bugger doesnt rply now, hahaha

Yeah according to them itself it has abt 50 issues brand new.. lol and they still say its normal to have issues lyk that.. the most talked about thing is the ncap 5star safety rating panda has,,, the guy who died recently in one had no seatbelts it seems, but even with belts I dint think he would live

damn would so love to read those inane comments but it's a closed group rite? I'd hate to join it and look like a bloody PandaFan.

I dont think your friends see the groups you join, I mean I dont think Facebook posts when you join a group.

U have to scroll down to see the grace and stuff bro. Haha the guy who raced a vezel thinks hes boss, bloody assholes, according to them Panda is best... funny thing is I asked one moron to a drag with my FD1.. bugger doesnt rply now, hahaha
Yeah according to them itself it has abt 50 issues brand new.. lol and they still say its normal to have issues lyk that.. the most talked about thing is the ncap 5star safety rating panda has,,, the guy who died recently in one had no seatbelts it seems, but even with belts I dint think he would live

Haha yeah the safety is the most discussed topic there, I dont understand why they hate Honda so much. They sound like they arent sure if they made the right choice of buying a Panda and are trying to justify themselves that it was their best decision

Some are competently racing with FITs,Allions and still pass them easily.

One bugger is boasting about passing a vezzel and published the number plate as well.

lol..I have easily passed them down (panda) with my 19yr old CE110 in E1

Edited by nano31

I drove a 2007 rexton in Galle once. Ride quality,handling,pick up was superb compared to Japanese suvs.almost close to the european SUVs(Audi Q5) I have driven here. But sadly it was developing some issues with the AT gearbox,it seems this was commmon in early models with a gearbox from an Aussie company.it seems they have changed to Japanese /Korean gearbox suppliers now.

I drove a 2007 rexton in Galle once. Ride quality,handling,pick up was superb compared to Japanese suvs.almost close to the european SUVs(Audi Q5) I have driven here. But sadly it was developing some issues with the AT gearbox,it seems this was commmon in early models with a gearbox from an Aussie company.it seems they have changed to Japanese /Korean gearbox suppliers now.

lol !! That's a pretty broad statement! I'd flip that on its head and say while the Rexton is decent; you get what you pay for and that you can't really compare it to a well built Japanese or European SUV! :D Had you driven the Rexton a second time, right after driving a Prado or Montero you'd realize that right away too!

Take for sake of comparison, the 07/08 Prado ( Lexus GX trim), the build quality on the 2007 Rexton is quite poor when you compare it to that and to compare the Rexton with a Audi Q7 or something like that just doesn't make sense!

(Even the old computer model Prajero (probably a 89 or 90 LS) we used to have seemed more solidly put together! Btw on those models the front driver and passenger seats had a special oil suspension based mount / fitting that made them crazy comfortable; does anyone know why they did away with that on subsequent models?)

Edited by Kavvz

lol !! That's a pretty broad statement! I'd flip that on its head and say while the Rexton is decent; you get what you pay for and that you can't really compare it to a well built Japanese or European SUV! :D Had you driven the Rexton a second time, right after driving a Prado or Montero you'd realize that right away too!

Take for sake of comparison, the 07/08 Prado ( Lexus GX trim), the build quality on the 2007 Rexton is quite poor when you compare it to that and to compare the Rexton with a Audi Q7 or something like that just doesn't make sense!

(Even the old computer model Prajero (probably a 89 or 90 LS) we used to have seemed more solidly put together! Btw on those models the front driver and passenger seats had a special oil suspension based mount / fitting that made them crazy comfortable; does anyone know why they did away with that on subsequent models?)

Lol!!!!! Typical Sri Lankan mentality that values 25-30 years old rust-baskets (like computer model Pajero) for 3 - 4 million rupees.

• Like 1

Haha,good point.for some people a 30year old rust-bucket is more comfy and technically advanced than a 10 years old Korean,because its a Jap LOL ? once I was in the back seat of a 2005ish Harrier on snow,and it was skidding like a D*MO Batta.