• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Allion 240 Or Axio 141 ?

chathum

What I have heard is Allion 240 does 10-11 in city limits.

Axio does about 12.

Since u can go up to 3.7, u can buy a 2005-6 Allion 240 or 2007-8 Axio.

Axio is so comparatively new N would have less potential of issues.

Axio in that range will give you very basic functions & i'll not have an RPM meter @least.

Personally prefer Allion 240 than Axio .....

Decision is up to you & make sure to update us ....

Guys I am planning to buy a car around 3.2 - 3.7M.

Can you please make some suggestions.

If you can comment on

• fuel consumption
  • handling
  • maintenance
  • re-sale value.

Thanks in Advance guys.

If fuel consumption is your main focus take a look at the Toyota Aqua as well, plenty of those around and will fit within your budget.

well, I love the mazda 3, however the 2011 model has a Kmpl meter and mine never went above 9.0 - 9.5 in colombo. I don't know about allion 240. But I have seen allion 260s with 18kmpl.

why you expect so much fuel efficiency,go for what you love,That's what matters in the end..a simple shock replacement will cost you more than you save from fuel for 3 years or so....or else buy a aqua like hybrid...anyway if you are looking for a choice between those two i would say go for a allion 240 with a good lip kit..the looks aren't boring...axios are like taxi here now...

• Confused 1

If fuel consumption is your main focus take a look at the Toyota Aqua as well, plenty of those around and will fit within your budget.

It is not my main concern. However it does make a difference in the long run. I was thinking about a prius a while ago as well. Going through this forum let me down on the hybrids.

so you have already set your mind to Allion 240 and Axio 141. then other members has pointed out that both vehicles are somewhat smiler based on the factors you have given.

then weight your preference, Ex: say 95% for Axio and 99% Allion.

then if you got a better deal for good Axio which outweigh the 4% , then if i were you i would buy Axio even though i rather prefer Allion as a model.

since preference is not "Yes" "No" thing.

Edited by MV-5
  • Like 1

It is not my main concern. However it does make a difference in the long run. I was thinking about a prius a while ago as well. Going through this forum let me down on the hybrids.

well there are much better alternative to those cars but it seems you are focus on both of them so form those two i will get a axio 141 because it's have the newest yom from the two and afaik with CVT gear box axio will do better kmpl than allion 240.

Take a Bus, patta fuel efficent and handling also

yea most of those bus's are look like they are going side ways. :D

well, I love the mazda 3, however the 2011 model has a Kmpl meter and mine never went above 9.0 - 9.5 in colombo. I don't know about allion 240. But I have seen allion 260s with 18kmpl.

Crisco Nihal's Allion is the only one in Sri Lanka that does 18kmpl

You might have seen that one :D

Read about it here

• Like 1

This is not really an allion 240, this is a 260 I was talking about.

Check these image532450_406886616026388_331489842_n.jpg547088_395032523878464_569865822_n.jpg

Most of the Premio owners itself agree that the fuel economy indicator is crazy and gives fake figures!

This is not really an allion 240, this is a 260 I was talking about.

Check these image532450_406886616026388_331489842_n.jpg547088_395032523878464_569865822_n.jpg

you do know those kmpl indicators are not 100% accurate right?.

I don’t think one should base the decision purely on this forum as most of us are petrol heads and therefore the views are biased towards performance, handling, driving pleasure where as for the rest of the population (95%) it does not matter.

This is why the best-selling sedan car in the world is Toyota Corolla.

Prius is a very good car it is comfortable, spacious, economical, has reasonable handling and is a very practical car. And when you look at the absurd tax structure in this county hybrids really make sense.

You really can't post pictures of kmpl on one hand say its not your main concern on the other. One member actually calculated the amount of money you save over a year and I think it was enough to buy you a dinner at a fancy restaurant. Once. So really, if you're so concerned about consumption, then by a bicycle, lose some weight. Even the fanciest ones will set you back only a few hundred thousand.

Kmpl meters are as cockeyed as a deaf bat. We had a 2001 Mitsu pajero jdm fulley-full option model, maintained like the queens knickers, and I have a photo of it doing 19.9kmpl on a trip to kalpitiya. That's a 3 liter v6 pulling over 2 tons of weight.

Kapeish?

• 7 years later...