• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Allion 240 Or Axio 141 ?

chathum

1 hour ago, Husny said:

But now I'm having trouble making this decision on this thread topic. Even after 7 years this is a valid thread 

Both have been abused. The general public prefers the 141 Axio over the 240 allion. Allion is bit more  better to drive. You cant go wrong with either, get it inspected. Lots of lemons in the market. Bargain hard. 

but if I were you, I’ll buy something else. FD1/ Lancer EX to name a few.

5 hours ago, fiat fan said:

Both have been abused. The general public prefers the 141 Axio over the 240 allion. Allion is bit more  better to drive. You cant go wrong with either, get it inspected. Lots of lemons in the market. Bargain hard. 

but if I were you, I’ll buy something else. FD1/ Lancer EX to name a few.

I was using wagon r for a long time and it was my 1st car. So trying  to go to a toyota to experience Toyota :D. So I would slowly move to advanced versions. Now I need a better car than wagonr lol. I might sound childish, please excuse me for that :)

21 minutes ago, Husny said:

I was using wagon r for a long time and it was my 1st car. So trying  to go to a toyota to experience Toyota :D. So I would slowly move to advanced versions. Now I need a better car than wagonr lol. I might sound childish, please excuse me for that :)

Almost anything is better than a WagonR.  Toyota's aren't the most cheap to run FYI.

Our resident JDM Guru @iRage will explain you the details.

17 minutes ago, fiat fan said:

Almost anything is better than a WagonR.  Toyota's aren't the most cheap to run FYI.

Our resident JDM Guru @iRage will explain you the details.

Yes, according to my budget which is 3.6 million, I want to compare and analyze options available for me. I know autolanka community hate talking about fuel consumption :P. But I need a reasonable economy car. Not something like jaguar, bmw old one

6 minutes ago, Husny said:

Yes, according to my budget which is 3.6 million, I want to compare and analyze options available for me. I know autolanka community hate talking about fuel consumption :P. But I need a reasonable economy car. Not something like jaguar, bmw old one

Hmmm. Fuel Consumption, market, and all considered. Axio seems better. 

The 240 allions design feels old to the majority of Toyota buyers. The prefer the regular looks of the Axio.

1 minute ago, fiat fan said:

Hmmm. Fuel Consumption, market, and all considered. Axio seems better. 

The 240 allions design feels old to the majority of Toyota buyers. The prefer the regular looks of the Axio.

I heard that Axio 141 has a model with no rpm atlease. Which 141 is better?

Well....you really cannot say the Wagon R is bad..it is okay for what it is..which is a an economical city car. Granted there are much more refined options in its class but those do not come to Sri Lanka because of the tax structure (Honda N Kei cars and some Daihatsu models are actually much nicer.)

If you are looking at an Axio 141 or a Allion 240...then so be it. But please bare in mind that you will have to be very very patient when looking for a good car and be very stringent on inspecting it. Yes...the low grade Axio 141s (X grade) did not come with RPM meters....On the other hand there are special packages of the X grade that did come with the RPM meter. Do you need an RPM meter though ?

The standard Allion does look dated...but there are also a lot who find it to be somewhat of an ageless design as well..they look especially nice if it has the factory side skirts and lips and the sporty grill and premium wheels :) . If taken care of well the Allion inerior looks and feels more refined and luxurious than the Axio and the ride is a bit nicer too. The Allion 240 and the Axio 141 both will have the 1.5L 1NZ-FE engine. They both put about the same power amount (Allion has 2 or 3 horses more but slightly heavier). The Allion 1.5L and 1.8L variants come with a standard automatic transmission (a Super ECT) whilst the Axio comes with a CVT. A standard automatic is a lot easier to take care of and is actually nicer to drive. I am sure I do not have to tell you the "sensitivities" of a Toyota CVT. However..being a standard automatic would also mean that it might not be as fuel efficient as a CVT. However, this is theoretical. At the end of the day...a badly maintained CVT can easily have lower fuel economy than a well maintained AT in a slightly heavier car. If you can find a good example..they both will be good choices.

Having said that...don't shy away from looking at other cars as well....sometimes you find Corolla 141s (the export model sold by the agent), Lancer CSs, Mazda 2/3s that are in really really good shape (check out some of the Lancer CS threads on the forum). Being export models they are rather simple when it comes to the tech as well.

Finally, about your comment about AL members not taking kindly to fuel consumption. Sorry if you feel that way..but that is not it at all. Most of us acknowledge and appreciate the fact that fuel consumption/cost is a concern for many people (it is for us too). What we do dismiss is people buying a particular car just because of stories they heard through the grape vine and blindly following the herd. Owning a car is a lot more than just pumping petrol in to it. There is a lot more when you look at the total cost of ownership. Then there also is the matter of actually buying a car that you want to buy and enjoy...not because the neighbor's colleague's brother-in-law's sister bought a particular car and said it was brilliant.

Edited by iRage
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, iRage said:

Well....you really cannot say the Wagon R is bad..it is okay for what it is..which is a an economical city car. Granted there are much more refined options in its class but those do not come to Sri Lanka because of the tax structure (Honda N Kei cars and some Daihatsu models are actually much nicer.)

If you are looking at an Axio 141 or a Allion 240...then so be it. But please bare in mind that you will have to be very very patient when looking for a good car and be very stringent on inspecting it. Yes...the low grade Axio 141s (X grade) did not come with RPM meters....On the other hand there are special packages of the X grade that did come with the RPM meter. Do you need an RPM meter though ?

The standard Allion does look dated...but there are also a lot who find it to be somewhat of an ageless design as well..they look especially nice if it has the factory side skirts and lips and the sporty grill and premium wheels :) . If taken care of well the Allion inerior looks and feels more refined and luxurious than the Axio and the ride is a bit nicer too. The Allion 240 and the Axio 141 both will have the 1.5L 1NZ-FE engine. They both put about the same power amount (Allion has 2 or 3 horses more but slightly heavier). The Allion 1.5L and 1.8L variants come with a standard automatic transmission (a Super ECT) whilst the Axio comes with a CVT. A standard automatic is a lot easier to take care of and is actually nicer to drive. I am sure I do not have to tell you the "sensitivities" of a Toyota CVT. However..being a standard automatic would also mean that it might not be as fuel efficient as a CVT. However, this is theoretical. At the end of the day...a badly maintained CVT can easily have lower fuel economy than a well maintained AT in a slightly heavier car. If you can find a good example..they both will be good choices.

Having said that...don't shy away from looking at other cars as well....sometimes you find Corolla 141s (the export model sold by the agent), Lancer CSs, Mazda 2/3s that are in really really good shape (check out some of the Lancer CS threads on the forum). Being export models they are rather simple when it comes to the tech as well.

Finally, about your comment about AL members not taking kindly to fuel consumption. Sorry if you feel that way..but that is not it at all. Most of us acknowledge and appreciate the fact that fuel consumption/cost is a concern for many people (it is for us too). What we do dismiss is people buying a particular car just because of stories they heard through the grape vine and blindly following the herd. Owning a car is a lot more than just pumping petrol in to it. There is a lot more when you look at the total cost of ownership. Then there also is the matter of actually buying a car that you want to buy and enjoy...not because the neighbor's colleague's brother-in-law's sister bought a particular car and said it was brilliant.

Thanks for the wonderful explanation bro. Anyway i want to learn about cvt and these different technologies. Is there good threads that i can learn the basics of these

8 hours ago, Husny said:

Thanks for the wonderful explanation bro. Anyway i want to learn about cvt and these different technologies. Is there good threads that i can learn the basics of these

There is no thread on CVT and AT tech on the AL forums...but if you do a google search you get some really good technical resources.

Now when you say you want to learn about technology...does that mean you want to get your hands dirty and do work on your car yourself ? In which case...I would say go for the one with the simpler technology (so we are talking about old fashioned straight forward  EFI engines...simple AT or manual transmission, straight forward brakes (with ABS), etc...

On 8/5/2020 at 10:58 PM, Husny said:

Because people are becoming poorer in srilanka. Politicians are becoming richer haha

On 8/6/2020 at 6:46 AM, fiat fan said:

Mahattaya, this thread is from 2013!

Screenshot_20200807_081923.jpg

• Haha 1

On 8/6/2020 at 4:04 PM, iRage said:

The Allion 1.5L and 1.8L variants come with a standard automatic transmission (a Super ECT) whilst the Axio comes with a CVT. 

Wasn't 240 1800cc came with cvt? Or is it just 2000cc one? 

17 minutes ago, hrm said:

Wasn't 240 1800cc came with cvt? Or is it just 2000cc one? 

Just the 2000cc one. The 2000cc came with a K110/K111 CVT transmission whilst the 1.5 with a U340E and the 1.8 with U341F AT transmission. The U341 was pretty much a U340 with a different final gear ratio

• Like 1