• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Rear Shock Absorbers Replacement

chamwic

The time has come to replace my Toyota Sprinter EE111 rear shock absorbers.

I need an idea about what are the brands available and prices of them.

Is it ok to replace with Japanese used but in good condition shocks?

Part No: 48540-19095

Most of the so called 2nd hand shocks are ones that have been refurbished by a few places in SL. I've heard that you can run with them for a few months but then you have to spend on them again.

You should be able to replace with 2 b'new KYBs for under 20k if I'm not wrong, which should be a wiser choice.

Most of the so called 2nd hand shocks are ones that have been refurbished by a few places in SL. I've heard that you can run with them for a few months but then you have to spend on them again.

You should be able to replace with 2 b'new KYBs for under 20k if I'm not wrong, which should be a wiser choice.

yea, you are better off with a pair of brad new as it comes with a warranty.......not only its a factor of comfort, but safety as well...

Don't use, Used shock absobers. for toyota AE110 and AE111 you can fine Genuin but Made in Thailand spares for very low price. if some one is going to thailand tel him to bring from thailand. price cheap but good quality.

Experts I have 2 questions.....

1. I've heard in Sri Lanka, left side shocks are more prone to be damage compared to right. is this true? Yes. Not only in SL wherever you find regular potholes on the road. You are more likely to avoid them on the driver side. Also it is usually the left side that goes over curbs, culverts, and whatever irregularities on the left side of the road.

2. If above ture, what if we change the side of shocks after using for a while? (like left to right). The front shocks are not usually interchangeable. Even if you can do so it is not much worth the effort because then you would have a bad one on the driver side which you will notice immediately and make you feel uncomfortable anyway

• Like 1

I recommend you to go for genuine Japanese KYB shocks. I replaced my car's front shock absorbers by KYB shocks purchased from Ta*s Agencies at Hyde Park corner and noticed a major improvement in comfortability. The model of my car is bit rare in Sri Lanka but for my surprise, without turning the pages of their catalog they said they have the shocks in stock, when I asked by the model name. So obviously they might have the shocks for your car since its a Toyota Sprinter.

I had to replace the bumper stops (a hard rubber component) for the shocks as well. I'm not sure whether the rear shocks has bumper stops or not so please ask whether those needs to be changed when you are purchasing the shocks.

I'm not sure whether the following link will help you to find the KYB part numbers for your model but I am posting it since it might help other users.

http://www.showmetheparts.com/KYB/

Hope this helps :sleeping-smiley-001:

• Like 1