• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Will Japanese Car Setup Fully Work In Sri Lanka

zee boy

Question

I am planning to but a FIT hybrid with Japana TV/DVD/FM/Navi/Revers Cam/etc set but I have heard that the TV will not work in Sri Lanka, also a Sri Lankan map cannot be installed to the Navigation system.

Does anyone know

any workaround to get the TV worked in Sri Lanka?

Any workaround to install a Sri Lankan map in to navigation?

Any workaround to set the full FM band limit to the FM system.?

Appreciate you ideas !

3 answers to this question

Are you buying a brand new car from a Honda dealership ? If so it might be better for you to just buy the car without the head unit and maybe fix up a decent unit with all the bells and whistles you want ? I doubt the price is going to be much that different....(SOME dealers fix up things like the camera for you so all you have to do is plug in the head unit later on)

If you are looking at one of those integrated vehicle information like systems with InterNavi doubt it would be much useful in SL as most of its service functions are tied to Japan...

As for whether there are workarounds...I believe it is somewhat unit dependent. Some are able to be changed some not..you will find several threads about places that do changes and if you call up a few of these places you might be able to get better info on what is possible and what is not on what kind of device...