• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Need Help To Select The Car For Home Used

pradeep2010

Question

Hi Guys, I am thinking to buy used car my maximum budget is 2.5M. I am thinking Car models like Mitsubishi CS1 (Permit Car 2008 or later), Honda City GD8, Honda Fit Aria GD8, VIOS and Toyota 121. I like to by Auto Gear one but Manual OK. Give me your suggestion, what is the best car for home used and more economical fuel consumption with low cost maintain.

13 answers to this question

Hi Guys, I am thinking to buy used car my maximum budget is 2.5M. I am thinking Car models like Mitsubishi CS1 (Permit Car 2008 or later), Honda City GD8, Honda Fit Aria GD8, VIOS and Toyota 121. I like to by Auto Gear one but Manual OK. Give me your suggestion, what is the best car for home used and more economical fuel consumption with low cost maintain.

from your list 121 but, anyway only 1300cc fits for that budget. sylphy would be costlier to maintain.

Econ: 121, vios

Resale: 121, N16-17, Sylphy

Low maintenance cost: N16-17, Sylphy

Vitz prices also seems gone down. Would be economical n resale value seems going down.

Isn't Honda Fit Aria a economical car compared to N16,17 and sylphy??????????????

Vitz prices also seems gone down. Would be economical n resale value seems going down.

You haven't used a City/Fit Aria have you?

City/Fit Aria is as economical as 121 (if not more).

• Like 1

Uditha ,

N17 means are you referring N16 facelift version?

Udditha, How about adding FB15 facelift (new shell) it also have good resale value. maintenance will be same as you mention.

Have I listed N16-27, Sylphy in Economical List & anywhere have I mentioned so ????????????

No offense mate.........., but, while N16-17 and Sylphy are not so economical on fuel (as you also seem to admit) how come they have low maintainance cost? If you're to use a car you got to pump fuel regularly, isn't that so? And then the fuel cost will automatically gets included in your "maintenance cost" whether you like it or not. :speechless-smiley-006:

what is the best car for home used and more economical fuel consumption with low cost maintain.

Wanting a cheap horse that can also jump over a river!!!!

although this question has been discussed so many times and people always fail to understand the use of the search bar for some reason

my choise is the vios.

its a all around good car for me.

The Fit aria is also a good option if you okay with its looks, i personally dislike its odd shape.

Also the sylphy ain't a easy to sell car.

Edited by Schiffer

The best car you can get for that money is the CS1 because you can get a post 2007 brand new car, but it will be manual and Sri Lanka seem to be going for autos these days. If you can stretch your budget a little bit I've seen Toyota Yaris's of the same vintage going at around 2.7

The reason why I prefer them around the other options are because they are both Made in Japan brand new imported through agent cars, so the history is often verifiable through the agents and the cars are sometimes still with first owners and maintained through the agents under warranty. So you are likely to get a better car.

The overall cost of ownership would also be low since they have already suffered the initial depreciation and are fairly low miles so should give you years of good service.