• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Prado Trj150 For 25+5 Thousand Permit

MoneyMaker

Question

16 answers to this question

Guys.

I would like to get some insight about this Vehicle. I couldnt afford it at the previous prices but within the speculated price i am very interested.

I spoke to the guys who have advertised on the ##### and they say the landing cost will be around 8.2million (Permit Price not included).

Crosswind & Nzer whats the big deal! Relax. I want to know if there are already some here?

Dude dont waste this thread with your garbage if you have something valuble share it or plz dont abuse this thread.

Cheers!

People i feel by far the best deal for the Permit is Prado TRJ150.

Currently people are importing it from UK and Australia.

Toyota Lankan are apprently planning on offering it in August.

Thought?? Updates??

I think you need to perhaps phrase your question better so that It doesn't sound like a statement but more like a question and open for discussion.

Edited by The Don

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="fuzzo" data-cid="243588" data-time="1373563030"><p>

this is diesel i'm assuming...<br />

<br />

is the restrictions on options for permit vehicles lifted? i see some loaded vehicles coming down on permit. are they just slipping through or has there been a change in rules</p></blockquote>

New valuation mechanism by customs allows these vehicles to slip through.

Guys.

I would like to get some insight about this Vehicle. I couldnt afford it at the previous prices but within the speculated price i am very interested.

I spoke to the guys who have advertised on the ##### and they say the landing cost will be around 8.2million (Permit Price not included).

Crosswind & Nzer whats the big deal! Relax. I want to know if there are already some here?

Dude dont waste this thread with your garbage if you have something valuble share it or plz dont abuse this thread.

Cheers!

OMG all those poor souls who imported basic Monteros and pricing them around 10.0 Mil

For the permit entire different tax scheme applies(depending on engine capacity). for the used vehicles tax depends on the agents valuation .usually local agents gives the valuation for the basic vehicle.If the valuation comes below 25+5 limit you can import that vehicle.

Agents' valuation is no longer used by customs. They have their own valuation scheme, which has been given to them by a group of car sale owners!

In this system, valuation is same for the basic version and fully loaded version. This enables them to undervalue the LC and import fully loaded versions of the same vehicle.

So in essence one could bring down a M5 paying duty for a 518, may be not at the same rate because of the engine capacity but same CIF for duty.

What a country wish I had the cash.

Not really. The car sale owners' valuation list is only for common japanese vehicles.

Guys.

Cheers!

machan

you cant import trj150 ( petrol) but the kdj150 ( diesel) for the permit.

it s over 45000 aus $, and duty is over 3.5 milion slr, so i wonder how they are going to iport it for that price.

and majority of aus cars are done >100000km

machan

you cant import trj150 ( petrol) but the kdj150 ( diesel) for the permit.

it s over 45000 aus $, and duty is over 3.5 milion slr, so i wonder how they are going to iport it for that price.

and majority of aus cars are done >100000km

According to customs 'valuation', B/N FOB for TRJ150 is $34000. After 12 month depreciation, the CIF value falls below $30000 and falls within the permit limit. This is despite the options on the vehicle.

So all you need to do is, undervalue the LC for the customs 'valuation' and send the rest of the money through grey channels.

Good for big-time importers but bad news for small timers.

According to customs 'valuation', B/N FOB for TRJ150 is $34000. After 12 month depreciation, the CIF value falls below $30000 and falls within the permit limit. This is despite the options on the vehicle.

So all you need to do is, undervalue the LC for the customs 'valuation' and send the rest of the money through grey channels.

for the permit the cut-off value in yen is 24,000,000 ( 2100000 + 400000). TOYOTA TRJ150 is ¥3,375,350. but the diesel one value is given in usd.i dont know which one will be taken up by the customs, yen value or the usd???????

anyway if someone can get a diesel prado for 8.2 mill, i think it s a good deal

even a pajero v98 is expensive than this.

Edited by priyanka

maximum age of the vehicle imported under permit should be less than one year so the 12 month depreciation wont apply.