• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

What To Buy

dpk

Dear All,

I am planning to buy a car my budget is 1.6 ~1.7 mil so I have following options

• Suzuki swift (Indian)
  • Suzuki alto
  • micro panda 1.0
  • Nissan march AK12

I am expecting fuel economy, maintaining cost, resell value. Experts, what would be the best option for me. Thanks for your valued ideas.

Indian Swift will probably give you fuel economy and resale value. Will probably have higher maintenance.

March will have very little maintenance (if reasonably maintained) and it will give better resale value but bad on fuel.

I really don't know if you can find any of those cars in good condition for that price range.

Forget the panda. Alto might also fit in to all three of those requirements but I don't know if you can actually put up with it.

Alto might also fit in to all three of those requirements but I don't know if you can actually put up with it.

The Japanese Alto with the small engines are real gems (no not the Indian clones), they've got space, economy (my bros 98 Alto 660cc auto car does 14kmpl in the city and I've done 15 once) and rarely break down. I'm guessing the newer ones will be even more efficient with the advanced efi engines. Only thing is am not sure about resale value and parts availability.

i would suggest you to go for a japanese alto. you can find K number series one for your budget. what about a viva elite ? you can find a yom 2010-2011 one.. ? both will be reach your expectations as i see.....

japanese alto is easy to maintain,will get you from A to B, but quite underpowered & unstable. real pain to overtake or climb gradients even with driver alone or even keep upwith traffic . our 2003 one did about 13kmpl in colombo.

selling price around 1.6m.

If you expect any kind of driving pleasure DON'T buy!

If you expect any kind of driving pleasure DON'T buy!

No one buys an Alto, or the others on that list, for driving pleasure, do they?.....BUT the Alto has heaps of creeping pleasure in traffic, if that is your kind of thing. :)

We have a 2004 Jap Alto in the family and wifey uses it. Does 14kmpl in the city with A/C. No probs in a sudden fast overtaking, just switch-off the A/C, shift down to 2 from D and step on it..... voila.... you got the power you need to overtake!!!

Fantastic car to run in the city. If that is where you intend running it 90% of the time GO FOR IT!!!!

Edited by CJ5

No one buys an Alto, or the others on that list, for driving pleasure, do they?.....BUT the Alto has heaps of creeping pleasure in traffic, if that is your kind of thing. :)

We have a 2004 Jap Alto in the family and wifey uses it. Does 14kmpl in the city with A/C. No probs in a sudden fast overtaking, just switch-off the A/C, shift down to 2 from D and step on it..... voila.... you got the power you need to overtake!!!

Fantastic car to run in the city. If that is where you intend running it 90% of the time GO FOR IT!!!!

Yes you are correct. I also have 2003 Alto for last 4 years. No any trouble, just the routine maintenance like changing tyres, filters, .. only. Mazda carol is the same car which is manufactured by Suzuki; but it looks better dur to the front mazda shell and the rear badge. very reliable car and very easy to drive, specially to a lady..

Sounds like Fast and Furious :sport-smiley-004: