• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Eva! My Journey With An E36

Octanehead

Got excited by the conversion fact and forgot to comment on the car :)

I think its a beautiful journey overall Charith and I do envy you. My plan is to start the same journey someday with a E30 or if not a 36 and it's been a plan for a long time. But unexpected issues have been taking it away from me whenever I came close. Hope I could make it a reality at least next year.

All the best.

Got excited by the conversion fact and forgot to comment on the car :)

I think its a beautiful journey overall Charith and I do envy you. My plan is to start the same journey someday with a E30 or if not a 36 and it's been a plan for a long time. But unexpected issues have been taking it away from me whenever I came close. Hope I could make it a reality at least next year.

All the best.

Actually the 318is path is what im more keen towards right now! And just for kicks I want to Supercharge the thing! :D Haha, Thanks. Envy all you want but its a hard path as well. But at the end of the day, the smiles these kinda cars give you is invaluable!

Updates! Ordered more parts!! My A Pillar trims kept on falling, common issue with the E36. The A pillars and Glove box have issues. So anws got a pair from UK, will be down in a month or so. And just for kicks, here is a dripping wet shot!

DSC_00103-2-2_zps02c13321.jpg

I see someone's left out my tenure with Eva eh? Whilst OctaneHead was globe trotting I was given the privilege of running her around when a air flow meter issue crept up. Despite OH not knowing that his car has an A/C on switch (resulting in me thinking it was broke and sweltering for half a week), I loved the car, and although lacking in power, the car was great fun to drive.

The lack of ABS occasional gave me a fright more than once, (sorry Octane :smilie_liebe9: ) but always manged to put a smile on my face, whilst making me a little reluctant to hand the keys back...

Oh, and that air flow meter problem seemed to disappear after a good thrashing :P

Here's a pic I snapped of her with the family... A potential finacial nightmare captured on film... :P

dfd0c38649eb11e2984522000a1f8ad9_7.jpg

• Like 1

I see someone's left out my tenure with Eva eh? Whilst OctaneHead was globe trotting I was given the privilege of running her around when a air flow meter issue crept up. Despite OH not knowing that his car has an A/C on switch (resulting in me thinking it was broke and sweltering for half a week), I loved the car, and although lacking in power, the car was great fun to drive.

The lack of ABS occasional gave me a fright more than once, (sorry Octane :smilie_liebe9: ) but always manged to put a smile on my face, whilst making me a little reluctant to hand the keys back...

Oh, and that air flow meter problem seemed to disappear after a good thrashing :P

Here's a pic I snapped of her with the family... A potential finacial nightmare captured on film... :P

dfd0c38649eb11e2984522000a1f8ad9_7.jpg

Dam I cant imagine how I forgot the Air flow sensor mishap! Ah well now I must ask Esdeez, you thrashed my car? :P lol

Globe trotting???? I wish I could call it that!

And yes so far the Air flow sensor hasn't given me a problem since Esdeez's little stint with the car. Should leave the car at his house more often when I'm outta the country! ;)

• 1 year later...
Nice to see her again. Kind of confussed that she is still with you. I could have sworn seeing her advertised on the quick sale website for a few days earlier this year.
Could not find a buyer for her for the right price, so decided to keep her

yep same here saw her in few FB groups as well :)