• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Nissan Sunny Fb15 (New Shell) Modification

Charith H Jayasinghe

Question

*Hi I'm new to Auto Lanka.com,

*This is regarding to your opinions, experience, photos of modifying a Nissan UA FB15 (New Shell) sunny.

* Why I posting this is, I recently bought above mentioned car as my first car. I think my home town area influenced Me to go for that. Wanted to make it looks exotic (not sporty) but most of fb15 out there are kept in stock (default) appearance. So far the advices I got is to keep the car same even without change the rim cup.

* Therefore most of thing what I've done so far aim mainly interior and small exterior changes.

Pioneer sub woofer, replaced other speakers,

Display with blutooth with reverse camera,

3M tint with windscreen,

Seat covers (only to protect originals plan to add good one later after all finis),

Replaced Interior and front park light with white LED,

Head light protecting tint,

HID headlights,

LED strip fixed to illuminate front middle floor of bumper(bulbs can't be seen out side)

Future plans (wherever your opinions are needed to make it looks nice instead of kill)

Projector head lamps with day time running lights (komi is helping me with this)

Hid fog lights with ccfl halo rings

Alloy wheels ( This is the most difficult part to choose)

Spoiler (This is also too difficult to select, please upload photos if you can)

What would you do if you had this type car? Please your opinions are highly appreciated.

Edited by Charith H Jayasinghe

Looks like I'm gonna get a 3 day leave...

yet in the list.

1. Alloys- plan to meet Komi and visit JJ lanka.

2. Suspension upgrade- well a long shot but i think I'll be able to have it.

And as main concern is to cosmatic upgrade plans and prices which I got.

3 Leather seat covers 23k

4 3M carpeting 8k

5. Head reat displays 16k

above price I got from Kurunegala.

has anyone come across these recently? or are they fair ? or is there a good place that I can do above 3,4,5 for a reasonable price. ?

please respond or else PM me cause I will go for it 16th

Looks like I'm gonna get a 3 day leave...

yet in the list.

1. Alloys- plan to meet Komi and visit JJ lanka.

2. Suspension upgrade- well a long shot but i think I'll be able to have it.

And as main concern is to cosmatic upgrade plans and prices which I got.

3 Leather seat covers 23k

4 3M carpeting 8k

5. Head reat displays 16k

above price I got from Kurunegala.

has anyone come across these recently? or are they fair ? or is there a good place that I can do above 3,4,5 for a reasonable price. ?

please respond or else PM me cause I will go for it 16th

Leather seat covers ? :speechless-smiley-019:

ah.. is it bad idea?

I had fabric seats and now using cheap fabric cover set of 6.5k as I've mentioned earlier.

they were meant to be just to protect originals as I did lot of interior work.

so it's time to change. I was thinking either leather or padding type velvet covers and last decided to go for it as most of the time leather was taken as good AL forum.

your advises are welcome. ok what would you go for?

Real leather costs well over 150,000 for two seats and no they don't make covers. You mean rexin. Still will cost a lot if done from a good place. Try to get it from deens. They're decent. But might cost you double that. At least it's a quality product and won't tear in two weeks

I can get you 3m-like nylon wool carpeting for 2250. Whole car. Save your money it's as good as the real thing. Check my Datsun thread to have a look

Don't really know about headrest hater-vision. Try Bara again but might be costly. Have you thought of upping your sound system with that money? Powered speakers? 4 channel amp? Active sub?

Thanks for the info Komi.

I didn't think that it costs that much.

anyway I think t's right time to bring her to your special clinic.... or shall I send her with referral to do the needful?

Bara asked for same 18k

What do you mean by "Powered speakers"? any way it has an active sub pioneer set. I replaced all stock speakers to pioneer speakers already

well i'm a bit of an audiophile, and I enjoy having a high end audio system in the car. it need not be turned to max volume all the time, but it needs to reproduce the sounds clearly, and have a little bass to give the music some "body". basically "powered speakers" are speakers that can be driven by a bigger amplifier (much much bigger) than the one built into your radio. that's just 50watts, I think. or 25 watts. if you replaced your speakers then check the box for the output wattage. if its high (350-500) then definitely you are not using them to their max potential. the four speakers you installed (i'm guessing 6" round ones in front and 6x9" oval ones in the rear) can then be powered by an external amp. around 650 watts, if the speakers support. a 4-channel amp (4 outputs). this can sit under your seat. to get better high frequency representation, you need two tweeters sitting on your dashboard. its around 4500 for a JBL set. they come with crossovers, which are little gadgets that cancel out the low frequency signal before its given to the tweeters. and to make it an orchestra in your car, you need a subwoofer in the back. the cheapest option is to go for a powered sub (meaning one that has a built in amp) as opposed to buying a sub separately and an amp separately, which is more costly.

or just come to CSTH men. i'll be there Saturday til 12-1pm. can stay longer if you're coming. i'll show you what I mean.

also, its safer for your electronics to have a grounding wire kit installed. they draw a lot of power from the battery when you turn on ignition. its about 6500 but will save you a lot of money by not frying your hardware!

machan, 16,000 is a lot of money. you can buy a subwoofer or a strut bar from that. think about it. I know screens are cool and all but its not gonna put a smile on YOUR face! as far as you should be concerned, the guy/girl in the rear seat should be holding on for dear life. not watching sirasa tv!

• Like 1

... the guy/girl in the rear seat should be holding on for dear life. not watching sirasa tv!....

100% agree with komi.

Those video equipment are utter waste of money.

You would rather enjoy a quality audio system.

I am using rather basic pioneer set up (JDM one has no full range FM ) with high wattage pioneer speakers.

I was able to source an OEM twitter pods (covering the bolts of the side mirror).

Since I am a bit of a Toyota JDM fan, now I am looking for a OEM graphic equalizer (Found but still not in my hand), amp and OEM active sub (OEM for AE100 type JDM wagon, very rare though)

I'm also agree with you nano31 but most of the above mentioned also I've already done.

We did a discussion this evening. Now what I have to do is to find an amplifier ( currently having Pioneer DEH-1550ub set having RMS 50w x 4 with active sub with new pioneer speakers )

Also need to fix tweeters as you've mentioned.

Ok let's say headrest display will be a waste. then What else I can go for For cosmetic upgrade ?

Then I'll go for struts bars... later.

Edited by Charith H Jayasinghe

Machan keep your interior in stock look . personally I hate those seat covers. If you really want to change ,then as Komi mentioned redo them with good rexin.

@komi, Machan can those tweeters get fixed to normal pioneer usb setup without amp.whats the headunit in the Teg now? . Is it a new Avh X- series touch screen one?(guessing from the pic at your thread)

Machan keep your interior in stock look . personally I hate those seat covers. If you really want to change ,then as Komi mentioned redo them with good rexin.

@komi, Machan can those tweeters get fixed to normal pioneer usb setup without amp.whats the headunit in the Teg now? . Is it a new Avh X- series touch screen one?(guessing from the pic at your thread)

Gotta agree with H.C. Why would you want to change your fabric seats in the first place ? for me the fabric seats have been more comfortable than the leather ones :)

Yeah it's a pioneer touch screen. And yes you don't need an amp for the tweeters. They take the signal from the front speakers, and it first goes to the crossover,which cuts out low frequency sound and then goes to the tweeter. Well worth the money.

Well, reason to change is... stock covers are now 10yrs old. Though they're not damaged they looks old. so need a change.

Options were 1. Rexin covers - It's a deferrent feel. Bit easy to clean. and I think it's looks over fabric

2. Velver/Fabric Covers with or without padding ( added comfy)

Ok your opinions are welcome.

Please note.. we early started cosmetic oriented modifications lots of things have done. All they are reversible if anyone want someday.

Well, reason to change is... stock covers are now 10yrs old. Though they're not damaged they looks old. so need a change.

Options were 1. Rexin covers - It's a deferrent feel. Bit easy to clean. and I think it's looks over fabric

2. Velver/Fabric Covers with or without padding ( added comfy)

Ok your opinions are welcome.

Please note.. we early started cosmetic oriented modifications lots of things have done. All they are reversible if anyone want someday.

Hmm...I too did all the seats 2years back with very much leather like rexin.(cushion work guy told me that its a Italian material). Its holding really well for last 2years and not uncomfortable at all. But I maintained them carefully with once a month like Leather moisturiser treatment.(VVTi's advice! :) )

Edited by H.C

Ok,,, now we have another pissu dosthara among us,,, not as much as komi though... :) Good stuff machan.. like the enthusiasm.. hope you'll not loose the integrity of the car. As most others said, its a FB15. Keep it nice and clean...

Thanks Trinity,

Ok boss I'm always keep that in mind from the beginning as AL members advised.

Meeting Komi not a bad idea at all. I could save nearly 80k if I met him earlier and if I could get authority to post before (I had to stay 3 month) for Eg. projectors.

Anyway now everything goes smoothly.

What I believe is preserving capability to reverse I do max to make it I unique to me. It should not only be Nissan's Fb15 but also but also be my FB15. Komi also agree with it.

Thanks Trinity, Ok boss I'm always keep that in mind from the beginning as AL members advised. Meeting Komi not a bad idea at all. I could save nearly 80k if I met him earlier and if I could get authority to post before (I had to stay 3 month) for Eg. projectors. Anyway now everything goes smoothly. What I believe is preserving capability to reverse I do max to make it I unique to me. It should not only be Nissan's Fb15 but also but also be my FB15. Komi also agree with it.

amen to that, brother!

• Like 1

I've been following this thread for quite a while and it's really nice to see people doing something different to stand out from the rest and make the ordinary extraordinary. What I feel is that if you are customizing a car u should sit back for a while and think what u want out of it and how it should look like. Once that goal is set it's just about achieving it step wise :) Komi's Project R is a good example for it. And one day you'll have a thats BUILT NOT BOUGHT and drives and performs in the manner which u want. Hats off to all your efforts and Good luck for the oncoming ones :)

• Like 1