• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Nissan Sunny Fb15 (New Shell) Modification

Charith H Jayasinghe

Question

*Hi I'm new to Auto Lanka.com,

*This is regarding to your opinions, experience, photos of modifying a Nissan UA FB15 (New Shell) sunny.

* Why I posting this is, I recently bought above mentioned car as my first car. I think my home town area influenced Me to go for that. Wanted to make it looks exotic (not sporty) but most of fb15 out there are kept in stock (default) appearance. So far the advices I got is to keep the car same even without change the rim cup.

* Therefore most of thing what I've done so far aim mainly interior and small exterior changes.

Pioneer sub woofer, replaced other speakers,

Display with blutooth with reverse camera,

3M tint with windscreen,

Seat covers (only to protect originals plan to add good one later after all finis),

Replaced Interior and front park light with white LED,

Head light protecting tint,

HID headlights,

LED strip fixed to illuminate front middle floor of bumper(bulbs can't be seen out side)

Future plans (wherever your opinions are needed to make it looks nice instead of kill)

Projector head lamps with day time running lights (komi is helping me with this)

Hid fog lights with ccfl halo rings

Alloy wheels ( This is the most difficult part to choose)

Spoiler (This is also too difficult to select, please upload photos if you can)

What would you do if you had this type car? Please your opinions are highly appreciated.

Edited by Charith H Jayasinghe

Dash at night. My idle rpm slightly lower than expected

0j7r.jpg

Great work on the car machan, is it possible to change the back plates of the dash cluster to white? I've seen some FN16's which had those, don't know if they are available for FB15s. I personally think it looks cool.

• Like 1

car looks serously butch, no? haven't seen a sunny with that much presence

Thanks you Davy, Komi

Great work on the car machan, is it possible to change the back plates of the dash cluster to white? I've seen some FN16's which had those, don't know if they are available for FB15s. I personally think it looks cool.

Great idea boss. Let's wait others suggest also. Sometimes I feel that warmer look good or feel to change it to another colour. Why I say this because white background is seen at Old shell and early N16. Guys what are you suggesting?

Thanks you Davy, Komi Great idea boss. Let's wait others suggest also. Sometimes I feel that warmer look good or feel to change it to another colour. Why I say this because white background is seen at Old shell and early N16. Guys what are you suggesting?

replace with white LED's. much better light output and looks hella neat. or if you want white, or a lighter colour, you can combine colors to get the right output. if your dash is yellow, just google what color LED has to be used to get an output close to white. i use them on my datsun and the honda, and dash looks great. lights aren't that expensive, and you only have 2-3 inside, so its not a huge deal. you can get them from darley road, or even bara will have. any electrical guy will have.

o4rh.jpg

replace with white LED's. much better light output and looks hella neat. or if you want white, or a lighter colour, you can combine colors to get the right output. if your dash is yellow, just google what color LED has to be used to get an output close to white. i use them on my datsun and the honda, and dash looks great. lights aren't that expensive, and you only have 2-3 inside, so its not a huge deal. you can get them from darley road, or even bara will have. any electrical guy will have.

o4rh.jpg

yeah white LED's will also look cool. btw that's a nice dash komi, what car is it from?

Looks good but needs more low... The gap between wheel and arch is too freakin massive! I suppose practical considerations have to prevail though..

:) thanks Supra, a long awaited comment.

Any suggestions Supra?

Yes some practical issues there. The place where I work, for some places even 150mm also not enough ( therfore I leave car home unless really necessary) and sometimes it used as family vehicle (with about 280kg) stil want to lower it

still think think of lowered coil spring ( those guy at project performance said it may be hard to find) and existing shocks (new) are less than 10000km. Tyres also same. So planning go for 15inch and coils after driven for justifiable time.

Any cosmetic modification to reduce the gap? Hope MD will help here but he didn't comment here yet

:) thanks Supra, a long awaited comment. Any suggestions Supra? Yes some practical issues there. The place where I work, for some places even 150mm also not enough ( therfore I leave car home unless really necessary) and sometimes it used as family vehicle (with about 280kg) stil want to lower it still think think of lowered coil spring ( those guy at project performance said it may be hard to find) and existing shocks (new) are less than 10000km. Tyres also same. So planning go for 15inch and coils after driven for justifiable time. Any cosmetic modification to reduce the gap? Hope MD will help here but he didn't comment here yet

Sometimes machan practical considerations need to be taken into account as well, especially since this is not a weekend toy and gets used regularly.. Best thing to do is run as is until you next need shocks and then maybe look at adjustable coilovers like Komis or something..

Great Job on the car so far anyway, it's always good to see someone doing something different with a car that isn't usually modded by the average motorist. Cheers!

Machan supra this is proving to be a bit of a stumper. Sunnys were not exported to Malaysia, so both the Malaysian coilover giants don't support this chassis. Trust me I checked. Our best hoe is to go with something compatible. Or even get an old coilover set and cut and chop to make it match. I want to take this car over to Sajjaad from auto force to see what he thinks can be done.

This guy is not gonna regret that investment if we find some suitable coilovers!

Machan supra this is proving to be a bit of a stumper. Sunnys were not exported to Malaysia, so both the Malaysian coilover giants don't support this chassis. Trust me I checked. Our best hoe is to go with something compatible. Or even get an old coilover set and cut and chop to make it match. I want to take this car over to Sajjaad from auto force to see what he thinks can be done. This guy is not gonna regret that investment if we find some suitable coilovers!

Hmm.. Knotty problem indeed.. How about seeing if you can get the shocks/springs etc from a Sunny VZR? That may be an option, for all you know some yard somewhere in SL may have a whole car lying around...

Pulsar VZR bits might fit also...

Maybe we should do a full VZR conversion... Project R Reloaded lol... Charith, what do you say man? :D

Edited by Supra_Natural

Hell yeah Supra. Planning on as this is my first love I might keep this.

Still reading on VZR. Need prepair money about 500k ( she has already taken 300k for cosmetics) so that I can finish it quickly.

Need to ride on this fair amount distance to give up the engine for 2l one. As well as auto box.

First of all need to get a transfer to colombo military hospital.

You used to be able to get VZR conversion kits. Its entirely likely they are still lying around though the costs would have gone up considerably. Those days the conversion was about a 150K job. Its FWD so not much modification needed, all you need are the mounts, engine, wiring loom and ECU.