• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Nissan Sunny Fb15 (New Shell) Modification

Charith H Jayasinghe

Question

*Hi I'm new to Auto Lanka.com,

*This is regarding to your opinions, experience, photos of modifying a Nissan UA FB15 (New Shell) sunny.

* Why I posting this is, I recently bought above mentioned car as my first car. I think my home town area influenced Me to go for that. Wanted to make it looks exotic (not sporty) but most of fb15 out there are kept in stock (default) appearance. So far the advices I got is to keep the car same even without change the rim cup.

* Therefore most of thing what I've done so far aim mainly interior and small exterior changes.

Pioneer sub woofer, replaced other speakers,

Display with blutooth with reverse camera,

3M tint with windscreen,

Seat covers (only to protect originals plan to add good one later after all finis),

Replaced Interior and front park light with white LED,

Head light protecting tint,

HID headlights,

LED strip fixed to illuminate front middle floor of bumper(bulbs can't be seen out side)

Future plans (wherever your opinions are needed to make it looks nice instead of kill)

Projector head lamps with day time running lights (komi is helping me with this)

Hid fog lights with ccfl halo rings

Alloy wheels ( This is the most difficult part to choose)

Spoiler (This is also too difficult to select, please upload photos if you can)

What would you do if you had this type car? Please your opinions are highly appreciated.

Edited by Charith H Jayasinghe

Lenses look awesome! Told you! Machan go to jj lanka in mount Lavinia for alloys. I live very close call me if you do go there.

They have some awesome alloys. We can pick a nice one

Thanks Komi for all the help you gave. I'll contact you when I go there.

Now thats done properly, i mean the projectors

Thanks

machan i didn't see this thread, or i don't remember seeing it before! i'm so sorry i should have replied ages ago.

firslty, the forum members are right when they say not mess with the cosmetics of the car. i agree. these things look nicer stock. look up the sunny VZ-R and you'll see what i mean . only very subtle changes. since you drive long distance on excellent roads, can i suggest you invest in the following:

1. aftermarket suspension upgrade (coilovers with adjustable dampening)

2. front and rear strut tower bars.

http://www.ultraracing.my/catalog/index.php?id_product=1611&controller=product

http://www.ultraracing.my/catalog/index.php?id_product=1612&controller=product

the strut bars will improve cornering and help the car hold the ground a lot better. you don't really need more power to have a good driving experience. this will make a huge difference.

coilovers are expensive, but will further increase handling. it will be stiff, tho, they are not as soft as normal shocks. but the plus side is you can lower the car! if you lose an inch of ride height, then you won't need body kits, lips, anything. car will look amazing with nothing else on it. also someday if you hope to do a performance upgrade, you've at least got the handling part sorted out. think about it. its not for everyone, and its also not an option you can remove and throw away if you don't like it. after spending 120-130,000...

@ Charith H Jayasinghe,

Did you only fix the lens to the existing reflector or got the full unit (housing+lens)?

I only see a one lens per head light, is it for low beam or high beam?

How about the other low/high beam?

Please remove the front led closer to the number plate; it looks like what those three wheeler guys are doing!

Any way well done!

Edited by nano31

machan i didn't see this thread, or i don't remember seeing it before! i'm so sorry i should have replied ages ago.

firslty, the forum members are right when they say not mess with the cosmetics of the car. i agree. these things look nicer stock. look up the sunny VZ-R and you'll see what i mean . only very subtle changes. since you drive long distance on excellent roads, can i suggest you invest in the following:

the strut bars will improve cornering and help the car hold the ground a lot better. you don't really need more power to have a good driving experience. this will make a huge difference.

coilovers are expensive, but will further increase handling. it will be stiff, tho, they are not as soft as normal shocks. but the plus side is you can lower the car! if you lose an inch of ride height, then you won't need body kits, lips, anything. car will look amazing with nothing else on it. also someday if you hope to do a performance upgrade, you've at least got the handling part sorted out. think about it. its not for everyone, and its also not an option you can remove and throw away if you don't like it. after spending 120-130,000...

Sounds interesting komi.... let me read a bit and need to prepare... I will contact you.

ow machan. personally, i feel better without the led and winkers. winkers more than anything else our three wheel fellows will endure you replace them every now and then!

read up on all that. and let me know when you're in mount lavinia, i'll give you a little "demonstration"...

you want to see a good example of a car on coilovers, there's a nissan skyline R34 GT 4 door, parked at the offices of Foster and Reed Pool builders, on nawala road, just after nawala junction, going towards rajagiriya on your left. he has the D2 RS spec coilovers on his car, and its lowered to a point where you can't fit a finger between the tyre and wheel arch. wow. just stop and have a good look if you pass by.

there;s no body kit, spoiler, lip or any other sort of fiberglass hoo-ha on that car. and its to die for. andenawa bung

@ Charith H Jayasinghe,

Did you only fix the lens to the existing reflector or got the full unit (housing+lens)?

Please remove the front led closer to the number plate; it looks like what those three wheeler guys are doing!

Any way well done!

Yes Nano31

projector kit was fixed to existing reflector. It's a Bi Xenon kit.

Hi and Low beam are very good with almost no glare....

(struggling to upload photos..... soon)

Those LED can't be seen out side. I think thats cool.... any way let's keep that opinion open to forum to decide.

@ Charith H Jayasinghe

Any way well done!

Yes Nano31

projector kit was fixed to existing reflector. It's a Bi Xenon kit.

Hi and Low beam are very good with almost no glare....

(struggling to upload photos..... soon)

Low beam....

47678_10200976400386509_2136108326_n.jpg

High Beam.....

1011558_10200976400546513_782564582_n.jp

Those LED can't be seen out side. I thought those were cool.... any way let's keep that opinion open to forum to decide.

998043_10200976400066501_1197005871_n.jp999997_10200976399506487_444110134_n.jpg

Komi did you see the beam of above projectors..... the low beam is having sharp demarcating area.... thanks again to help me for that.

Now its a time battle.....

need to find stock fog light pair with plastic housing... do you guys know a place to find....? at Kurunegala is better colombo also ok.

perfect light projection. that's fantastic! see i told you it was money well spent. you can see the white break off into the 7 basic wavelengths at the edge of the top border. that's called a chromatic abberration, and the lesser that is, the more lenses inside your projector, and the better the focus is. your is barely noticeable so that means the projector kit is good.

check for OEM fogs on ebay also. now that kapruka global delivers anything for 15$ might jsut be worth it

Lowered springs! :smilie_liebe9: :smilie_liebe9:

maybe he could go for the VZ-R ones

Oh I failed to find fog lamps after trying all the day. I may need to find help of kapruka service as komi said, and in the eBay difficult to find OEM as they mention model year not the number so when I check they bring up old shell or n16.

If you dont mind me asking Charith, how much did the HID conversion cost?

It cost me 27k including installation.

I had to return for work unfortunately. So I'll be seeing her in another 40 days . Had a great time with her. Driven for 1711 km, projectors done and lot of small things. yet on the list alloys and fog lights. Not forgetting the suspension enhancement suggested by komi. I've read most, and it's really really cool. Now my heart says go for it. Need to meet komi soon.